Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to led door j the astra free error for how 5 drl

HOW-TO LED DRL Error free for the Astra-J 5 door
bad news and good news

bad news first these turned up today
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/W21-5W-7443-T2...4d1a5f224f

and they do not dim down and also are just to long and do not fit well at all
just like the replacement LED bulbs i was sent by lush they look very similar
and also do not hold well at in the holder and just about fit as they to are too long
the ones from lush were that lose one fell in the headlight and took about an hour to get out
so overall not impressed with the new bulbs at all
the first ones i was sent from lush were real good and i now know why
the problem is not with the LED light it is to do with the size of the led bulb
the reflector in the headlight needs a smaller bulb if it is too long the light misses the reflector
and light output is reduced

now for the good news i got these also and they work perfect and dim like they should
also error free when the load resistors are on them
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-INSIG...4ac9f14ca6

they look much brighter than the LED projector lights from lush that are just too long
if they were shorter and fitted better they would be ok but they dont
the ones below are smaller and they light up the reflector in the headlight a lot better

so i have given up in my quest for cree led.s as there all going to be to long or will not dim down
and this is the LED i now recommend.

there cheep there the right size they fit nice and perfect and they look good too
so i am sticking with this from now on.
i am still happy with the LED DRL.s and think these will be better in the long run

NOTE........

[COLOR="#FFFF00"]PLEASE SEE THE HOW TO ABOVE
THESE LED BULBS DID NOT LAST
AND I NOW ONLY RECOMMEND
THE ONES FROM HIDS DIRECT
IN THE ABOVE HOW TO POST.[/COLOR]

Messages In This Thread
HOW-TO LED DRL Error free for the Astra-J 5 door - by tucpal - 30:th-Jul-2014, 20:04:43

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to ambient door lights tucpal 214 139,029 28:th-Mar-2021, 00:48:32
Last Post: Benk91
  Projector HID retro fit Astra j 5 door tucpal 88 74,429 4:th-Jun-2020, 09:01:15
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Upgrading Fog lights on J 5 door GarethMyers14 4 9,054 17:th-Nov-2017, 02:25:38
Last Post: sanj424

Who read this thread?
4 User(s) read this thread:
Big Dave2 (25:th-Jan-2024, 12:44:56), loeb (22:nd-Mar-2024, 21:08:59), bill33 (29:th-Mar-2024, 03:24:35), Dominattor (12:th-Nov-2023, 01:21:49)