Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
problem update ongoing

ongoing problem UPDATE
So I've still got the ongoing problem with the SVS light coming on. It's been in vx the last 2 days and they think they have found the problem, apparently pin 24 is broken on the esc connector, this is apparently causing my problems with the clutch switch! It's costing £288 as hey say this must have been caused when the repair was done to my car when it was in its accident. They also said there is now no error codes, does this sound viable? I'm just worried incase the light comes back on, what do I do then?
so they want £288 to change a connector

ok is the ECU connector broke then
or is the pin broke on the ECU ?
It's the pin on the ecu they said, if u want a new ecu it's £1500
If it don't fix the problem then you go back and refuse point blank to pay for anymore repairs.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Rusty2009 Wrote:If it don't fix the problem then you go back and refuse point blank to pay for anymore repairs.

Do guys think this could be the problem cause? If it does come on I'll have already paid £288 so much out of pocket, at that point I would probably leave them the car and just ring me when it's fixed and I'm not paying another penny
Cameron UK Wrote:It's the pin on the ecu they said, if u want a new ecu it's £1500
Does this sound right? Pin on an ecu fixing £288?
If a pin was broken (missing) then of course that would be a cause.

think of it like this your hover stops working due to a broken wire on the motor, until you replace the wire your hover won't work.

(I've spent hours taking things apart to see why they've stopped rather than go and buy new I'd rather fix it)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
O dear that is not that easy to do then
if they are going to just add a pin to the existing ECU
it may well be better to let them do it then
that is really one part of the car you don't want to be
opening and braking anything ells in there
if it was just the connector you were only looking a at £2.00
Rusty2009 Wrote:If a pin was broken (missing) then of course that would be a cause.

Even though my problem is intermittent, they said the pin is broken which could be causing a loose connection which could be why sometimes it's fine and next min it's ****ed
I would get them to show you and get some pics if you can if it's broken then surely the fault would be there all the time but from what you are saying it could be more the loom that could be the problem.

all we can do is guess from what you tell us without seeing it it's like the blind leading the blind.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
here is what your ECU looks like inside
there is one way to clear this up
disconnect the battery and leave the car for 20 minutes
undo the harness connectors for the ECU and look for a broken pin in position 24
on the ECU side and the block connector side and tell us what you see.

on the female side make sure the pin is pushed all the way in
like all the others look for any pins that look further back from the rest
Well I'm gonna put the bill on my credit card so if it doesn't work and they don't fix it I can dispute the transaction
The car is in the garage as I've given them the go ahead
best bet mate you don't want to be taking that apart if you can help it
lets hope it all goes well.
Could I not just buy a new ecu like this? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1240064830
I'm just worried that this isn't gonna cure anything at all and the car is just gonna end up back there!

Can anyone find out what pin 24 is please, I'm out and about
it would cost alot more to program the ECU too the car than to fix it
rusty is the man for pin out,s but you may have to Waite to get the answer
tucpal Wrote:it would cost alot more to program the ECU too the car than to fix it
rusty is the man for pin out,s but you may have to Waite to get the answer

You think it could be tonight? If he tells me pin 24 isn't used then I'm going to ring vx early and tell them! It seems they don't know what the issue is!
i know he is very busy the next few days
you will have to ask real nice
I've found these bits here:

http://www.diagnostics.org.uk/AstraJ/K20...0(2H0).htm

And
http://www.diagnostics.org.uk/AstraJ/K20...20LDE).htm

On the 2nd link I could understand if it was pin 23 as it's all the things to do with th clutch, could they have got it wrong? Misread it?
there are two connectors on the ECU
so the first link would be wright.
tucpal Wrote:there are two connectors on the ECU
so the first link would be wright.
But vx said it was pin 24 which is for a seat belt which has nothing to do with my problem
every ECU is different for each model so the pins may be in different positions
if i were you i would want to see the broken pin before they touch it ?
Cameron UK Wrote:You think it could be tonight? If he tells me pin 24 isn't used then I'm going to ring vx early and tell them! It seems they don't know what the issue is!

Cameron,

Give me 10mins and check the tech section.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
The error codes coming up are:P0807 & C0561, HELP Lol
P0807 is to with the clutch here

C0561 is to do with the Park brake here
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
So is pin 24 going to be the problem.?
Cameron I'm really busy Today and tomorrow I'm trying to look into this for every time I get a spare few minutes as well as doing some other things.

Just bare with me.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
The clutch pedal position sensor is linked into the ECU

It's linked at pins 13 and 32 (although I can only find pin 32 reference in the pin outs).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks a lot for looking into this for me, I mainly want to try and find out if his broken pin 24 could be causing the problem?
What's happening mate?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:What's happening mate?

If you mean what's the problem, the start stops working, cruise control stops working and hill start assist stops, all when the svs light comes on.

If you mean what's happening with the car, I'm getting it back today after having the ecu repaired
did you get is all sorted out Cameron ?
So far so good, not confident but I'll have to see what happens
hi how can I get astra j wiring diagrams please help
(16:th-Apr-2021, 09:18:29)onurody Wrote: hi how can I get astra j wiring diagrams please help

By having an account with PSA and buying the required subscription.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My new Gtc problem already DE5IRED 18 14,006 28:th-Feb-2020, 23:58:11
Last Post: Zaf312
  Astra j radio / display problem Trublu24 6 16,481 1:st-Feb-2019, 08:38:04
Last Post: Rusty2009
  MAF Mass Air Flow Sensor is this common problem caretaker 3 12,429 21:st-Aug-2016, 19:42:18
Last Post: tucpal
  fan blow problem ozzysastra 7 9,216 31:st-Dec-2014, 09:52:28
Last Post: Lewis6317
  Occasional problem turning on webby. 3 10,419 17:th-Oct-2014, 18:50:27
Last Post: tucpal
  got quite a problem Gilmore 8 10,474 23:rd-Aug-2014, 10:40:08
Last Post: Gilmore
  Problem with park assist Lewis6317 14 14,588 22:nd-Aug-2014, 17:42:19
  Key problem on Astra. Rampage 5 8,522 5:th-Aug-2014, 22:17:58
  dtuk box aftre softwhere update Dicko 14 10,057 4:th-Jul-2014, 06:46:06