Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
message warning airbag

Airbag Warning Message
Hi All

So as my local mechanics are hopeless and getting them to do work is like pulling teeth I thought I'd see if anyone on here knew anything about an error I'm getting.

It pops up randomly 2 to 3 times per one hour journey and sometimes stays in for 30 mins before going off. The dash says this:

The error message via OBD says this:

Anyone got any idea as to where I should begin looking? I'm guessing some loose connection or something but not sure if it's in the seat or the belt holder or what!

Ta

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Check connector on seat belt presenter drivers seat if I remembered correctly it is the yellow conector under the seat
Tucpal is right, it's a yellow square connector clipped to the underside of the seat. Check its connected properly failing that the pretensioner may need replacing.... Which is £'s!

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Picture from when I did mine

Ahhh yeah! Think I've seen that before! Cheers... If I'm going to unplug it and try plugging it back in again do I need to have negative off the battery?

Not sure if it was the problem but I quickly checked the cable and it seemed secure enough but the black (white in your pic @bhalay207) clip wasn't all the way in. Hoping that's all it was!

It may have wiggled loose slightly due to vibrations mate. Clear the code and see how you get on.

Yeah I cleared the code mate, checked all the connector blocks etc. And it still comes back every time I start the engine

Trying to find someone to come take a look at it but it's painfully hard!

did you not have your seat wiring wired together could be a problem there mate
unplug and take the seat out check all connectors
See I'm not sure how it was wired mate! I mean raking a look at it under the seat it all seems pretty legitimate and like factory apart from a few connectors which appear to have been soldered together but not sure how or why which is probably gonna make it hard for someone to diagnose the issue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Check Number Plate Lamp Warning mp21 10 8,441 10:th-Nov-2020, 23:33:17
Last Post: Galway11
  ESP service message, erratic fuel range figures on trip computer mpotsb 2 2,636 7:th-Sep-2020, 12:04:29
Last Post: mpotsb
  No sound on indicators, seat belt warning and quiet front parking sensors mpotsb 4 7,396 22:nd-Feb-2020, 19:24:53
Last Post: mpotsb
  Tyre Pressure Warning Niggle phlyer 4 2,971 23:rd-Mar-2019, 11:39:36
Last Post: andyp
  Airbag light always on? Ssss 12 9,500 5:th-Oct-2017, 10:50:28
Last Post: Big Dave2
  'Service vehicle soon' message grahamfromoldham 18 64,683 26:th-Sep-2017, 10:22:30
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Fitted rear led lights, now bulb warning issues twinpipes 3 4,584 27:th-Jul-2017, 21:02:41
Last Post: Hummelshøj
  Replace steering wheel airbag newredgtc 18 8,971 18:th-Jun-2016, 06:14:26
Last Post: tucpal
  Tail light warning message CHTOPR 4 5,520 8:th-Apr-2015, 17:51:24
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Airbag Light sheppy1 5 4,551 5:th-Apr-2015, 10:57:04
Last Post: tucpal