Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
fit retro door j projector hid astra 5

Projector HID retro fit Astra j 5 door
Here is the pin outs for you, I can't find my spare Connectors to get a pic of the how far the brown clip comes out but the image on the pin out shows that.

Left headlamp

Right headlamp
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I have no words to thank you mates! It's not an easy retrofit for me and you help me a lot! I ll keep you updated
The light Patten is the hardest part I would fit and adjust before sealing it will make life alot easier you are doing a good job so far
(12:th-Jul-2015, 21:12:43)DNT Wrote: I have no words to thank you mates! It's not an easy retrofit for me and you help me a lot! I ll keep you updated

how have you got on with this
(1:st-Aug-2015, 16:46:05)tucpal Wrote:
(12:th-Jul-2015, 21:12:43)DNT Wrote: I have no words to thank you mates! It's not an easy retrofit for me and you help me a lot! I ll keep you updated

how have you got on with this

Getting there. I wont be using those 1w high power leds because they seem to be prone to burning out. So I ll stick with PIAAs.
I test fitted them and aligned the light pattern so now I need to seal them after a good cleaning. More pics to come when I m done

lovely you are getting there it is alot of work but it is well wroth it
it is a good idea to examine the headlight join for any cracks or holes before you seal it
and make sure it is really clean and dust free it is hard to get it 100% clean
and make a real good seal

agree with the DRL idea i went for the LED DRL as if they do burn out
taking them back apart again is a lot of work
glad you are getting there and look forward to the end result

That looks very nice well done.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thank you very much! You've all been very helpful!
Looks a tidy job. I'm quite taken with them in the chrome which surprises me.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Very good and well done
They look brilliant and light the road well by the looks of it.
Does anyone know if the gtc headlights would fit into the 5door J? Or is this a really stupid question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bumper would need changing also

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I don't think so wiring would also be different
Aww I got my hopes up for a bit there

Would be a lot of work to get it working. You'd have to change the bonnet and no doubt the slam panel also

I think the only wiring difference is 1 wire for the indicator, Even if the wires go to different pins it's simple to change them round.

The bonnet will be fine as will the slam panel, I cheap on the Facebook page fitted a GTC bumper to a 5-door said you should of changed the crash pad / bar but it still fitted without changing it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I know it's easier to take the headlights apart and do that but I don't trust myself to do it haha

just save for the aftermarket ones
They're about £200-£300 at least

The gtc lights do look pretty cool against the standard lights

Hello can you add a photo dremell cutter bit?
hi Tucpal did you have any errors throw up by the Hid kit??
only if you turn the headlights on before the ignition is turned on
as the ballasts need 60 secs to charge but that is normal with hids
otherwise no errors very good hid kit
Hi, can you show me how did you cut the headlight to open it? because I tried to heat it , and the headligh started to melting.. i m worry that despite i cut around the headlight, the glue prevent me to open it..
you can not heat it up the glue won't melt you have to cut it open with a dremel
and then glue it back together
yes , i finally did it.. thanks!
hi how is everyones lights doing im doing mine at weekend but im putting red angle eyes in to but to a switch so I can turn them off as its a little bit illegal is the led running lights a must or do they look ok with out
Thanks tucpal followed your guide and fitted mine yesterday great guide as I'm a bit of a novice I added red angle eye halos tho

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Here we go again...

I ve retrofitted projectors in my headlights 5 years ago. But the last couple of years light output was reduced. I ve even got noticed during last year's MOT. That was due to haze gothered in the inner headlight's clear plastic lenses. Projector lenses were hazed too. Projector bowl was in good condition though, no burnings there.
I ll give them a good clean  and we ll see.

I had no problems with moisture or water inside headlights. I had sealed them thoroughly. Don't know why this happened. 

I gave them a good clean but haze is still there. I ll polish them and see If it gets any better.
Could it be heat damage? Or is it like dried on moisture
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Toothpaste is said to work really well to restore a headlight.

Or what about a proper headlight restore kit?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I've used toothpaste on plastic headlights, never on a J, but on things like Mk1 &2 focus and micras stuff like that
always seemed to work fairly well, also gave the front of the car a minty smell!
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
So I polished them with a polishing machine and they became like new. I also decided to paint them black this time. Here you can see the difference between the painted one(left) and the non-painted one(right). 

Before 

After 
Looking much better
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yep they definately look better. I finally put everything back together. Now I have to do something about that front lip

Looks good there.

hopefully you can fix that without too much bother.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to ambient door lights tucpal 214 120,970 28:th-Mar-2021, 00:48:32
Last Post: Benk91
  HOW-TO LED DRL Error free for the Astra-J 5 door tucpal 217 129,366 21:st-Sep-2019, 10:01:53
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Upgrading Fog lights on J 5 door GarethMyers14 4 8,266 17:th-Nov-2017, 02:25:38
Last Post: sanj424

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
pr0xibus (8:th-Feb-2024, 07:41:01), mc92661 (13:th-Sep-2023, 20:52:35)