Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
problem in pain the assignment

Pain in the assignment problem

I purchased a 61 plate 2.0td with 26000 on the clock. Knew it was cat d repaired but drives like a dream. Everything is perfect apart from one thing!

When driving the 'service vehicle soon light comes on' when this happens the start stop doesn't work, cruise control doesn't work and handbrake auto release doesn't work! When the light eventually goes off everything is perfect. Took it down to vx who said there were 12 error codes so they removed them all, 8 were parking sensors. 1 was clutch sensor and can't remember others. Drove out of the garage and the error came back on after 10 mins. It's off back in tomorrow but what should I expect, also the garage know it's car d
i would say hopefully when they plug the diagnostic back in
they will find a new error code then they may be able to trace the fault
do you know why your car was a cat d front or rear impact ?
What it would of been better for them to do is road test it and make sure it didn't come back on.

Just clearing the fault codes and handing it back does not solve the problem.

just a thought but have you tried resetting the oil life?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
It had a front end bump
lets see what they say tomorrow
if you get lots of errors again you could have a harness fault
but report back ether way.
Worst case scenario how much £££ as I looking at? That's if it's not under warranty. I only paid £7k for the car so even if it's £500 I'm quids in!
i would not guess yet as to what the fault is there is more info needed
hopefully nothing major it all rests on what that fault code is.
tucpal Wrote:i would not guess yet as to what the fault is there is more info needed
hopefully nothing major it all rests on what that fault code is.

+1

i can tell you the cost of a front bumper harness is £60-80.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Just been into vx, only 2 error codes now, one is for the parking break and one is the clutch switch, I think the clutch switch problem is causing the other one! Getting fixed under warranty as well
good nothing serious them
probably just a bad switch.
Pick it up today, drove it for about an hour, same problem again! Back into vx friday
Going on the fault codes anyone know of a cheaper reader for the j? Saves paying £50 for a diagnostic each time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
richje100 Wrote:Going on the fault codes anyone know of a cheaper reader for the j? Saves paying £50 for a diagnostic each time

Your only real options at the moment are Vaux-com about £700 or GM MDI £1500+ then add subscription on top.

I'm hoping to build up a map of everyone who has vaux-com GM MDI and other manufacturers tools that can do it for a few beers for members.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Crickey they that much? On my old vectra bought a clone reader off eBay for £20 and it worked a treat.

Using Tapatalk
Yeah the op-coms don't work on the J or should I say some can get it to other can't I used a an op-com on my old Veccy and Zaffy but I've bought a GM MDI Kit now after having the vaux-com and only really being able to read fault codes and turn on hidden menus.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I think mine does have a code stored but the eml flashes too quick when doing pedal trick. I do have epb error light come on and off so just waiting for the service and ill mention it to vx

Using Tapatalk
I don't think there is a pedal trick for fault codes on the J mate most it is now done by messages in dash.

I might be wrong though.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I'm sure it gave me a code and with what I counted its clutch switch but can't be 100% certain its right. It didn't work on my vec which is why I bought the op com so definately works on my j.

Using Tapatalk
I've managed to get op-com to read/clear fault codes, also the bluetooth OBD II modules work at reading/clearing codes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i got the obd 11 but as yet i don't have any codes.
I use the paid version of Torque

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i can not get torque on the iphone
so i only have the free iphone ones and there no way near as good as torque.
but engine link works but is very basic really
can i just say, my car has been in the garage 3 times now with the same 'service vehical soon' light coming on, aparently its the clutch thats briging up an error code but all they keep doing is resetting it and saying they dont know what the problem is, what should i tell them to get it sorted as my warranty ends later this year, i want it sorted, the clutch switch has been replaced
If you can find out the DTC error codes I can help you more mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
go some were different i don't believe they can not fix it
more like they can not be bothered
Keep onto them or take it to another dealer. Another option is complain to Vauxhall customer services

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
go some were different i don't believe they can not fix it
and as above next time it goes in ask for the codes
tucpal Wrote:go some were different i don't believe they can not fix it
and as above next time it goes in ask for the codes

they cant seem to find out what the issue is, the car is a cat D so i dont really wanna go down the line of complaining just incase they dont do anything, they cant find what the problem is, they said they drove 25 miles in it and the light didnt come back up so it was fixed. The woman was really pushy for me to take out the service plan, i might tell her if she gets my problem sorted then ill take it out!!!
You do not need the service plan, you need them to fix the problem!

Tell them to keep the car A couple of days & periodically drive it
Using Tapatalk
I'm sure the clutch switch position has to programmed in. I remember seeing that option when I had my car plugged in a while back. Not saying that's the problem, but you never know.
J1ODYA Wrote:You do not need the service plan, you need them to fix the problem!

Tell them to keep the car A couple of days & periodically drive it

This won't help though, once the light has come on and gone off they can see that it's been on. The light wasn't on when I drove it in recently but they still saw the same problem. They just don't know why it's coming up. Can't thy just replace the full esc or something?
As I've said mate get the fault codes (DTC) and I'll look have they given you any paperwork at all it might be on there.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:As I've said mate get the fault codes (DTC) and I'll look have they given you any paperwork at all it might be on there.

Don't think I've got them anymore, when it goes in next time I'll try and get them
So the light came on again today , surprise surprise!, vx don't have a log of the error codes but I've booking it in for a week on Tuesday and told them I'm not taking it back until it's sorted!
Does this stay on all the time when it comes on

They should a have log it as the dealers need to claim the labour charges and parts prices back from VX.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
is your oil life ok ?
if not follow this VAUXHALL OPEL ASTRA J Service Interval Reset.wmv - YouTube
also try a system reset disconnect the battery positive for 30 min,s
reconnected then turn ignition on
follow instructions on the screen open close drivers window then open close passengers window
Doesn't the ecu store the error code if the light is on permanently ?

Using Tapatalk
yes it should do
So of the light goes off after a short while is this why it's not storing the code?

Using Tapatalk
If you get an error message and a fault code is stored it will stay there until 50 successful start's of the engine without the fault being there.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
the ecu should store all error codes
It comes on and off randomly, generally it comes on when setting off from lights and goes off when you completely remove feet from all pedals! Sometimes it'd flashing on and off. I remember they did say it's something to do with the clutch

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ongoing problem UPDATE Cameron UK 35 18,310 23:rd-Aug-2021, 11:00:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  My new Gtc problem already DE5IRED 18 14,053 28:th-Feb-2020, 23:58:11
Last Post: Zaf312
  Astra j radio / display problem Trublu24 6 16,511 1:st-Feb-2019, 08:38:04
  MAF Mass Air Flow Sensor is this common problem caretaker 3 12,445 21:st-Aug-2016, 19:42:18
Last Post: tucpal
  fan blow problem ozzysastra 7 9,240 31:st-Dec-2014, 09:52:28
Last Post: Lewis6317
  Occasional problem turning on webby. 3 10,428 17:th-Oct-2014, 18:50:27
Last Post: tucpal
  got quite a problem Gilmore 8 10,483 23:rd-Aug-2014, 10:40:08
Last Post: Gilmore
  Problem with park assist Lewis6317 14 14,610 22:nd-Aug-2014, 17:42:19
  Key problem on Astra. Rampage 5 8,531 5:th-Aug-2014, 22:17:58