Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
water plugs

Water Plugs
Hi guys and gals,

Does anyone else have two weird little grommet things under the very bottom of each door frame that are used to sort of let water out of the door when it gets in? My car has them but they always get clogged and stop water getting out which then builds up in the door!

I rang vx to ask for some new ones as mine obviously ain't working but he said they don't sell them and all the cars he had in the dealership didn't even have them bit had a blank hole there instead... Taken mine out now but wondering if anyone else has or doesn't have them

Ta

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I have them on mine but mine have like a little flap that would let any water out.
Yeah mine has the flap but it's all clogged up...on all of them! I was forever having to stick a key in there to break the dirt and let the water out...so I took them out today after the VX man saying the other cars don't have em anyway

Do you park in weird places or something?! Lol.

I'm a windscreen fitter & obviously do door glass too, renaults usually block but a newish car shouldn't!
Yorkshire... Does that count? Hahaha. Been doing this for a while too! I posted a video on YouTube of it, last time it did it it tool about 45 seconds or more for all the water to drain out... And it was going out fast too! Haha

Honestly some Lagunas esp rear doors I've taken apart and had wet boots by the time it's emptied out.

What's it clogging with? Mud? There's no reason it should clog, seems strange.
That's what I was worried about! And yep! Mud... Any idea what they're called as I wouldn't mind buying more

Id just leave them out m8, amount of cars weve had in bodyshop with rotten panels from blocked drainage holes is rediculous
Cheers mate, will do that then... Fingers crossed it's not caused any damage so far

I've seen on the Facebook page people having bother and were told to just remove them. They are only there while being made and are meant to be taken out apprently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should of been removed at PDI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Oh... Hahaha that would explain why they don't work and why I can't find new ones! Ta guys

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 out of 4 glow plugs Euroshopper 1 1,924 2:nd-Nov-2020, 22:10:39
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  sump plugs andyp 5 2,631 29:th-Apr-2020, 22:25:57
Last Post: niteram
  Water sloshing sound Marc_81 6 4,778 29:th-Nov-2018, 12:22:12
Last Post: Maxniomi
  GTC water collects under rear window Canasta 2 3,737 30:th-Oct-2018, 22:23:04
Last Post: marky79