Switch to desktop version  
M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: ICE (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=95)
+--- Thread: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info (/showthread.php?tid=2128)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Amir Khezri - 10:th-May-2016

(10:th-May-2016, 18:13:12)Tonto Wrote: Oh I'm not sure then mate, why unit is that for?

Without pulling it out I can't remember properly mate, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its alright mate thanks for the try anyway. Did you had a CD400\CD300 model in your car before you replaced it whit the Android device or did you had a CD500 model radio in your car?

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 11:th-May-2016

This thread comes up blank in Tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

OK fixed. Must have been between pages or something ?

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tonto - 11:th-May-2016

(10:th-May-2016, 21:43:53)Amir Khezri Wrote:
(10:th-May-2016, 18:13:12)Tonto Wrote: Oh I'm not sure then mate, why unit is that for?

Its alright mate thanks for the try anyway. Did you had a CD400\CD300 model in your car before you replaced it whit the Android device or did you had a CD500 model radio in your car?

I had the cd400 mate. Everything was a simple swap over! Every plug had a place to go in new unit.

@marcus strange that, maybe because Rusty is updating forum??

(11:th-May-2016, 09:59:40)Tonto Wrote:
(10:th-May-2016, 21:43:53)Amir Khezri Wrote:

I had the cd400 mate. Everything was a simple swap over! Every plug had a place to go in new unit.

Could be Tapatalk itself, every other release is buggy. Back on point, h
ave we established which wiring harness that is.... The one with the purple wire?

@marcus I'm not sure, maybe it does exactly the same but without a ground wire?

I'm thinking that it might be for the C072?

Ah possibly, I've not actually seen the wiring for that unit!

(11:th-May-2016, 10:19:34)Tonto Wrote: Ah possibly, I've not actually seen the wiring for that unit!

I checked out that link to aliexpress and the unit isn't quite the same as the M072 (different model) It has some subtle differences like Android 4.4.2 vs. 4.4.4.

Ah right ok, hmm well I'm lost then haha

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Amir Khezri - 11:th-May-2016

(11:th-May-2016, 10:05:23)marcus Wrote:
(11:th-May-2016, 09:59:40)Tonto Wrote:
(10:th-May-2016, 21:43:53)Amir Khezri Wrote:

Could be Tapatalk itself,  every other release is buggy. Back on point, h
ave we established which wiring harness that is.... The one with the purple wire?

Hi Tonto, 

Well thats the whole point I don't know exact what the purple wire on my connector, but I know that that connector powers up my console. I think that there must be somewere another wiring diagram for powering up the console of CD400 unit comparing whit a CD500 unit. I believe that if console powers up that the functions work proper because there rest of the functions are working proper. My steering wheel functions, my other sensors like door sensor, park sensor, dimming the lights etc are working. 

I think by my self that my connector:

Need the black GRN wire (see the arrows). I believe (but not for sure) that the CD400 console didn't power up by the screen comparing whit the CD500 model. Unfortunately i can't find anywere a wiring diagram of a CD500 unit so that I can compare it whit mine, so by now im just guessing about the black wire. And to be honest didn't want to try something before otherwise I wont get any refund for the radio and have two more weeks to decide what to do whit it. In the meanwhile i've contacted Seicane also and they said that this model:
http://www.seicane.com/seicane-s127882-16g-android-gps-dvd-in-dash-radio-system-for-2010-2013-opel-astra-with-mirror-link-obd2-3g-wifi-bluetooth-backup-camera-hd-1024-600-multi-touch-capacitive-screen-s127882
will be fitting in my car and will be complere compatibe whit my model radio. But it's the same model like I have bought:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Android-4-4-Two-Din-Car-DVD-For-Opel-Astra-J-Auto-Radio-RDS-GPS-Navi/32317249594.html

Like I said there must be only other wiring diagram because the CANBUS that they use is like the same what they use for a CD400 or a CD300 model. Like the one what you have. So I hope I can make it work whit my model and don't wanna spend $$ at the dealer because they have always special prices for this kind of requests hehehe :-). 

Cheers

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - CraigSRi - 14:th-May-2016

Well took me a lot longer than it should have but I finally got mine installed.
Didn't get the amp+wiring installed due to needing to plan out how all the wiring will fit behind the unit 

Anyway can any of you guys who already have this unit tell me how to change the language please? My unit turned up with what I think is Russian language installed.
The supplied booklet is worse than useless and gives no clues at all on how to fix this problem.

Oh and google didn't throw up any useful info either :(

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 14:th-May-2016

Cool. Go into Android settings, (cog), then scroll down until you see the language icon. "A". Select that and then the first menu selection is a drop down menu for language.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - CraigSRi - 14:th-May-2016

(14:th-May-2016, 21:07:04)marcus Wrote: Cool. Go into Android settings, (cog),  then scroll down until you see the language icon. "A". Select that and then the first menu selection is a drop down menu for language.

Thanks so much
I had been on that menu a few times and not found what I was looking for haha

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 15:th-May-2016

I had my phone with me so used that as a guide. Don't work if you have an iPhone though.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - CraigSRi - 15:th-May-2016

(15:th-May-2016, 07:05:21)marcus Wrote: I had my phone with me so used that as a guide. Don't work if you have an iPhone though.

Worked a treat thanks
Have to say after a lot of messing around with sound settings I'm impressed with the sound quality, even through the factory speakers.
Can't wait to get the amp and new speakers in and see what is possible with this unit
Oh and still don't have front and rear cameras as yet lol

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 15:th-May-2016

(15:th-May-2016, 17:02:24)CraigSRi Wrote:
(15:th-May-2016, 07:05:21)marcus Wrote: I had my phone with me so used that as a guide. Don't work if you have an iPhone though.

Worked a treat thanks
Have to say after a lot of messing around with sound settings I'm impressed with the sound quality, even through the factory speakers.
Can't wait to get the amp and new speakers in and see what is possible with this unit
Oh and still don't have front and rear cameras as yet lol
Glad to hear you got sorted. It really is a good piece of kit. I have no complaints. Enjoy

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - popeye2755 - 18:th-May-2016

Hi Guys, is there a way of lowering the external speaker volume? The indicators are driving me nuts!

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Rymaan82 - 18:th-May-2016

Deleted. Sorry. Me being an idiot. :/

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 18:th-May-2016

(18:th-May-2016, 16:50:09)popeye2755 Wrote: Hi Guys, is there a way of lowering the external speaker volume? The indicators are driving me nuts!
Can't say I have seen it. Unplug it?

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tonto - 18:th-May-2016

There is a chime volume option. Can check later for you if needs be

Finally got mine after 3 weeks of waiting :/. Also finally fitted it tonight as well, so thanks to @sheppy1, @Tonto for your advice etc.

Still yet to properly go through the unit, but how do I get it to correctly display the windows on the correct side. At the moment if my drivers window is open it thinks the passenger window is open and vice versa. Also the heated seat control display is displayed the wrong way round as well. Ive changed the unit to right hand drive using the special dial code but that hasnt done anything with regards to those on screen display functions.

Any info appreciated.

(18:th-May-2016, 19:52:28)Rymaan82 Wrote: Finally got mine after 3 weeks of waiting :/. Also finally fitted it tonight as well, so thanks to @sheppy1, @Tonto for your advice etc.

Still yet to properly go through the unit, but how do I get it to correctly display the windows on the correct side. At the moment if my drivers window is open it thinks the passenger window is open and vice versa. Also the heated seat control display is displayed the wrong way round as well. Ive changed the unit to right hand drive using the special dial code but that hasnt done anything with regards to those on screen display functions.

Any info appreciated.

Ignore it, sorted it. 

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - popeye2755 - 19:th-May-2016

(18:th-May-2016, 18:48:15)Tonto Wrote: There is a chime volume option. Can check later for you if needs be

Thanks Tonto, managed to find the chime volume.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 19:th-May-2016

(18:th-May-2016, 23:10:13)Rymaan82 Wrote:
(18:th-May-2016, 19:52:28)Rymaan82 Wrote: Finally got mine after 3 weeks of waiting :/. Also finally fitted it tonight as well, so thanks to @sheppy1, @Tonto for your advice etc.

Any info appreciated.

Ignore it, sorted it. 
Good stuff. Enjoy, it's a good bit of kit.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Rymaan82 - 20:th-May-2016

Can I just check with everyone else who has this unit, is it me or is the internal storage for apps really low?
I've ran out out of space already after installing 4 or 5 apps. My internal storage is listed a gig, but there is around
14gig for the NAND flash of which I dont think you can use for app installations.. I will be installing an SD card at
some point but just wanted to check this was the norm.

Thanks

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 20:th-May-2016

(20:th-May-2016, 08:07:39)Rymaan82 Wrote: Can I just check with everyone else who has this unit, is it me or is the internal storage for apps really low?
I've ran out out of space already after installing 4 or 5 apps. My internal storage is listed a gig, but there is around
14gig for the NAND flash of which I dont think you can use for app installations.. I will be installing an SD card at

Thanks
Yes it is a little tight and silly really. If you install the custom kotix rom, it ups it to 2gig (think there is a 4/8 gig option as well.. Sheppy can confirm)

Other benefits of the kotix rom are some new skins and better app compatibility with the Google store. I use Spotify and Google nav downloaded from the app store. I couldn't do that previously and had to sideload the APKs.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Rymaan82 - 20:th-May-2016

(20:th-May-2016, 08:11:22)marcus Wrote:
(20:th-May-2016, 08:07:39)Rymaan82 Wrote: Can I just check with everyone else who has this unit, is it me or is the internal storage for apps really low?

Thanks
Yes it is a little tight and silly really. If you install the custom kotix rom,  it ups it to 2gig (think there is a 4/8 gig option as well.. Sheppy can confirm)

Other benefits of the kotix rom are some new skins and better app compatibility with the Google store. I use Spotify and Google nav downloaded from the app store. I couldn't do that previously and had to sideload the APKs.

Yeah I thought that. Funny you should mention the Kotix rom as I was looking at that before I even installed the unit. Good
to know someone has installed the rom on this unit. I think I have a newer firmware on mine as its dated 30th April and the
update sheppy talked about and the one posted on the roadnav forum is 16th April so maybe the play store stuff was sorted
in that release.

Anyway I may have to wait til payday to get the rom as it works out about 15 quid to buy from what I was looking at. But I guess
you had no issues applying it to the unit?

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 20:th-May-2016

(20:th-May-2016, 10:08:43)Rymaan82 Wrote:
(20:th-May-2016, 08:11:22)marcus Wrote:

Thanks
Yes it is a little tight and silly really. If you install the custom kotix rom,  it ups it to 2gig (think there is a 4/8 gig option as well.. Sheppy can confirm)

Yeah I thought that. Funny you should mention the Kotix rom as I was looking at that before I even installed the unit. Good
to know someone has installed the rom on this unit. I think I have a newer firmware on mine as its dated 30th April and the
update sheppy talked about and the one posted on the roadnav forum is 16th April so maybe the play store stuff was sorted
in that release.

Anyway I may have to wait til payday to get the rom as it works out about 15 quid to buy from what I was looking at. But I guess
you had no issues applying it to the unit?
Easy to install, unpack the RAR file onto a SD card and put it into the GPS slot. Power up and it installs.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 20:th-May-2016

Contact me if you'd like the kotix ROM...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - cosmo black - 21:st-May-2016

Guten Abend Jungs wollte Ihnen sagen, dass ich mich endlich diese s160 gekauft, und ich werde in 15 Tagen ankommen.
Ich wollte Ihnen eine Frage stelle ich die CD400 mit Aux-Eingang haben und den ich im Internet usb Eingang gekauft, durchstochen ich das Armaturenbrett mit dremmel und jetzt habe ich sowohl USB und Aux.
Ich wollte wissen, wie ich das USB-Autoradio Auto-Serie S160 herstellen kann?
Der S160 verfügt über einen Adapter?

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - JonathanLondon - 22:nd-May-2016

(21:st-May-2016, 20:20:58)cosmo black Wrote: Guten Abend Jungs wollte Ihnen sagen, dass ich mich endlich diese s160 gekauft, und ich werde in 15 Tagen ankommen.
Ich wollte Ihnen eine Frage stelle ich die CD400 mit Aux-Eingang haben und den ich im Internet usb Eingang gekauft, durchstochen ich das Armaturenbrett mit dremmel und jetzt habe ich sowohl USB und Aux.

Which Herr Google translates as

Quote:Good evening guys wanted to tell you that I finally bought me this s160, and I will arrive in 15 days.
I wanted you I ask a question have the CD400 with aux input and I bought usb input in the Internet, I pierced the dashboard with dremmel and now I have both USB and Aux.
I wanted to know how I can make the USB Phone Car Series S160?
The S160 has an adapter?

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 22:nd-May-2016

(22:nd-May-2016, 11:01:17)JonathanLondon Wrote:
(21:st-May-2016, 20:20:58)cosmo black Wrote: Guten Abend Jungs wollte Ihnen sagen, dass ich mich endlich diese s160 gekauft, und ich werde in 15 Tagen ankommen.

Which Herr Google translates as

Quote:Good evening guys wanted to tell you that I finally bought me this s160, and I will arrive in 15 days.
I wanted you I ask a question have the CD400 with aux input and I bought usb input in the Internet, I pierced the dashboard with dremmel and now I have both USB and Aux.
I wanted to know how I can make the USB Phone Car Series S160?
The S160 has an adapter?
Yes the S160 will support the usb port you installed. One of the connectors fits the factory type connector on the back of the usb port, the other is a normal usb cable.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - cosmo black - 22:nd-May-2016

Thanks now I'm more quiet ...
As for what aux I have to use the original wiring a car or getting a plug sticking out from the car s160?

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - JonathanLondon - 22:nd-May-2016

Hi

I have a similar question.  My Astra has a CD400 with a 3.5mm aux input jack on the dash (no USB).  Is there a 3.5mm input on the S160?  Looks like I need to replace it with a Vaux USB socket to do a neat job.

Is there any difference between the two USB sockets on the S160 apart from the fact that one is on a 4-pin connector which connects to a Vauxhall USB socket, and one is a standard socket.  Do they perform different functions?

As well as the lighter socket, I would like an additional USB socket for charging devices.  It looks like I might be able to add another Vaux USB socket to the other side, but perhaps I'd be better off buying a dash mount USB charger like one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pc-Dual-Double-USB-Car-Charger-Socket-Outlet-3-1A-Panel-Mount-Jack-Motorcycle-/321651820309 and connect it to the existing lighter socket.

In which case, should I run a fly lead from the USB socket on the back of the S160 to the glove box as a handy extra?

Thanks,
Jonathan

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 22:nd-May-2016

Point 1. I can't say I have tried the aux in since I put the unit in a few months ago. Will try it out for you tomorrow if I remember to take a cable along with me.
Point 2. Functionally the 2 usbs are the same just with different connectors.
Point 3. No idea about this.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - stigeye - 22:nd-May-2016

I would be more inclined to run the usb charger and any extra usb cables through to the centre console armrest storage or cup holder drawer as it is more accessible than the glovebox.

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tonto - 22:nd-May-2016

For extra usb's I removed the rear 12v socket and replaced it with a dual usb socket.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 23:rd-May-2016

(22:nd-May-2016, 21:48:04)Tonto Wrote: For extra usb's I removed the rear 12v socket and replaced it with a dual usb socket.

I like that. Big job or straight forward to do? Got a link to the usb port?

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tonto - 23:rd-May-2016

Straight forward really! I took off the rear trim and snipped the cig lighter wires and took it out. The spliced the new wires from usb socket into existing wires.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252250761855

(23:rd-May-2016, 07:26:11)Tonto Wrote: Straight forward really! I took off the rear trim and snipped the cig lighter wires and took it out. The spliced the new wires from usb socket into existing wires.

Thanks mate. That looks pretty useful. You don't by any chance have a pic of it fitted?

(23:rd-May-2016, 09:01:16)marcus Wrote:
(23:rd-May-2016, 07:26:11)Tonto Wrote: Straight forward really! I took off the rear trim and snipped the cig lighter wires and took it out. The spliced the new wires from usb socket into existing wires.

Thanks mate. That looks pretty useful. You don't by any chance have a pic of it fitted?

(23:rd-May-2016, 09:44:14)Tonto Wrote:
(23:rd-May-2016, 09:01:16)marcus Wrote:

Very nice, I like that. Cheers

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - JonathanLondon - 23:rd-May-2016

(22:nd-May-2016, 21:48:04)Tonto Wrote: For extra usb's I removed the rear 12v socket and replaced it with a dual usb socket.

Hi

A tight-fisted Vauxhall didn't provide a rear lighter socket on a 14-reg Elite :(

They also didn't provide a TPMS, although I understand it became a legal requirement later in 2014.  I was planning on getting one which replaces the tyre valve caps, and plugs in to the lighter socket.  Which is why I would like a couple of USB charging sockets in the front console.

Thanks
Jonathan.

(22:nd-May-2016, 21:41:31)marcus Wrote: Point 1. I can't say I have tried the aux in since I put the unit in a few months ago. Will try it out for you tomorrow if I remember to take a cable along with me.
Point 2. Functionally the 2 usbs are the same just with different connectors.
Point 3. No idea about this.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
this is the usb connector for the factory one. this is the second usb connector. Boggo standard one.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - tucpal - 23:rd-May-2016

I like the usb socket but I have 3 wires on my sig socket shame they look nice I will have to look about for some as I have 3 lighter sockets on the insignia

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - jamesdwong - 23:rd-May-2016

Any info appreciated.

How did you manage to fix this? I'm having the same issue, have tried changing to right hand drive but the setting never stays saved. Any help would be great, thanks.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 23:rd-May-2016

(23:rd-May-2016, 19:50:52)jamesdwong Wrote:

Any info appreciated.

How did you manage to fix this? I'm having the same issue, have tried changing to right hand drive but the setting never stays saved. Any help would be great, thanks.
Go to the phone app, type this ##0323 then hit dial. You'll get a secret menu and one of the options there is light right hand or left hand drive. That fixes it if you change it to be what it should be

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

[/quote]
Go to the phone app, type this ##0323 then hit dial. You'll get a secret menu and one of the options there is light right hand or left hand drive. That fixes it if you change it to be what it should be

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
[/quote]

This doesn't let you change the windows to correct sides.. I think it will need its own individual code you can type in.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Rymaan82 - 23:rd-May-2016

I think changing to right hand drive as sheppy has pointed out I think sorted it out for me. But the unit has to be fully powered off (key out of ignition for 10 mins) and back on for settings to take effect I think..

@Tonto
Nice idea with the rear cig lighter, another one to add to my mod list. ?

(23:rd-May-2016, 21:51:21)Rymaan82 Wrote: I think changing to right hand drive as sheppy has pointed out I think sorted it out for me. But the unit has to be fully powered off (key out of ignition for 10 mins) and back on for settings to take effect I think..

@Tonto
Nice idea with the rear cig lighter, another one to add to my mod list. ?

Ah right ok, well I've just done it so will check in the morning and see if it has worked!

Hehe thanks, I have the dash cam wired into a cig lighter in glovebox so added dual usb to rear and then still have standard cig lighter in front!