Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
absorber shock flexride replacement

Flexride shock absorber replacement
Hi all,

So I have the car for almost a year now so I just went to the MOT here in Belgium and it passed with 1 remark: the right rear shock absorber is leaking.
Here's the picture:

Partnumbers on the sticker:
44 2400 005 332
GM 13 252 385
AAGF

So I have a few questions:
1. When should I replace this? As soon as possible or can I wait several months without a problem (it passed MOT). Should I replace both at the same time?
2. Is it possible to replace it yourself or do you need special equipment/lifting bridge? I found this manual (non-flexride) but it looks too easy
3. I found these 2 on ebay, one new and one used. But they are from a GTC and the partnumbers don't really match. Will it fit nevertheless? I see different partnumbers for LHD and RHD, lowered or standard chassis, wheel size... So i'm guessing not

Partnumbers website thingy I found (https://www.ilcats.ru/opel/?function=get...anguage=en)

Many thanks for your answers!
That would be a fail in the UK.
Replace them now with new and do both, relatively straight forward job if you have a decent jack.
I would replace in pairs always better.

They are quite easy 2 bolts jack and axle stands will help.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Just need to find the parts then. I can probably order them at the local Opel garage but I'm afraid prices will be through the roof.

davidoff Wrote:That would be a fail in the UK.
Replace them now with new and do both, relatively straight forward job if you have a decent jack.

Well, they do test its function aswell, and that was still good. So it still performs and they then but a remark on the form saying I should check it out. Lucky for me they did anyway

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GTC Horn Replacement ed-b 1 1,583 12:th-Jul-2021, 08:53:37
Last Post: marktourino
  Battery replacement - AGM or regular everson38 1 1,319 22:nd-Jun-2021, 10:37:05
Last Post: MarkAP68
  Glow plug replacement - Things to consider everson38 13 4,457 20:th-Jun-2021, 17:44:37
Last Post: everson38
  Changing Rear Shock Absorbers. Astra-J Hatch. Replace or reuse bottom bolts? Big Dave2 5 5,172 22:nd-Jun-2020, 11:35:40
Last Post: Big Dave2
Replacement discs and pads Iamthestig 3 4,015 23:rd-May-2018, 18:31:42
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Break Replacement sheppy1 15 11,373 17:th-May-2015, 21:40:02
Last Post: sheppy1