Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
clean throttle map cdti body valve sensor and 2 egr

2.0 CDTI, EGR VALVE, MAP SENSOR AND THROTTLE BODY CLEAN
(26:th-May-2017, 20:20:03)eatmybogbrush Wrote: Hi This is a great tutorial, will have a go at this in the week, made a massive difference to my H, I was going to blank off the EGR on the BiTurbo but have read it will cause problems, do I wait and do it when I get the DPF gutted and mapped out and get EGR mapped out too?

It’s on 23,000 miles what do you recommend doing and what problems do they suffer, I've had the 2009 SRi XP 1.9 H for 6 years and has only problem was bearing whine last year, but got all the bearing replaced before any damage set in, lucky and just missed the DPF so no problems there, EGR was blanked off at 36,000 and done a similar clean and the gunk in the throttle end was just crazy.

Hi to all new here and always find forums a great source of help.

Steve.

It does help giving them a good clean.

Most people only advise gutting the DPF if you have issues with it.

I would hold fire on the DPF gut as new laws are coming out to test the DPF in an MOT.

There could be a way around it, get a spare ECU programmed and then mapped and a spare DPF this way way you can restore the car back to standard for MOT's etc.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2.0 CDTI, EGR VALVE, MAP SENSOR AND THROTTLE BODY CLEAN - by Rusty2009 - 27:th-May-2017, 07:10:35

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
Rusty2009 (1:st-Jan-2024, 10:22:59), pr0xibus (8:th-Feb-2024, 07:42:30), Farkask14 (6:th-Nov-2023, 20:32:52)