Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
a cdti flywheel conversion insignia 2 for 2010 mass single

Single mass flywheel conversion for a 2010 2.0 CDTI Insignia
Hey guys!

My A20DTH160HP 2010 Insignia seems to be suffering from a worn out or damaged flywheel. It started with a small rattling noise and now, over the winter, the sound is louder than the aircon maxed out, the car vibrates at idle, it jutters whenever I shift gears or when I release the clutch pedal pulling off from a stand still. Engine braking also starts to sound like engine breaking.  

Everyone seems to suspect that the flywheel is either worn out or damaged (the dampening springs have completely worn out or broken). 

I've been told by a friend of mine, a driving instructor on a Golf, that he replaced his dual mass with a single mass flywheel and fitted a damped clutch disk to damp the vibrations. 

To be honest, I am a rather aggressive driver and ever since I got the car I wanted to put a single mass flywheel in it but I was not willing to actually do it without a good reason. It would seem that I now have a good reason.

So what do you guys think, have any of you done this to your car and if so, how is it to drive and where did you get the kit?
Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my advice would be on a standard road car keep the dual mass fly, on a tuned or track car fit a solid flywheel.

I have a solid M32 flywheel and sprung clutch plate on my vx220, I converted it from the 5 speed F23. On tickover I get 'chatter' from the gearbox due to vibration from the engine, but the engine does have full race cams lol
I plan on making a tourer out of it, not so much a track car. I want to increase the performance and the first step I'm thinking of is doing a remap of the ECU which would apparently increase the HP by 30 and the torque by 70 nm. Given that the standard flywheel is knackered after 180K km on stock map, what would 50+ nm do to the flywheel?

In any case, I wasn't able to find any aftermarket conversion kits or a higher rated DMF. so I will probably install a stock one and see how long it lasts me.

Would you mind sharing more details regarding your conversion?
(5:th-Mar-2017, 11:59:46)i.rosca Wrote: Would you mind sharing more details regarding your conversion?

it's a long read

https://z22se.co.uk/threads/6-speed-conversion.7102/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insignia DVD800 retrofit Paul2012 4 3,503 18:th-Jan-2021, 18:33:02
Last Post: Paul2012
  Insignia Mk1 - Cd400 upgrade? Toboe 6 5,085 1:st-Oct-2020, 06:42:48
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Insignia tpms AlexFitton 6 5,392 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:38
Last Post: AlexFitton
  DVD800 to modern android conversion zzattack 9 11,913 29:th-Mar-2018, 16:42:36
Last Post: zzattack
  2011 Insignia Excusiv 2 channel converter speaker wires Steviep1992 2 6,244 16:th-Nov-2017, 10:18:53
Last Post: zzattack

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
hursty (9:th-Jun-2023, 15:13:12)