Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
led door installing cards after won and t car start

Car won't start after installing led and door cards!!
Help Guys!!! My car now won't start after installing the LEDs and door card, when I turn the key the car just make some awful noises (like the battery has died or something) and then it won't start!! It also spat the disc out of the disc tray for some reason :-/

Anyone any idea why this has happened?! Kind of need my car for work so I'm buggered it I can't get it working!

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Pull the battery neg for 30mins to reset everything mate see that fixes it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I would but I don't have a socket wrench to loosen the bolt which connects it :(

Used a pair of pliers and did it. I even disconnected all of my wiring for the LEDs too but still had the issue :(

10mm spanner or adjustable spanner?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Pliers did the job and hope this sorts the issue, don't fancy having to ring Vauxhall or another dealer to fix it :( you seen this before?

Only times I've know this is when I didn't fit my fuseboard back properly

When Lewis put a fuse back in the wrong place

oh and someone else did tap into the wrong wire when doing footwell lights (tapped into the stop/start wire) blew a fuse.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ahhh right okay, well I didn't connect to any incorrect wires, and even after I did the LEDs everything worked Fine, about 15 mins later I try to start the car and then seeing this issue :-/ the windows won't even wind down now either but I was able to wind them down throughout the whole process

If pulling the battery doesn't work you could have blown a fuse or the battery could just be flat and it's jump start only on the J due to needing the clutch depressed to start.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Oh balls! And if it's the fuse how would know which is blown?

process of elimination mate
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I would say your battery is dead unplugging the window switch will do nothing at all with the car not starting you need a jump start
That didn't work mate :( windows started to work again but then stopped shortly after. Getting error code 68 on the dash too

code 68 is service power steering
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Huh...that's odd then, how could that have been caused by anything I did? I have AA home start so might ring them and have them sort it! Ha

Got the AA coming out to fix it under the home start thing I have

You have connected the led to the correct wires on the window switch the black and yellow but still sure this is just a battery issue
Yeah I did dude and they worked great. Did the wire that had red on it to the yellow cable on the car and the Cable that had white on it to the black on the car. I did completely remove the wiring and it still wouldn't start

Waite till you get a jump you may have left the lights on to long and drained the battery
I probably won't try and hook the leds up again, would you be able to do it tucpal when I go to see Andy?

tucpal Wrote:Waite till you get a jump you may have left the lights on to long and drained the battery

I'm thinking it is the battery, sometimes the windows would open fully and close again and earlier one opened about an inch and then wouldn't go any further or close again

Yep no problem but I don't see how that would give the problems you are having sure it is just flat
Yeah me too, if that's all it is then I'll probably just redo them myself they're coming in a few hours so will report back! Thought id see a dead battery icon on the dash though :-/

All sorted! AA man got it running again said the battery had 11v in it which would be just less than the computer would let the engine start with. He charged it a bit, told me to drive it for half an hour to charge the battery and now it's fine

Annoyed that I undid all my wiring in a panic!!! Ha. Gonna have to redo it now :-/

cool but next time make sure the ignition is of and lights etc when you are working on the car
Haha yeah I'm such an idiot!! Will hopefully wire it up again tomorrow, I've given up on solder, I just made a hole in the original wire after stripping it and fed the new wire through it and twisted to seal and then finished it off with some electrical tape

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uneven idle and hunting on initial start up Jpbroad1970 2 2,120 24:th-Aug-2021, 09:34:41
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 8,052 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  Diesel door wont opel Arkanggel10 2 1,456 13:th-May-2021, 15:31:33
Last Post: Arkanggel10
  Intermittent start, stalls after clock sweep no throttle response Jump to Latest Brendonm9477 5 2,846 5:th-Jan-2021, 13:55:10
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  door drain grommets bigbadkes 2 2,069 28:th-Aug-2020, 19:45:49
Last Post: niteram
  1.6 cdti 5 door exhaust tip? h4r7y 1 2,111 17:th-Jul-2020, 06:47:38
Last Post: Rusty2009
  passenger door deadlocked celrx 3 2,033 15:th-May-2020, 15:29:46
Last Post: paula9568
  Retrofitting stop/start system momoomar 3 2,360 23:rd-Apr-2020, 13:44:22
Last Post: marcus01
  astra j 2.0 start up cornwall37 2 2,636 10:th-Apr-2020, 13:47:56
Last Post: Kiel0777
  New Fuel filter. Wont start SALMHAGE 1 2,401 18:th-Dec-2019, 23:24:29