VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Flexride shock absorber replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

So I have the car for almost a year now so I just went to the MOT here in Belgium and it passed with 1 remark: the right rear shock absorber is leaking.
Here's the picture:
[Image: 4JRjdUn.jpg]

Partnumbers on the sticker:
44 2400 005 332
GM 13 252 385
AAGF

So I have a few questions:
1. When should I replace this? As soon as possible or can I wait several months without a problem (it passed MOT). Should I replace both at the same time?
2. Is it possible to replace it yourself or do you need special equipment/lifting bridge? I found this manual (non-flexride) but it looks too easy Smile
3. I found these 2 on ebay, one new and one used. But they are from a GTC and the partnumbers don't really match. Will it fit nevertheless? I see different partnumbers for LHD and RHD, lowered or standard chassis, wheel size... So i'm guessing not Smile

Partnumbers website thingy I found (https://www.ilcats.ru/opel/?function=get...anguage=en)

Many thanks for your answers!
That would be a fail in the UK.
Replace them now with new and do both, relatively straight forward job if you have a decent jack.
I would replace in pairs always better.

They are quite easy 2 bolts jack and axle stands will help.
Just need to find the parts then. I can probably order them at the local Opel garage but I'm afraid prices will be through the roof.

davidoff Wrote:That would be a fail in the UK.
Replace them now with new and do both, relatively straight forward job if you have a decent jack.

Well, they do test its function aswell, and that was still good. So it still performs and they then but a remark on the form saying I should check it out. Lucky for me they did anyway Big grin