Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to remove vent air trim how

How to remove air vent trim

How to remove air vent trim

So start by getting a trim in the bottom and then slide it across.

Now with a slight rocking of the trim tool the fascia will start to pop off work you way along the bottom then up the right side and stop by the top.

Move the trim tool to the left side and again using a rocking motion the fascia will pop off

On re fitting you must start at the top as you place it in there will be a slight gap, all you do is then push upwards and the top will click in then then do each side then the bottom.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
excellent how to and well done.
Thank you! AGAIN!!!
No problem
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
good tut mate
just be real careful they are brittle
but this is well worth doing if you are going for a color change on the trim.

I cant get it off
I tried with 3 different tools and always i get under the trim but then i go under the black plastic...
Any pointers?!
Thanks!
Only real pointer is not to stick in too far and you need to have a slight angle.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yeah not many tips to give! Just gotta use a thin tool and make sure you don't prise it too hard as I managed to break a bunch of clips when I did it

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Thanks,
tried again and managed - final tool Bacho knife
Hi guys I'm a newbie so please be patient I wanna carbon wrap all the chrome in my astra any help would go along way thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How-to Remove Airbag Steering Wheel & Buttons Rusty2009 49 45,250 9:th-Sep-2020, 00:40:49
Last Post: M222RJF
  How-to remove Instrument Cluster (IPC) Rusty2009 24 39,999 23:rd-Jul-2020, 11:21:25
Last Post: scrooge
help with interior A trim removal passenger pillar astra j stestrange82 3 6,901 20:th-Feb-2019, 13:45:22
Last Post: Rusty2009
  How to remove the center console & EPB switch tucpal 11 24,247 4:th-Feb-2019, 02:38:22
Last Post: DikoAJ
  How-to Remove Sun visors Rusty2009 10 20,064 25:th-Aug-2018, 21:40:03
Last Post: sheppy1
  How to remove door cards Rusty2009 112 82,940 9:th-Aug-2018, 09:57:13
Last Post: DNT
  Howto remove glove box & Replace Pollen Cabin filter tucpal 43 47,447 18:th-Apr-2017, 05:33:21
Last Post: iphoneservice
  How to stop Interior Trim Rattles from Passenger side area Astra J. tucpal 9 20,421 3:rd-May-2015, 17:42:49
Last Post: tucpal
  How-to Remove Door Trim Rusty2009 1 10,193 15:th-Mar-2015, 13:31:07
Last Post: tucpal