Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
window chrome switch

Window switch chrome
Thoughts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAINLESS-STEE...6016.l4276
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
There are loads of chrome trims around. I've seen switch surrounds, radio surrounds and even cup holder surrounds. I suppose it's all personal preference.
Yeah I've seen most them not seen the above until today tho, most are on aliexpress.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
they dont look bad at all as there not in your face i like them
but not a fan of all the other stuff that is around
That's quite nice! Is it a hard/expensive job to change rear windows to electric?

I like them as they'll match the vxr,sport and epb buttons. But I only need 3.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(5:th-May-2015, 19:36:00)Tonto Wrote: That's quite nice! Is it a hard/expensive job to change rear windows to electric?

Not too bad just the cost involved in getting all the parts.

(5:th-May-2015, 19:37:33)cornishtaz Wrote: I like them as they'll match the vxr,sport and epb buttons. But I only need 3.

They also do them for the steering wheel switches,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EDELSTAHL-BLEN...5d582ece0d
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
i may get the window switch ones
(5:th-May-2015, 20:27:08)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(5:th-May-2015, 19:36:00)Tonto Wrote: That's quite nice! Is it a hard/expensive job to change rear windows to electric?

Not too bad just the cost involved in getting all the parts.

Is there a thread for how to do it and all pets needed?

There is some info here http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Manu...conversion and there is also another link to another thread in there.

I was gonna do this for Lewis but swapped cars so a how-tos not been done yet.

You will need to request a VCI also once it's all fitted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ah right damn vci codes lol. Will work out costs and see if it's something I can afford lol. Thanks mate

I have got a set which i havent used yet. I would'nt get them to be honest as they look cheap and have a small piece of double sided tape to stick them down. They will come off easily.

(5:th-May-2015, 20:29:31)tucpal Wrote: i may get the window switch ones

I was on about the window switch ones.
Waste of time. Can you send a picture of them if you like
(25:th-Jul-2015, 15:48:54)HM11ESH Wrote: I have got a set which i havent used yet.  I would'nt get them to be honest as they look cheap and have a small piece of double sided tape to stick them down.  They will come off easily.

(5:th-May-2015, 20:29:31)tucpal Wrote: i may get the window switch ones
Would be nice to here from you if you do
I was going to get some of the window ones, might not bother now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is how they look

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

They don't look too bad are the plastic or metal
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They are actually aluminium.

You can buy the set off me if you still want.

PM me if interested
They should stick with the 3m but you will have to use cleaning wipes to get them clean and free of any dirt or cleaning product residue
Got the trims off HM11ESH and fitted them this evening, I'm actually quite surprised they look really good not quite as shiny as the chtome on the other switches.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That actually looks decent. Better than what I thought.

I had them sent to me in error so didnt bother putting them on.

Glad you liked them

(29:th-Jul-2015, 20:51:17)cornishtaz Wrote: Got the trims off HM11ESH and fitted them this evening, I'm actually quite surprised they look really good not quite as shiny as the chtome on the other switches.

They look really good deffo going to get a set now.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Agreed they look good
They do look good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anyone got a link to these on eBay? Original AD has ended...

Thanks

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-styli...98319.html
Thanks! Bloody cheap that too ain't it! Will order a set now only need 4 aswell so will have a few spare.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electric passenger window not working Harposaurus 2 2,871 30:th-Sep-2020, 19:29:35
Last Post: Harposaurus
  Electric Window intermittent problem Stanhope 3 3,593 21:st-Mar-2019, 14:35:49
Last Post: Stanhope
  GTC water collects under rear window Canasta 2 3,740 30:th-Oct-2018, 22:23:04
Last Post: marky79
  Help-2012 Astra J S model rear window demister button problem irishastraowner 14 11,693 26:th-Sep-2018, 23:50:59
Last Post: everson38
  Rear window Mspencer 3 3,343 10:th-Jul-2018, 03:58:40
Last Post: Mspencer
  HELP! Electric to Manual Window Conversion? Jake 13 6,441 10:th-Apr-2018, 20:26:44
Last Post: Jake
  Window tint Mspencer 4 3,616 22:nd-Sep-2017, 15:47:52
Last Post: mw2299
  Turn Signals and Wiper Stalk Switch Doraemon02 1 2,896 1:st-Apr-2017, 07:20:23
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Window Tint Price sheppy1 9 5,918 2:nd-Oct-2016, 14:58:52
Last Post: Tonto
  Painting Chrome bruce_19 5 5,116 15:th-Mar-2016, 09:44:01
Last Post: bruce_19