Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
sound water sloshing

Water sloshing sound
So I've noticed since I picked my Astra Tourer up at the weekend that I can hear a very occasional noise which sounds like water sloshing about if I pull away a bit quicker than usual. I've had a good google search and think it's probably inside the doors, now I've seen that to rectify this you can remove the rubber grommets at the bottom of the doors and give them a good clean. My question is, would it cause any problems if I left the grommets out altogether, or are they there for a reason? If it's not the doors I also saw that sills could be an issue but is that only on certain cars as I have no idea how water could get in to the sills?

Thanks,

Marc
The water in the doors is a common problem, I just removed the rubber plugs altogether.
(19:th-Oct-2018, 09:09:18)Marc_81 Wrote: So I've noticed since I picked my Astra Tourer up at the weekend that I can hear a very occasional noise which sounds like water sloshing about if I pull away a bit quicker than usual. I've had a good google search and think it's probably inside the doors, now I've seen that to rectify this you can remove the rubber grommets at the bottom of the doors and give them a good clean. My question is, would it cause any problems if I left the grommets out altogether, or are they there for a reason? If it's not the doors I also saw that sills could be an issue but is that only on certain cars as I have no idea how water could get in to the sills?

Thanks,

Marc

Is the fuel tank full?

I notice the sloshing sound when have a full/near full tank.
Just got home and gave the back door a shake.. definitely water in it so I took the grommets out and it was like a waterfall! Gave them a clean and removed the little cover from the centre of the grommet before putting them back in. All the other door seems fine but I'll remove the grommet covers from them all.
(19:th-Oct-2018, 16:00:03)Marc_81 Wrote: Just got home and gave the back door a shake.. definitely water in it so I took the grommets out and it was like a waterfall! Gave them a clean and removed the little cover from the centre of the grommet before putting them back in. All the other door seems fine but I'll remove the grommet covers from them all.

I did the same.  Got about 4 pints fell out the bottom of the Rear nearside door.  Its mainly the rear doors but to be sure I took all the grommets out and not had an issue since.  I do however still occasionally hear sloshing, often after cornering which as theres no water in the doors, must be the fuel ....
Phlyer Phil
------------------------
Head In The Clouds
Mind In The Gutter

(21:st-Nov-2018, 01:10:09)phlyer Wrote: must be the fuel ....

Or trapped water in the sills. Have you made sure the drains are clear on those too?
I had the same in drivers side door and removed the grommet under the door and there must of been half a ltr in there and nothing in there since

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No sound on indicators, seat belt warning and quiet front parking sensors mpotsb 4 7,397 22:nd-Feb-2020, 19:24:53
Last Post: mpotsb
  Flapping Sound when driving. syscleaner 1 2,652 28:th-Dec-2018, 09:47:15
Last Post: vocky
  GTC water collects under rear window Canasta 2 3,729 30:th-Oct-2018, 22:23:04
Last Post: marky79
  Leaking water on driveway Smith-M 7 5,590 18:th-Apr-2018, 10:33:27
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J Infinity Sound problem abba34 9 7,477 11:th-Mar-2017, 17:59:21
Last Post: abba34
  Water inside car mart 7 7,310 3:rd-Feb-2017, 18:44:09
Last Post: mart
  Headlights Levelling Sound sheppy1 2 3,590 11:th-Apr-2016, 12:27:35