Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to led door j the astra free error for how 5 drl

HOW-TO LED DRL Error free for the Astra-J 5 door
They no longer sell them I think
As I said, for the cost I expected better

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Hi, i have some dlectrical training and as i see it, you all are using load resistors in paralel.
Why?
If u used them in serial to leds they would need be just 5w, not 50w, as i reckon.
How does the canbus detect them exactly?
Regards...
Can bus doesn't care if you put candles in there. It's just a bus made from couple of wires. But if iremember correctly then whatever controls lights needs around 0.7 amp draw in drl mode to not trigger warning.
two loads are added to make the DRL dim down error free
add one load only and ether side light or drl mode with have an error message
and the drl will stay in ether drl mode or side light mode only
two loads solves this problem and makes the drl dim down and work in drl mode error free
the drl is also linked to the main beam headlight bulb in side light mode
so 50w loads are used to combat this and to stop the cambus finding low wattage and giving errors
That makes sense, but why not put one load in serial at negative line? Should not that make the same result?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just played a bit with lights on my car.
Rear right tailgate lights also throw code 22, same as front right dlr. code 21 for left. Guest dlr+4 tailgate lights are on the same canbus and it measures ampere load. All on one side would have common negative.
Does that makes sense?

YEP tail lights are also linked to the drl
you can try but but when i tryed that the drl just stayed bright and would not dim
Hey guys, I'm looking at upgrading my drl's to led's with the help from this post, was just wondering if someone could post up a new link with the bulbs you find best to use, I've tried clicking on previous link from hid s direct however it says page not found, guessing they don't do that bulb anymore as it was from atleast a year ago haha
Thanks in advance
These seem to the ones they are selling now

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/r580-w21-5w...s-2-bulbs/
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Cheers rusty will get them ordered ?
Are these OK to use as the loads? I know I need 4 of them
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pcs-50W-6ohm-Lo...nav=SEARCH
Thanks
They're fine.

Ok so I have tried to fit my led drl's today and I can't get the sidelight to work on it, it comes on for about 2 seconds then turns off, tried changing everything round but just won't stay on, but didn't get it to flick between both at all, it's for hid s direct, any suggestions?
have you added load resistors is it for gtc or astra j
Astra j, load resistors was added
What bulbs have you used and you did add. two loads
Has anybody had any experience with these?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...04&alt=web

(11:th-Apr-2016, 09:50:57)bhalay207 Wrote: Has anybody had any experience with these?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...04&alt=web

A few have tried them the holder doesn't fit

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(11:th-Apr-2016, 09:08:17)tucpal Wrote: What bulbs have you used and you did add. two loads

Yeah two loads was added to each bulb and I used these bulbs
http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/r580-w21-5w...s-2-bulbs/
Bulbs are ok I fitted some to a gtc the other day so your wiring is wrong so recheck that
Ok will do thanks
Whats happening with images on this post? HAlf of them are missing, ex. Schematics from 1st page, bulb examples from 2nd page.
I just wanted to start modding my DLRs but have no info
(26:th-Apr-2016, 00:10:18)milika Wrote: Whats happening with images on this post? HAlf of them are missing, ex. Schematics from 1st page, bulb examples from 2nd page.
I just wanted to start modding my DLRs but have no info

All images loaded for me apart from 1 image that has been deleted by Lewis.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I will check when I get home
Would this set up also be the same for a Insignia as well? Pre facelift model.
yes if the DRL is on the canbus then the same will apply
Hello,
I bought the CAN bus LEDS  http://www.dobry-obchod.cz/produkt/95243...vouvlakno/
but ofc there is error on the dash-board. Only solution which I found is to add resistors. I don't want to drill the hole into the headlight back.
Is it possible to add resistors into the fuse box ? or any other place on the way to CANbus check part?

Sorry for my English... I'm from Czech republic.
Thanks,
Jan
(25:th-Oct-2016, 21:13:00)aurega Wrote: Hello,
I bought the CAN bus LEDS  http://www.dobry-obchod.cz/produkt/95243...vouvlakno/
but ofc there is error on the dash-board. Only solution which I found is to add resistors. I don't want to drill the hole into the headlight back.
Is it possible to add resistors into the fuse box ? or any other place on the way to CANbus check part?

Thanks,
Jan

No canbus bulbs work without errors on the J DRL's.

You could try tapping a resistor onto Grey/Dark-Blue wire coming out pin 9 on the headlight plug.

Your English is very good by the way.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(26:th-Oct-2016, 07:52:49)Rusty2009 Wrote:

Thanks,
Jan

You could try tapping a resistor onto Grey/Dark-Blue wire coming out pin 9 on the headlight plug.

Hello,
many thx for reply !!! do you have any photo of this plug? And you mean to add this resistor on both? gray one and blue one?

Thanks,
Jan
(26:th-Oct-2016, 13:54:59)aurega Wrote:
(26:th-Oct-2016, 07:52:49)Rusty2009 Wrote:

Thanks,
Jan

Hello,
many thx for reply !!! do you have any photo of this plug? And you mean to add this resistor on both? gray one and blue one?

Thanks,
Jan

Yes I've attached a image showing the plug and numbers.

Ok so the wires should be 
Grey/Dark Blue on left headlamp (one wire It's just has a tracer strip)
Dark Blue/Brown on right headlamp (one wire It's just has a tracer strip)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thank you - but I think this is too high-tech for me... I don't want to mess things up :(
I have taken a look at the internet and found these -
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Qua...8d811aa42b

They have 15W - is that enough for the car computer?

Thanks,
Jan
Hids direct have just brought out a new LED DRL with new chip which is meant to be error, another chap has brought a set as soon as I hear the results I'll post back here.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(6:th-Nov-2016, 23:01:15)Rusty2009 Wrote: Hids direct have just brought out a new LED DRL with new chip which is meant to be error, another chap has brought a set as soon as I hear the results I'll post back here.

Looking forward to have the feedback ! 

Thanks,
Jan
(6:th-Nov-2016, 23:01:15)Rusty2009 Wrote: Hids direct have just brought out a new LED DRL with new chip which is meant to be error, another chap has brought a set as soon as I hear the results I'll post back here.

Hello,
in the meantime can you please send me the link on those new LEDs? If its possible ofc.

Thanks,
Jan
(8:th-Nov-2016, 09:27:24)aurega Wrote:

Hello,
in the meantime can you please send me the link on those new LEDs? If its possible ofc.

Thanks,
Jan

Of course.
http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/r580-w21-5w...air-white/

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(8:th-Nov-2016, 21:36:55)Rusty2009 Wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,
Jan

Of course.

Waiting on feedback on the 5 door as well - might consider getting. 

The one I have currently are error free LED T20, but do not dim down. Had it for a year, left side is not working on side light mode anymore - which rightfully gives an error now. Just ordered replacements - its about half the price of the HID direct T20 LEDs.
I pay £10 for halogen bulbs from Halfords so £15 for LED's seems reasonable to me if they do work error free without the need for additional resistors.
(8:th-Nov-2016, 21:36:55)Rusty2009 Wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,
Jan

Of course.

Many thanks ! looks awesome ... I hope that they will going to work without any error.
Also I hope that this shop will send me these to Czech
Looking forward to have the feedback ! 

Thanks,
Jan
They say they post worldwide but import duty's maybe charged which they aren't responsible for.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(9:th-Nov-2016, 09:57:58)Rusty2009 Wrote: They say they post worldwide but import duty's maybe charged which they aren't responsible for.

Perfect ! So no we have just to wait on the feedback hope that it will be soon   

Thanks,
Jan
(9:th-Nov-2016, 09:57:58)Rusty2009 Wrote: They say they post worldwide but import duty's maybe charged which they aren't responsible for.

Any news? :

Thanks,
Jan
1 person no errors another person errors I did suggest they spin them 180 but not heard anything back yet

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(11:th-Nov-2016, 21:44:46)Rusty2009 Wrote: 1 person no errors another person errors I did suggest they spin them 180 but not heard anything back yet

Thank you ! well... I don't know
(11:th-Nov-2016, 21:44:46)Rusty2009 Wrote: 1 person no errors another person errors I did suggest they spin them 180 but not heard anything back yet

If you hear any news about these leds can you please let me know?

Thanks,
Jan
The reviews look promising on those bulbs. For £15 it's worth a punt

Got this from what @Tonto posted in another thread.

(14:th-Nov-2016, 12:33:14)Tonto Wrote: Just a little update for the leds from hids direct. @Jonathaneuk had them and he said initially he got an error pop up but they've been fine ever since and they're bright!

Here's a picture!

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(14:th-Nov-2016, 13:14:19)Rusty2009 Wrote: Got this from what @Tonto posted in another thread.

(14:th-Nov-2016, 12:33:14)Tonto Wrote: Just a little update for the leds from hids direct. @Jonathaneuk had them and he said initially he got an error pop up but they've been fine ever since and they're bright!

Here's a picture!

Great ! looks really good! I give them try .... Its £23.45 for me because of shipping.
Thanks.
Hello again ! today I have received these bulbs from Hids direct - but on the backside there is number 4014 and not 3014 as on the web.
Is that correct ? Should I return them?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(22:nd-Nov-2016, 18:24:01)aurega Wrote: Hello again ! today I have received these bulbs from Hids direct - but on the backside there is number 4014 and not 3014 as on the web.
Is that correct ? Should I return them?

Thanks

Did you get this to work without error?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to ambient door lights tucpal 214 121,971 28:th-Mar-2021, 00:48:32
Last Post: Benk91
  Projector HID retro fit Astra j 5 door tucpal 88 68,177 4:th-Jun-2020, 09:01:15
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Upgrading Fog lights on J 5 door GarethMyers14 4 8,328 17:th-Nov-2017, 02:25:38
Last Post: sanj424

Who read this thread?
7 User(s) read this thread:
Big Dave2 (25:th-Jan-2024, 12:44:56), Rocky33 (16:th-Sep-2023, 17:15:10), loeb (22:nd-Mar-2024, 21:08:59), bill33 (29:th-Mar-2024, 03:24:35), Rosen Popov (12:th-Sep-2023, 16:47:56), Dominattor (12:th-Nov-2023, 01:21:49), mc92661 (13:th-Sep-2023, 20:44:46)