Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to led door j the astra free error for how 5 drl

HOW-TO LED DRL Error free for the Astra-J 5 door
(12:th-Feb-2017, 23:50:39)sanj424 Wrote:
(22:nd-Nov-2016, 18:24:01)aurega Wrote: Hello again ! today I have received these bulbs from Hids direct - but on the backside there is number 4014 and not 3014 as on the web.
Is that correct ? Should I return them?

Thanks

Did you get this to work without error?
i have these bulbs and they errored so not using them, i even got the resistors from hids direct and the bulbs do not even work in them, waste of money in my opinion
To truly get them error free you need to wire in the resistors as in the tutorial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(12:th-Feb-2017, 23:50:39)sanj424 Wrote:
(22:nd-Nov-2016, 18:24:01)aurega Wrote: Hello again ! today I have received these bulbs from Hids direct - but on the backside there is number 4014 and not 3014 as on the web.
Is that correct ? Should I return them?

Thanks

Did you get this to work without error?

Sadly no :( on my Astra ST 2013 these do not work without error...
Gutted my DRL's are built in. No way to replace them unless I replace whole light unit :'(
If you have standard led drl's then why would you want to change those?
Hi All, at the start of this post it said that GTC's don't need load resistors? I have recently purchased these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...2749.l2649
when I first fitted them, they both worked fine but then the same night driving home from work one wasn't working! I contacted them on ebay and they have sent me a replacement. while waiting for it to arrive the one that wasn't working started working, then it didn't, then it did.... I think you get the picture? So the replacement arrived yesterday, I fitted and all was good until today. The one I originally had working fine had stopped working, so I left it for an hour gone back out and they've swapped over!!!!! It's now really doing my head in because when they're both working, they're really white and bright!!!
Anybody have any ideas???
I had those fitted too and they didn't last long at all. Very bad quality. The bulb part came away from the holder so the connection was loose, mine would sometimes work and other times they wouldn't. A tap of the headlamp would make it light back up which meant it was definately due to it being loose inside.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
(15:th-Oct-2017, 17:18:04)bannan Wrote: I had those fitted too and they didn't last long at all. Very bad quality. The bulb part came away from the holder so the connection was loose, mine would sometimes work and other times they wouldn't. A tap of the headlamp would make it light back up which meant it was definately due to it being loose inside.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The quality doesn’t look bad but tapping the headlight does nothing, think I’m going to have to replace them ☹️

Since you have gtc you don't need "can bus" led's which in reality only have resistor in them. That resistor gets very hot and can damage lamp/circuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkPGqM0Sl64
[quote pid='40000' dateline='1478593644']
(6:th-Nov-2016, 23:01:15)Rusty2009 Wrote: Hids direct have just brought out a new LED DRL with new chip which is meant to be error, another chap has brought a set as soon as I hear the results I'll post back here.

[/quote]
Just bought a set of these, no errors on a J 5-door 2013 with auto lights! Looks like extra resistors may not be needed for now at least? Anyone else had success that you know of?
(24:th-Jan-2018, 18:36:49)posty07 Wrote: [quote pid='40000' dateline='1478593644']
(6:th-Nov-2016, 23:01:15)Rusty2009 Wrote: Hids direct have just brought out a new LED DRL with new chip which is meant to be error, another chap has brought a set as soon as I hear the results I'll post back here.

Just bought a set of these, no errors on a J 5-door 2013 with auto lights! Looks like extra resistors may not be needed for now at least? Anyone else had success that you know of?
[/quote]

Which one is it specifically?
Has anyone came across radio signal interference once doing this?

Local stations get interference when just drls are on... if I then light switch to dipped beam (drl dims or main beam) then it’s fine.

Got my head battered as I like listening to capital radio.

My car is Astra 2013 2.0cdti sri 5 door.
Hi ,just reviving the old thread . I have recently chanhed headlight bulbs to philips xtreme vision and they look good but DRL look really yellowish so looking to go for LED .i have found one on ebay with canbus error free.not sure if they will work for astra j 5 door .I have looked into HIDs direct but most links are out of stock
Any suggestions.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...2734891574
(17:th-Feb-2019, 19:36:15)Rocky33 Wrote: Hi ,just reviving the old thread . I have recently chanhed headlight bulbs to philips xtreme vision and they look good but DRL look really yellowish so looking to go for LED .i have found one on ebay with canbus error free.not sure if they will work for astra j 5 door .I have looked into HIDs direct but most links are  out of stock
Any suggestions.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...2734891574

They don't work on a 5 door J
Hello! Sorry for my bad English. I tried to do something less invasive than what tucpal proposed. I mean trying not to make any hole on the dust cap, but intercepting the drl + and - cables on the cable that goes to the headlamp. So I found the corresponding cables, but when I plug the resistance among the drl positive and negative, the 7443 leds in position mode turn off. If I unplug the resistance, the led in position mode come back to work. Do you know why I am wrong? Thank you.
P.S.: I corrected the pin order on the lamp.
I have resorted to blue colour Halogen bulb bought from amazon which appear bright white which wil do for me for now lol.
I've read through most of the thread and I'm still not sure what's the state with the HIDS-DIRECT bulbs.
Can someone confirm if they work without additional resistors?

I can the same ones for about 25 euros.
The are hit & miss some work without the need for resistors whereas others need resistors.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to ambient door lights tucpal 214 121,025 28:th-Mar-2021, 00:48:32
Last Post: Benk91
  Projector HID retro fit Astra j 5 door tucpal 88 67,744 4:th-Jun-2020, 09:01:15
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Upgrading Fog lights on J 5 door GarethMyers14 4 8,272 17:th-Nov-2017, 02:25:38
Last Post: sanj424

Who read this thread?
8 User(s) read this thread:
Big Dave2 (25:th-Jan-2024, 12:44:56), Rocky33 (16:th-Sep-2023, 17:15:10), loeb (22:nd-Mar-2024, 21:08:59), livo (9:th-May-2023, 14:13:12), bill33 (29:th-Mar-2024, 03:24:35), Rosen Popov (12:th-Sep-2023, 16:47:56), Dominattor (12:th-Nov-2023, 01:21:49), mc92661 (13:th-Sep-2023, 20:44:46)