Switch to desktop version  
Airbag Warning Message - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Airbag Warning Message (/showthread.php?tid=2830)

Airbag Warning Message - sheppy1 - 25:th-Sep-2016

Hi All

So as my local mechanics are hopeless and getting them to do work is like pulling teeth I thought I'd see if anyone on here knew anything about an error I'm getting.

It pops up randomly 2 to 3 times per one hour journey and sometimes stays in for 30 mins before going off. The dash says this:

The error message via OBD says this:

Anyone got any idea as to where I should begin looking? I'm guessing some loose connection or something but not sure if it's in the seat or the belt holder or what!

Ta

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RE: Airbag Warning Message - tucpal - 25:th-Sep-2016

Check connector on seat belt presenter drivers seat if I remembered correctly it is the yellow conector under the seat

RE: Airbag Warning Message - bhalay207 - 25:th-Sep-2016

Tucpal is right, it's a yellow square connector clipped to the underside of the seat. Check its connected properly failing that the pretensioner may need replacing.... Which is £'s!

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Picture from when I did mine

RE: Airbag Warning Message - sheppy1 - 25:th-Sep-2016

Ahhh yeah! Think I've seen that before! Cheers... If I'm going to unplug it and try plugging it back in again do I need to have negative off the battery?

Not sure if it was the problem but I quickly checked the cable and it seemed secure enough but the black (white in your pic @bhalay207) clip wasn't all the way in. Hoping that's all it was!

RE: Airbag Warning Message - bhalay207 - 25:th-Sep-2016

It may have wiggled loose slightly due to vibrations mate. Clear the code and see how you get on.

Yeah I cleared the code mate, checked all the connector blocks etc. And it still comes back every time I start the engine [PENSIVE FACE]

Trying to find someone to come take a look at it but it's painfully hard!

RE: Airbag Warning Message - tucpal - 25:th-Sep-2016

did you not have your seat wiring wired together could be a problem there mate
unplug and take the seat out check all connectors

See I'm not sure how it was wired mate! I mean raking a look at it under the seat it all seems pretty legitimate and like factory apart from a few connectors which appear to have been soldered together but not sure how or why which is probably gonna make it hard for someone to diagnose the issue