Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
off seat heated turning drivers

Drivers Heated seat turning off
if i had a warranty i would be banging down there door about it
but i have no option but to under take the fix myself
Kevin Wrote:Oh well, my seat is playing up now! I can't be bothered with the hassles of taking it in under warranty, so will be having a poke about myself.

Computer at work doesn't seem to give me a fault code, just says one code, but no numbers!!!! Annoying. One thing I do notice, when I monitor the live data of what is happening during the heating up cycle, it will stay on forever and never stop heating. I can see the module turn off when the resistance voltage on the seat temp sensor reaches 3.02 volts, but for some reason it just turns back on and goes through the same cycle. Result being a nice toasty seat. Not a very convienient fix though!

I might have a poke around today and see what I see, if anything.

Rusty, is your seat still playing up? If so, would be interesting for you to monitor things on the MDI and see if it does the same??

Yes mate I will do it's been ok TBH since I reprogrammed the module turn it on and it will stay on number 3 till I tell it otherwise, What I have found is if you turn it on and don't sit in the seat it will turn off quickly unless you put it to 2.

But Yes I can do some live data viewing no problem

tucpal Wrote:if i had a warranty i would be banging down there door about it
but i have no option but to under take the fix myself

Just need to make sure you get the right pads and part numbers mate, Also is it just the drivers side or both that affected by this problem, I would guess both would be.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
nope just the drivers side on every car i have heard with this same problem on the insignia and j
maybe the wires are coming loose on the pad with lots of use of the seat
Kevin what would like me to view under live data?

I have the following

Driver Seat Heating/Venting/Cooling mode
Driver Seat Heating/Venting/Cooling Level
Driver Seat Cushion Heating Command
Driver Seat Cushion Temperature Sensor

I have a small video which I shall upload later on.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
i would assume the temp sensor
Rusty2009 Wrote:John pull neg of battery (to stop airbags) and then unclip the seat connector and give a good blow on both ends check for any lose wires on the connectors and then plug back in, that fixed mine when lumber stopped working.

Gone for the easy option as I've no free time at the minute :( Cars booked in with the dealer for them to sort it.
Hey Rusty, been too busy with work this week, so very little time to be online.

It was the temp sensor voltage reading. Would be interested in what the maximum voltage it gets too. Mine was just over 3 volts and no more, at which point the module turned off but came awake staright away.

Cheers
Here you are Kev hope this helps.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Nice clear video, cheers.

It looks like your seat is still playing up, I noticed at about 3mins 40secs the seat switches off, then comes straight back on. Again about 1min after that, the same happens. I assume you never switched it off at those points??

So, the dealer tool does exactly the same as the one we have at work, just reactivates things when it faults.

So, this makes me wonder if those who are having problems with dealers, is it down to people with no knowledge of using the tool keeping it plugged in and watching the switch to see if it switches off. Hence why people have been told it is working fine!

Some day I will get motivated to take it in under warranty and hope I get treated like a normal human being!
interesting be good to see how my car worked as they cut off now after a few min,s.
The seat will turn off if no one is sat in, as to wether it would trip it's self on again I don't know all I know is it stayed on number 3 Saturday for just over an hour before I turned it down before it would turn off after a couple of mins.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:The seat will turn off if no one is sat in

Mine never used too. I leave my car to defrost in the winter with the seat on, and it always used to stay on.
Well I'll have had the car 2 years in 3 days dropped it with the dealer this morning. Had the call to confirm the bolster adjustment on the base is faulty and they are ordering parts for it. All still covered under warranty
well at least you will get it sorted out
tucpal Wrote:well at least you will get it sorted out
Yes I wasn't sure if they would cover it with it been over 12 months old. Must say the dealership does look after me.
well i took the seat out today and checked all the connectors and no joy on setting 3
but setting 2 will now stay on as well as 1
so i will order the heated seat pads and i will have to replace them
and it is one pig off a job but must be done by the looks off it
mate you sure its not a safety thing, as one the 3 bar setting it gets very very hot and mine turns off after so long aswell.
no mate turns off on 3 after a minute and the seat is not even warm
this is a known fault
Hi. Just joined after Googling for this problem.
My J had it's mot and 3rd service on 29/9/14, on it's 3rd anniversary.
No problems with either.
Then a few weeks later, as the cold weather sets in, the seat starts playing up.
Finally got it back to the dealer on Wednesday.
They confirm the notification from Vauxhall (in May this year), that the heating in a specific range of vin numbered Astras is faulty and should be replaced.
So, now out of warranty, I await a decision form Vauxhall about the matter, as I am in that range.
If they say No, there'll be an argument, as I think it should have been picked up at the service.
I'll post an update when I know more.
they may meet you half way but really as i have said before on here this is a fault they have designed in the seat pads
so it must be there fault this is not a were and tear issue more a problem they have made
so they should really fix it but i am stuck as i did not originally have leather and was unlucky to have picked
a set of seats with this problem
Tony I hope you get the result your after, I find if you keep on there back ring VX customer care direct you will get a much a quicker result.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
tucpal Wrote:no mate turns off on 3 after a minute and the seat is not even warm
this is a known fault

Oh i see sorry mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Going to have to have the passenger seat out as was out today and the driver seat turned off, the passenger seat didn't and something was burning I turned the seat off and the smell went away.

Or I might book it into the dealer but no doubt I'll get the its over two years old bull despite having lifetime warranty.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hopefully they won't give you a 2 year response I had a call letting me know my parts had arrived so its in tomorrow to be sorted
I hope so if they try it I'll get the manager.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Well rang them today, and got told someone will phone back when free guess what I'm still waiting.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Mine went in and has had the parts replaced and got the car back and its all working.

Hopefully you get better news tomorrow.
Glad you got your fixed mate.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
JohnL Wrote:Hopefully you get better news tomorrow.

Still no return phone call, I'm going to ring again tomorrow and complain!
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
After several failed attempts to get the car booked in over the phone I went in and complained to the manager and the car is now booked in for Monday.

Got the normal £60.00 diagnostic fee if not covered under warranty, then he said but it should be covered under warranty as we've had a few of these now and they've all been covered.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I've never been asked to pay a diagnostic fee
They do it all time never charge me though if they try I'll just get the manager

They have to say in case the customer has played and broken it and trying to pull a fast one.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Just got a call to say the car is ready and that they have replaced the heater pads and also the module
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
[MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION], right today vauxhall have had my car. Well they have it till Friday, anyways.... With the heated seat, they said they have to change the connector first before they can change the the heated pads. Which I tried to argue that as I am paying the bill, Specially as the connector is £129.24.
So if this works Tucpal, I will let you know and would be cheaper option.

Yet if it does work for a limited time where would I stand can I argue it and get my money back as it clearly wouldn't have solved the issue.
i really need to find out what connector is cursing the problem
and were its location is on the seat can you get them to show you
it would be a real big help ??
really they should replace it as it is not making a good connection
so it is a faulty part not a were and tear issue but they dont seem to admit it
and then it makes the heated seat pads brake
tucpal Wrote:i really need to find out what connector is cursing the problem
and were its location is on the seat can you get them to show you
it would be a real big help ??
really they should replace it as it is not making a good connection
so it is a faulty part not a were and tear issue but they dont seem to admit it
and then it makes the heated seat pads brake

I will push it tomorrow mate and say surely its a fault with the part etc...
I will mate, I will find oout part number tomorrow thats easy can do that over phone lol....
cheers mate as i think it is the connector for the heat seating control module
that is at fault and it could be one of 3 and someone has to confirm this
there is no point in me doing the heater pads till i find this out
[MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION], today i been to vauxhall mate. I must say I am glad I did, as someone has hit my car :( not happy. They had to hit the new bumper, ******s....

Right part number for the connector for the heated seat is 13442703
Thanks mate rusty can you look that pat number up and get a price and location if possible thanks
I'll look on TIS tomorrow mate,

Under £40 from autovaux
http://www.autovaux.co.uk/product/134427...ector.aspx

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
UNDER £40 from them only VAUXHALL JUST CHARGED ME £100 but then again that includes fitting
ha ha but did it work

looking good thanks rusty hopefully i can get the location of the connector now
and then i will get the connector and replace it
and see what happens but if i have to replace the pads also
at lest i know the connector is working and will not be faulty
and hopefully this will not stop the new pads from going wrong
and i dont want to waste money and time and effort on new heater pads
with out fixing this connector with a bad connection first.
Well i will not know till i get car back :-( they are doing seat tomorrow. They have to replace housing :-/

there are x3 connections for the heated seat at the module under the drivers seat.

All of which can be found in this thread http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Heat...-Operation.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Right this is what was changed on my heated seat and all now works perfect :-)
13442703 - Plug Connect
90543865 - Sleeve, Cable
11085864 - Screw. Cover

thanks mate i will get around to this very soon
and if it works do a how to
Thought id leave that to you :-p as you could take pictures :-)

@tucpal right the other connections which I believe you want are

[TR]
[TD]E14A
[/TD]
[TD]Seat Heating Element  Driver Back
[/TD]
[TD]KA1
[/TD]
[TD]In the passenger compartment, in the back of the driver seat
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]E14B
[/TD]
[TD]Seat Heating Element  Driver Cushion
[/TD]
[TD]KA1
[/TD]
[TD]In the passenger compartment, in the cushion of the driver seat
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]E14C
[/TD]
[TD]Seat Heating Element  Passenger Back
[/TD]
[TD]KA1
[/TD]
[TD]In the passenger compartment, in the back of the passenger seat
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]E14D
[/TD]
[TD]Seat Heating Element  Passenger Cushion
[/TD]
[TD]KA1
[/TD]
[TD]In the passenger compartment, in the cushion of the passenger seat
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]E15
[/TD]
[TD]Steering Wheel Heater
[/TD]
[TD]UVD
[/TD]
[TD]In the passenger compartment, in the steering wheel
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]

This is all the info I get on TIS about them mate, I will add this to above thread I posted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I thought only the one which was done on mine was needed, solved the issue for me?

i will have a how to on how to fix this in a week or so lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clicking clutch and squeaky drivers door Nemo 3 10,773 8:th-Jan-2016, 20:49:23
Last Post: Nemo
  Occasional problem turning on webby. 3 10,458 17:th-Oct-2014, 18:50:27
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Big Dave2 (16:th-Jan-2024, 14:44:41)