Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
discs and pads replacement

Replacement discs and pads

Hi,

Firstly, great forum with loads of useful info.

I need to replace the front discs and pads on my 2.0 CDTi. Eurocarparts list a few brands to choose from, one of which is Brembo. Is it worth upgrading to Brembo discs and pads with standard calipers? The price difference isn't much so I'm tempted but I don't know if braking or longevity will be improved - does anybody have any advice/experience?

Thanks in advance.
I fitted EBC dimppled and grooved all round with yellow stuff pads.

Breaking is abit better but I did it for looks over anything else.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hi,

I’m trying to replace the rear pads on my Astra J but have hit a snag. Replacement of the front pads was nice and straightforward but the problem I’m having with the rear is that the bolt head on the mass displacement damper stud is worn and using a spanner on it is going to round it off. The studs on both sides are the same and a spanner will not grip them. Has anyone had a similar problem and if so how do you get them out?!

Many thanks
(23:rd-May-2018, 17:27:04)Petrolhed917 Wrote: Hi,

I’m trying to replace the rear pads on my Astra J but have hit a snag. Replacement of the front pads was nice and straightforward but the problem I’m having with the rear is that the bolt head on the mass displacement damper stud is worn and using a spanner on it is going to round it off. The studs on both sides are the same and a spanner will not grip them. Has anyone had a similar problem and if so how do you get them out?!

Many thanks

Mole grips.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GTC Horn Replacement ed-b 1 1,572 12:th-Jul-2021, 08:53:37
Last Post: marktourino
  Battery replacement - AGM or regular everson38 1 1,308 22:nd-Jun-2021, 10:37:05
Last Post: MarkAP68
  Glow plug replacement - Things to consider everson38 13 4,397 20:th-Jun-2021, 17:44:37
Last Post: everson38
  front brake discs bgb65uk 4 2,229 23:rd-Jul-2020, 10:56:25
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Changing rear brake discs Big Dave2 3 2,100 26:th-Jun-2020, 18:54:19
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Changed Brake Pads, now feels like fronts are sticking Vx-Mad-G 5 5,630 25:th-Jul-2018, 15:44:04
Last Post: Vx-Mad-G
  Flexride shock absorber replacement rlievens 3 4,355 28:th-Feb-2018, 08:25:21
Last Post: rlievens
  Changing rear pads richje100 8 5,714 12:th-Jun-2017, 13:18:52
Last Post: Astra VXD
  GTC 2.0 cdti front pads tatters40 1 4,942 7:th-Mar-2016, 22:04:02
Last Post: irmartyn
  Break Replacement sheppy1 15 11,298 17:th-May-2015, 21:40:02
Last Post: sheppy1