Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
problem with assist park

Problem with park assist
So recently i have noticed when i press the park assist button it no longer displays on dash "park assist on" but if i turn it off it will say the off...

Anyone any idea how to solve this please?

We today have had battery off for other things today and that hasnt reset issue.
no idea a trip to the dealers for you
lol bugger
Lewis before turning the key in take it out of gear, as the system is checking everything.

Even thou you shouldn't leave a diesel in gear.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
My park assist only gives a off message never had a on message the default is on with ignition
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I never get park assit on message but it comes up with a pic of the car and little boxes in front and behind.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
If it works when you park it must be on
Rusty2009 Wrote:Lewis before turning the key in take it out of gear, as the system is checking everything.

Even thou you shouldn't leave a diesel in gear.

out of curiosity why should you never leave a deisel in gear? mine is diesel and i do constantly
I do to when im parked on drive :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gilmore Wrote:out of curiosity why should you never leave a deisel in gear? mine is diesel and i do constantly

Yeh I do, reverse if I'm facing down hill, 1st if I'm facing up? Can it cause problems
Gilmore Wrote:out of curiosity why should you never leave a deisel in gear? mine is diesel and i do constantly

A diesel can start even without the key in the ignition.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:A diesel can start even without the key in the ignition.
I think that's true on the older engines. I think with the newer ones are controlled more by the ECU rather than mechanical pumps
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maybe but I wouldn't take the risk, I would rather turn the wheel to point to the kerb when parked on hill at least if the Handbrake failed the kerb will stop it rolling away
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Very true
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
See I do talk sense sometimes
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ongoing problem UPDATE Cameron UK 35 18,296 23:rd-Aug-2021, 11:00:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  My new Gtc problem already DE5IRED 18 14,039 28:th-Feb-2020, 23:58:11
Last Post: Zaf312
  Astra j radio / display problem Trublu24 6 16,504 1:st-Feb-2019, 08:38:04
Last Post: Rusty2009
  MAF Mass Air Flow Sensor is this common problem caretaker 3 12,440 21:st-Aug-2016, 19:42:18
Last Post: tucpal
  Service Park assist Kris 8 11,903 13:th-Jan-2016, 19:23:35
Last Post: Kris
  fan blow problem ozzysastra 7 9,234 31:st-Dec-2014, 09:52:28
Last Post: Lewis6317
  Occasional problem turning on webby. 3 10,424 17:th-Oct-2014, 18:50:27
Last Post: tucpal
  Hill active assist Lewis6317 15 10,730 9:th-Sep-2014, 10:42:48
Last Post: Lewis6317
  got quite a problem Gilmore 8 10,480 23:rd-Aug-2014, 10:40:08
Last Post: Gilmore
  Brake Assist Warning Light duncboyd 8 15,844 19:th-Aug-2014, 07:52:40