Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to window manual help conversion? electric

HELP! Electric to Manual Window Conversion?
Hi guys, after a bit of advice!

I’ve had to replace the whole OSR door on my J, however the newer one comes with electric windows whereas mine were originally manually operated. Is this easy to put back to manual? I dont want to spend extra making the electric work for one side! Is it a straight swap from the old door to new one? 

Many thanks!
Yes it's very easy to do a couple of bolts and releasing the glass ring with a screwdriver. make sure you swap the loom over also.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thank you! Does the window mechanism have pop rivets? If so, what size does it use do you know?
No it’s bolts no rivets .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thank you! ?
Your welcome.

If you get stuck just holla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi there, really struggling to get the manual window winder off to change the door cards! Can anybody help? Have tried pulling and pulling but nothing, tried the rag trick but still no joy, doesnt even appear to be a clip on there?
I have struggled myself with these it's just a case of persevering I'm afraid
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Got it in the end!! Another question, sorry to keep asking but i want to get it right!

Does anyboy have a howto on removing the window regulator for both manual and electric windows? I’m not able to connect the electric one up and operate the mechanism though!

Struggling to find the “glass ring” that somebody mentioned before xD
https://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/as...placement/

(9:th-Apr-2018, 07:12:17)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: https://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/as...placement/

How can i do that without adjusting the window? As the mechanism ok the electric ones cant be operated!
If it were me I would smash the window on the electric one then swap manual reg and glass to replacement door, severe I know but it may help with getting regulator out.
power the motor to lower the window, just a couple of wires and a battery required
Still no joy. The links someone posted mean nothing to me and dont work on my phone!! Anyone??

Also having trouble getting the door handles to go back onto the door, get it all lined up and start to tighten the screw, yet nothing.

I’m about ready to set fire to this car for the insurance money!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tesla Touchscreen Conversion JYewman 0 1,267 12:th-Feb-2021, 17:54:39
Last Post: JYewman
  Astra J workshop manual Euroshopper 1 1,964 9:th-Jan-2021, 08:09:36
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Electric passenger window not working Harposaurus 2 2,868 30:th-Sep-2020, 19:29:35
Last Post: Harposaurus
  Electric Window intermittent problem Stanhope 3 3,587 21:st-Mar-2019, 14:35:49
Last Post: Stanhope
  electric rear windows marky79 5 4,061 11:th-Jan-2019, 09:04:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  GTC water collects under rear window Canasta 2 3,737 30:th-Oct-2018, 22:23:04
Last Post: marky79
  Help-2012 Astra J S model rear window demister button problem irishastraowner 14 11,675 26:th-Sep-2018, 23:50:59
Last Post: everson38
Rear electric windows & front fogs problems... Griifter 18 7,412 30:th-Aug-2018, 20:01:30
Last Post: Griifter
  Rear window Mspencer 3 3,335 10:th-Jul-2018, 03:58:40
Last Post: Mspencer
electric connections kipper 4 3,398 21:st-Dec-2017, 10:40:27
Last Post: kipper