Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
timing water belt and pump

timing belt and water pump
Hi all. I just want to ask when i should change my timing belt and water pump? I have a gtc 2l cdti with 56000 miles. When do i need to change. Im not sure if it has ever been done as their is no record. Only had car 8 months. Any advice appreciated. I dont want to wait incSe my engine gets ruined. Thanks for your help. Regards
You timing belt should be changed at 6yrs or 100,000 miles whichever comes first (this is Vauxhall service interval).

Haynes recommend 4yrs 40,000 miles.

Have a look at out Service parts list for details on what and when.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Service-parts-List

Whenever I've brought a used car though the first thing I do is a major service for my own peace of mind.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Just saw this thread, where is the best place you recommend for getting the kit and price as well as it just the belt tensions and water pump required on these engines or is there also pulleys as well required and also what's the best locking tools to use for it as I'm trying to price up whether to do it myself or if I would be as well just putting it in.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
I recommend using OME parts of course there is aftermarket parts out there I guess it depends on your budget. Price wise dealerships all charge a different price.

When I do mine next year I'm going to do all the pulleys just save any issue's down the road.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
No problem will give the dealer a phone tomorrow to see what they quote for parts, do you know what the best locking tools are for these engines?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
On locking tool I don't sorry my mechanic has the tools I just help to learn (He's almost due to retire & I don't trust anyone else).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra A17DTF - Timing Belt or Chain? everson38 1 1,560 17:th-Jun-2021, 12:03:07
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Auxiliary Belt failure - cam belt change question David` 8 3,824 27:th-Aug-2020, 17:57:38
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra J 1.6 A16XER (115 hp) 2010 Outer Belt (and perhaps Timing Belt, too Acond 1 3,151 14:th-Aug-2020, 14:35:21
  Coolant pump 1.7 96kw? alexandrufalfan 6 3,456 9:th-Mar-2020, 13:30:03
Last Post: alexandrufalfan
  Timing locking kit help trevorgetty@aol.com 5 3,452 26:th-Jan-2019, 08:09:44
  Which water pump Ykrats 2 2,899 11:th-Jan-2019, 09:21:59
  Timing Belt and Water pump change Tarrymittens 0 2,985 25:th-Oct-2018, 16:08:39
Last Post: Tarrymittens