Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
rain sensor

Rain sensor
(18:th-May-2016, 14:00:59)Kado1111 Wrote: Why did they close the foam

Probably just to stop it from rattling around between comfort lighting panel and roof.
Could you confirm the parts needed for me?

YS12 XDA

Mirror with HBA if it works on 5 door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You also need the camera for hba I have it and it cuts out a bit late to be honest when there is an on coming car and you are going round a sharp bend but otherwise its fine
(19:th-May-2016, 14:32:12)tucpal Wrote: You also need the camera for hba I have it and it cuts out a bit late to be honest when there is an on coming car and you are going round a sharp bend but otherwise its fine

What's the part number? I seen one on eBay for £40 with loom attached but messaged seller and no reply yet.
The front camera is not needed for HBA you can't have a front camera and HBA mirror, it's one or the other.

Front cam iirc will do HBA but as yet GM won't allow retrofit.

So it would be just HBA mirror.

There is a sensor built on the mirror it has a RED and GREEN (led looking bulbs) which sense the lights.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(19:th-May-2016, 15:17:31)Rusty2009 Wrote: The front camera is not needed for HBA you can't have a front camera and HBA mirror, it's one or the other.

Front cam iirc will do HBA but as yet GM won't allow retrofit.

So it would be just HBA mirror.

There is a sensor built on the mirror it has a RED and GREEN (led looking bulbs) which sense the lights.

Alright do you know code for the HBA mirror? Etc and other parts and will order them soon? Thanks mate
No rear reading lights in my car I want to make myself
Rusty so what is my front camera for then I was under the impression is was rain sensor for auto wipers light sensor for auto lights and camera for high beam assist mirror for antidazzle
(19:th-May-2016, 17:06:43)irmartyn Wrote: Alright do you know code for the HBA mirror? Etc and other parts and will order them soon? Thanks mate

I'll look it up later for you.

(20:th-May-2016, 09:16:22)Kado1111 Wrote: No rear reading lights in my car I want to make myself

Just get another light unit same as in front and plug it in, you will have reading lights in the back.

(20:th-May-2016, 09:29:40)tucpal Wrote: Rusty so what is my front camera for then I was under the impression is was rain sensor for auto wipers light sensor for auto lights and camera for high beam assist mirror for antidazzle

Get a pic mate.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
i was always under the impression that there were only two mirror options
standard and anti dazzel.

here is the pics of the high beam assist camera i have
so you can see i have rain sensor, auto light sensor, and HBA camara.
also thought HBA was only an option with AFL ??.

there should be two front camera options HBA and opel eye traffic sign recognition and lane departure as far as i know
i would like to know if i fitted the lane departure button and changed the driver mirror for lane departure one
and as i have factory parking sensors and camera would mdi programing work on my car for this option.

Deffo no camera there mate.

HBA mirror and a rain light sensor I will check you VIN to confirm that.

One camera does it all mate.

No it's only programmable via VCI code which GM won't give.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
o yes there is this is the HBA camera for sure

also been told there is two types HBA and OPEL EYE
It's not a camera mate.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
well technically its an infrared radar camera that picks up the oncoming lights from an oncoming car and tail lights from behind etc
and street lights etc to turn the high beam on and off they call it a HBA camera
so if you want HBA this is the one you want but this was only an option with AFL

this is the opel eye camera traffic sign recognition and lane departure camera adaptive cruise control collision alert.

what i would be interested in is side blind spot alert system
how does that work is it just the sensor in the driver's mirror glass that detects the blind spot
or is it just the side facing parking sensors
The front camera will do Lane departure (if you leave the lane without indicating), Forward collision alert (but I believe that needs a radar fitted in the front bumper) also you can set how close to follow the car in the front by seconds (I'm not sure if that also needs a radar in the bumper), also Road signs and from what I can gather it also does HBA.

The blind spot is not linked into the front camera at all. That is done via the Parking sensors you need the advanced park assist system and it uses the parking sensors on the side of the car to scan and IIRC it displays an orange or green symbol in your mirror (the correct mirror glass is needed and they are £150 a side).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
i know that it is not linked to the front camera i just wonder if it was the driver's mirror glass or the parking sensors that had the sensor for the blind spot thanks.
(21:st-May-2016, 16:13:53)tucpal Wrote: i know that it is not linked to the front camera i just wonder if it was the driver's mirror glass or the parking sensors that had the sensor for the blind spot thanks.
On wifes mazda as I saw it's both drivers and passangers mirror sonce she doesn't have parking sensors
I would imagine that a request to GM for retrofit auto lights and wipers would be met with a similar response to that of AFL?
(1:st-Jul-2016, 21:39:04)stigeye Wrote: I would imagine that a request to GM for retrofit auto lights and wipers would be met with a similar response to that of AFL?

I would guess so mate it doesn't make sense to me they no longer make the J yet they now say no to even more, I really can't see the logic in it.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Makes no sense to me either, they just seem to want to shut out the little guy from making improvements to the second hand car market, improvements which actually make sense to have done.
Hello to all I do not know if you know that our dear astra j has a spy for the automatic wipers that only works on the first astra j.
To me it does not work and now I incocciato I want to make it work ...
So the first thing I put 2 SMD LED in the instrument without connecting them to the instrument ....
So the first thing I try to remove the detrimental wipers and check whether putting the lever of rain sensor if one of the pin generate a fixed voltage to the sensor.
But the only pin that I have noticed signs of life when I set the lever to the first position to activate the rain sensor virtually passes from 10v to 2.70 v when the sensor is active and if I set the sensitivity of the sensor to masimo down to 0.70v.
While everyone else is always + 12v
I have also seen close to 3 pin arriving at the sensor but no dice there is a + 12v fixed a -12V and + 7V ...
Does anyone know how I can help find any tension when the lever is set to rain sensor

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Radar Sensor Cabling kebibg 0 3,607 16:th-Apr-2019, 07:27:39
Last Post: kebibg
  Parking Sensor Display Vx-Mad-G 14 9,274 29:th-Mar-2018, 16:49:42
Last Post: zzattack
  Locate sensor voltage Rain cosmo black 2 3,983 9:th-Oct-2016, 15:02:44
Last Post: cosmo black
  Front parking assist sensor SectorOMEGA 19 10,047 9:th-Jul-2016, 07:57:37
Last Post: Rusty2009