Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
parking assist sensor front

Front parking assist sensor
Hello. From a few months I own Atsar J sportstourer. I have a few problems with the front park assist sensors. Today I have removed the front bumper and my jaw dropped. The previous owner probably has removed the bumper for a respray and he has not connected everything the normal way. From first view in front I thought that there were two front sensors but when I removed the bumper there were four. Two in the middle sprayed black were just hanging into the bumper curve attached to nothing. Now I dont want where those should go as there is no place to for them. Any help and photos if possible would be great so I can fix this par assist. Thank you in advance for the cooperation.
looks like your bumper has been replaced or fixed
you should have 4 sensors in the front bumper two at the front and two at the side
If there aren't any holes for the sensor to fit into it would make me think that he has actually replaced the front bumper and not bothered refitting the factory sensors. There should be holes for the sensors a couple to the left of the number plate and a couple of inches to the right of the number plate and just above the indicators.

as above they must have changed that part for the wrong type
My bumper is like this one http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5...r-view.jpg but with two holes fro the sensors in it. Cant the be in the lower grill?
If yours is 2012 or below I can only see the bumpers with two sensors at the front. I would have thought though that drilling two extra holes for the 2 spare sensor would be reasonably straight forward.
After a few digs trough the cables I have found this one hanging from one of the cables for the sensors. Anyone knows where this one goes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

On the preface model, you have two physical holes in the bumper and the two sensors in the middle are located in the grill. I've screenshot a photo I have of my car and the sensor in the grill. If you need me to get a better pic let me know. That plastic you have may be the bit which clips into the grill, I say may as I'm not sure, but with it saying RH Inner I'd say it's a solid guess

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Because I'm feeling especially helpful, here's photos on either side I've just taken

Left hand side (as you look at the car)

Right hand side (as you look at the car)

Excellent. Can I ask for full front picture to see the grill as I dont have those caps that are shown in the last picture, and this makes me think I'm missing some parts
I saw those in some of the pictures I looked at but because they weren't close ups they just looked like fixing screws lol.
I was LOL also. Missing the whole fitting kit for both sides I have only the one thing
I'm being lazy so I've zoomed and screenshot a photo of mine for you. Hopefully it's clear enough.

Perfect. Spoke with the dealer and they found those 4 plastic mounts for me. They were kind a shocked that those are missing
Glad you for it sorted mate.

Sorted nope. Sick. The parts arrived after 12days. But again no luck, the inner could not go anywhere, the outer also. The sensor fits perfectcly in both. Tried almost everything and couldnt fix it to its right place. Dont know as now I have (think at least) all parts but no. If any one has some info on how those should be fited please share
What do you mean couldn't go anywhere?

Those morrons have sent me wrong parts. They have sent me two brackets for the inner mounts, two brackets again for the outer ones(those that are fitted in the bumper and colour coded) they havent sent me the ones that are from the outside of grill. And even then the brackets one that I have pictured above it doesnt seems to fit anywhere in the grill.

They have sent me 16 and 17 which are the inner brackets for all of the sensors. Now I have to find outer ones. But as per them only thise parts appeared for my car by number

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The ones on the grills are moulded as part of the grill.

17 & 20 are what you bond to the bumper (a body shop will have the right stuff to bond them in place).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
There you go then. You might need a new grill

here's a link for you.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-Vauxha...SwWTRW1GiA
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car unlocked and front windows half down. Multiskilled 4 2,951 3:rd-Jan-2020, 18:06:58
Last Post: Multiskilled
  Electric Parking Brake andybrody 12 7,471 5:th-Jul-2019, 17:44:36
Last Post: niteram
  Radar Sensor Cabling kebibg 0 3,601 16:th-Apr-2019, 07:27:39
Last Post: kebibg
  Parking Sensor Display Vx-Mad-G 14 9,269 29:th-Mar-2018, 16:49:42
Last Post: zzattack
  front wiper wojtaas_pl 1 2,931 22:nd-Sep-2017, 07:28:07
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Parking sensors Aks72 0 2,886 21:st-May-2017, 00:33:35
Last Post: Aks72
  Washer Motor stopped (front & rear) neilll 3 5,655 6:th-Dec-2016, 14:03:31