Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
off seat heated turning drivers

Drivers Heated seat turning off
i have now fixed the heated seat problem and at long last it works again
i will do a how to in a few days but seat heating matt and connector do have to be changed over
so very happy now
a how to fix this problem how to has now been done here

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-HOW-...ER-ASTRA-J
I know this thread is old! anyway our Astra Elite is a 2012 and when it was just over 2 years old the drivers seat was cutting out, the dealers repaired it under warranty, apparently it needed a new heater pad! it worked fine for a while but a few months ago it started doing the same thing! car is now 4 years old and going in for a service on Monday, surely this should not have failed again? I mentioned it when booking service but they said vaux are strict! and he won't know until it's plugged in and data sent to Germany!! surely these are not fit for purpose, where do we stand with this? anyone managed to get a repair out of warranty?

Thanks Ronnie
some have had the cost met half way some have totally failed and either paid the full price or done it themselves
Well Arnold Clark forgot to check it! can't be arsed taking it back, they fleeced me for £278 to do the service!
Ouch
(19:th-Apr-2016, 20:57:28)tucpal Wrote: Ouch

Indeed Apparently the 4th service is special? but wanted extra on top to replace coolant and brake fluid! I was fuming, told them to shove it
(20:th-Apr-2016, 19:28:07)ronnie63 Wrote:
(19:th-Apr-2016, 20:57:28)tucpal Wrote: Ouch

Indeed Apparently the 4th service is special? but wanted extra on top to replace coolant and brake fluid! I was fuming, told them to shove it

I've got the same issue on a 2011 reg, anyone had any success in getting it repaired out of warranty?
Bringing an old thread back to life as I need to get my finger out lol, is there any recall on the heated seat mats on these cars as both my seats turn off after a minute with no heat, does anyone know if this is a pad issue and if so have part numbers if there isn't a recall on them as I'm looking at fixing this issue not worked in 2 years, it's a 62reg 5 door elite I have.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Doesn't matter found tucpal's thread on stripping the seats so will buy connector and the mat for passenger seat first so if I make a mess of it I can still drive the car lol. Wiring shouldn't be a problem since I'm a spark just having the patience with stripping the seat may be the issue lol.

(27:th-Dec-2017, 05:05:28)Iaintruten Wrote: Doesn't matter found tucpal's thread on stripping the seats so will buy connector and the mat for passenger seat first so if I make a mess of it I can still drive the car lol. Wiring shouldn't be a problem since I'm a spark just having the patience with stripping the seat may be the issue lol.

I put a zafira 2016 one in mine fitted like a glove
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
I have just bought a 2015 Astra Elite with this drivers heated seat issue. Went to Vauxhall and they're not interested in covering any part of the cost to fix. Evans Halshaw wanted £270 to run diagnostics on the heated seat issue and the start/stop not working either. I told them where to go! Looks like I'll have to fix it myself. Is the part number for the connector kit still the same?

13442703 - £43.57 from https://www.genuinepartsearch.co.uk/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clicking clutch and squeaky drivers door Nemo 3 10,726 8:th-Jan-2016, 20:49:23
Last Post: Nemo
  Occasional problem turning on webby. 3 10,425 17:th-Oct-2014, 18:50:27
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Big Dave2 (16:th-Jan-2024, 14:44:41)