Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
upgrade? cd400 insignia mk1

Insignia Mk1 - Cd400 upgrade?
Hi,

I have a insignia 2011 with cd 400 radio, im looking at upgrading it to a nav 600/800 or similar.

from what ive read (correct me if im wrong) but you need a matching screen, head unit and front panel as well as wiring loom for it, wiring loom needs connecting up and the radio coded to the car, is that right?

and optional extras are like the center console controller, DAB, Bluetooth and reverse parking camera modules, but these can be added to the system and dropped in at later date if wiring is put in?

is that right or am i completely off track?

rather have a factory fitted type system rather then a aftermarket and could do with knowing what to look for etc?

Thanks ect
tob
Yes that's right.

Although the screen isn't paired it's only the main box that is locked to the cars vin.
You can use any screen as long as it's from a 600/900 radio.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks for the confirmation glad to know im on the right track, ill start looking into getting some of the parts needed.

If i managed to get all the wires and parts needed roughly how much would i be looking at for wiring 'wired' and the bits programmed to the car?
Thanks for the info, ill start looking into getting some of the parts for it.

If i got the parts required do you know roughly how much would it be to have the wires installed and parts coded to the car?
Most people who fit these supply the wiring within the fitting cost like wise with programming it's included within the cost.

I myself charge £200 to fit & program a Navi (this includes custom loom GPS hidden aerial USB cable).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Sorry about the delay in replying, been busy at work :/

Anyway ended up getting some bits and pieces (Radio, panel, screen, aerial, wiring loom) just need to mess about and get them installed and programmed up now.
200 was abit more then i was expecting especially now ive got the loom, but can probably sort something out as no dout id end up getting more mods done while i was at it.

Your down south, do you ever come up north west way? or have a list/know anyone who dose that kinda thing up here?
As im north wales but work over manchester way so in and about the north west?

And id like to try and get it done before xmas while i still have some spare cash lol.
I do travel but do charge for travelling.

In terms of others,

@Jpbroad1970 in Kettering

There is VXmods based in Cheshire.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insignia DVD800 retrofit Paul2012 4 3,503 18:th-Jan-2021, 18:33:02
Last Post: Paul2012
  Insignia tpms AlexFitton 6 5,392 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:38
Last Post: AlexFitton
  2011 Insignia Excusiv 2 channel converter speaker wires Steviep1992 2 6,244 16:th-Nov-2017, 10:18:53
Last Post: zzattack
  Single mass flywheel conversion for a 2010 2.0 CDTI Insignia i.rosca 4 10,506 7:th-Mar-2017, 16:19:12
Last Post: vocky