Switch to desktop version  
M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: ICE (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=95)
+--- Thread: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info (/showthread.php?tid=2128)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - CraigSRi - 8:th-Jun-2016

No reply from Icebox as yet so can't provide any further info sorry. have emailed him again to find out though

Looking at that aerial I wonder if I even want that ugly thing on my car...

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 8:th-Jun-2016

(8:th-Jun-2016, 15:44:27)CraigSRi Wrote: No reply from Icebox as yet so can't provide any further info sorry. have emailed him again to find out though

What info is it you need? He was mailing me loads earlier

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - CraigSRi - 8:th-Jun-2016

(8:th-Jun-2016, 17:52:56)sheppy1 Wrote:
(8:th-Jun-2016, 15:44:27)CraigSRi Wrote: No reply from Icebox as yet so can't provide any further info sorry. have emailed him again to find out though

What info is it you need? He was mailing me loads earlier

My current aerial doesn't work so I asked him if this unit came with one, also which of the units listed would they be providing.
Also would this actually enable the FM radio that's on the head unit or does it work with DAB only.

Just wanted to be sure I knew exactly what I would be getting

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - xtech - 8:th-Jun-2016

My friends,

i've just finished another work on the infotainment/connectivity side: just added 3 usb ports.

My car hadn't got the USB front connection, so after fitting the M072 i decided to install it. You can see the plastic a bit "ill cut"  . But it works nicely!

At the back, i've replaced the lighter by two USB ports. Here are the pics:

Next to come: led DRLs, but that doesn't belong to this topic.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 8:th-Jun-2016

Nice work mate.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 10:th-Jun-2016

Apparently the antenna will easily fit I'm a glove box and will still work fine [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] I'm gonna stash mine behind the glove box

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Rymaan82 - 10:th-Jun-2016

@sheppy1

Look forward to hearing your test results!   Ill be hounding you now doubt when you do get it.

Hehe happy to be pestered! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - CraigSRi - 10:th-Jun-2016

I got my reply from him, unfortunately he's away on holiday and by the time he's back I will be in the process of a house move so no idea when I will have mine delivered, let alone fitted.
I'll be watching for your findings with interest Sheppy

Oh while I remember, I was fiddling around with some settings today and seem to have lost the ability to alter the volume.
I know I didn't alter the internal/external amp settings so figured it's the canbus adaptor setting I must have changed.
Can anyone tell me what it should be? I tried GMC but that didn't work so I'm at a loss.

Well it will be at least a month till I get mine. He's said to message him on 21st to remind him to send it bit I'm away for 2 weeks myself so I won't be getting it till mid July or so...

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tonto - 11:th-Jun-2016

My current annoyances are

Bluetooth randomly won't pair or connect

The radio station keep deleting the saved ones

The head unit sometimes says there is no playlist (I have sd card in)
I'm sure there was another...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 11:th-Jun-2016

(11:th-Jun-2016, 06:48:54)Tonto Wrote: My current annoyances are

Bluetooth randomly won't pair or connect

The radio station keep deleting the saved ones

The head unit sometimes says there is no playlist (I have sd card in)
I'm sure there was another...

I have similar issues. My bluetooth pairing seems to have got better or I am just aware of it atm. It paired fine for about 10 days on the trot before it stopped auto pairing.

I don't have any issues saving stations (I. E dragging the mhz reading to one of the 6 preset boxes) but I do find the RDS a bit shite. It will switch frequencies on is own to track the station but if I Park underground at work it will lose the signal and then it won't switch back to the station on its own. Saving the station names only lasts until the next reboot which is absolutely pointless.

Yes I sometimes get the no playlist issue as well. It's a weird one, sometimes it appears and will do nothing, sometimes it just starts a random mix. I've even had the message and then it carries on where it left off. Very random behaviour indeed.

I can live with the above though.

300 quid well spent.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Pabzyyy - 11:th-Jun-2016

Have any of you tried the airplay features. Was playing around with it last night, and was blown away with the wireless screen mirroring (showing whatever is happening on the phone/ipad screen in real time)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 11:th-Jun-2016

I've tried the Android screen mirroring with my phone. Absolutely useless because of the lag. At last a reason to buy an Iphone..

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - JonathanLondon - 12:th-Jun-2016

Some advice please.

My S160 should be with me shortly.  Previously, I was planning to add extra USB power outlets to the centre console next to the lighter socket, and use the lighter socket for an add-on TPMS.

Now I am rethinking.  I am looking at a Steelmate TP-05e TPMS which sits between the reverse camera and the headunit, and displays on the head unit when the ignition is first turned on, and if there's a problem with the tyres.

I'd feel more comfortable if the camera could be hard-wired rather than wireless.  The TPMS instructions say it shouldn't be mounted close to the head unit.  Possibly to ensure it gets good reception from all four wheels.

I haven't taken the car apart yet, but I am wondering if there is enough space to mount the TPMS module in the back of the centre console (where the rear lighter socket goes in some models, but not mine).

If so, I've a couple more questions.  Is there a switched (ACC) 12V supply nearby I could use for the TPMS?  Would the connection for the rear passenger lighter socket be there, even though the socket isn't?

Second, how easy would it be to route a cable from the reverse camera to the rear of the centre console.

Finally, the videos I've seen for removing the centre console, all show manual transmissions.  Is the auto any different?

Thanks again, for your help.

Jonathan.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - stigeye - 12:th-Jun-2016

I think there's plenty of room next to the front fuse box if I remember correctly, when I took the glove box off so that I could thread my dab/ fm aerials through to the head unit I left them laying between the fuse box and head unit for a couple of days before it was connected.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - JonathanLondon - 13:th-Jun-2016

(12:th-Jun-2016, 00:38:05)stigeye Wrote: I think there's plenty of room next to the front fuse box if I remember correctly, when I took the glove box off so that I could thread my dab/ fm aerials through to the head unit I left them laying between the fuse box and head unit for a couple of days before it was connected.

Thanks.  Still interested to know if I could mount it in the back of the centre console, as it is then away from electrical "noise" and equal distance to all wheels.

I know I am repeating myself, but is there a switched (ACC) 12V supply in the centre console?  I've got a 20A fuse in glovebox fuse box slot 7.  I think I read there's a connector near the handbrake, even if you don't have the rear lighter socket.

And how easy is it to get a wired camera to the front.  I read about running it under the plastic trim that runs under the doors.  Can I get it across to the centre easily?  Or do I really need a wireless camera.

And my final (repeated - sorry!) plea... the videos I've seen for removing the centre console, all show manual transmissions.  Is the auto any different?

Grateful thanks for your advice.

Jonathan.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - stigeye - 13:th-Jun-2016

As far as I'm aware and if memory serves me correctly, the purple wire on the power socket on the dash is 12v switched ignition, my highway 300di is powered from that wire.

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tonto - 27:th-Jun-2016

Does anyone know how to change the start up screen for our own image?

Also I have installed the factory USB and plugged it all in but it only charges my phone and won't show up on the head unit.. Any help please.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 27:th-Jun-2016

Tonto, I think there is a config setting there somewhere to select the default image. I deleted the Opel image from the folder and only left the vauxhall one. Can't remember which folder though. I will check it out later if I get a chance.

The only app I have used to play anything from the usb port is ES Explorer. Not very elegant I'm afraid.

Sorry I meant where I could upload my own image to use. I am currently using the Holden image.

Ah bugger. I thought buying the factory USB would be good...

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 27:th-Jun-2016

There is a folder called wincacfg/logo. Copy your bitmap into it. Maybe delete the other ones.

USB was a bit of a let down for me as well. Doesn't worry me though as I just use a 32sd card.

Ah cool I'll have a look on my next day off! Yeah I'm never going to use them!

Yeah massive let down lol. However luckily I too have a 32gb sd card!

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - xtech - 1:st-Jul-2016

Well the factory USB should work with the S160. I've added it and when i put an usb stick there with mp3 it shows it on the unit. Are you sure your connections are ok?

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tonto - 1:st-Jul-2016

(1:st-Jul-2016, 09:17:45)xtech Wrote: Well the factory USB should work with the S160. I've added it and when i put an usb stick there with mp3 it shows it on the unit. Are you sure your connections are ok?

Sorry I meant with my iPhone. I haven't tried it with a USB stick as of yet!

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - mrtc - 1:st-Jul-2016

(8:th-Jun-2016, 11:41:37)sheppy1 Wrote: Rob said that he had some units in for testing and all he had to do was connect them to any usb port on the unit and upload an APK which comes with the unit and all worked fine!

He provided the below imagine of the interface though... He said and I agree that the UI isn't very good! Ha

Also here's a pic of the unit itself... Would have thought there would be more to it... Unless there's a module too? But I can't imagine you have to plug in a module and then the antenna into yet another usb port..

Not sure where you'd mount the thing either!

Also here's a link to the apk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p63j49s6qd0o60/DabPlayer-pad-201603310918.apk?dl=0

And a link to the manufacturer site with info on the module

http://www.witson.com/en/displayproduct.html?proID=102676214

Just seen this. Go knows how i missed it. Not that impressed tbh. Id want a roof aerial that incorporates dab, fm, gps in one aerial. So thats where it gets expencive. 135 quid for the proper dab receiver that isnt usb. Then you would need the roof aerial. Cant remember how much rusty said his new gps dab fm shark fin was but the normal looking gps dab one is 100 including adaptors cable etc.

Dab receiver, not 100% it will work on the s160
http://navallstore.com/Head-Units/Vauxhall/dab-android-dab-navall

Normal style GPS roof aerial

http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/Kinetic_DRA-6005_GPS_FM-AM_DAB_car_aerial.html

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - ronnie63 - 14:th-Jul-2016

Do any of you guys who have had these units for a while Sheppy Marcus etc fancy putting together in one post all the important bits of info like changing the language, left hand to right hand drive settings and any other related bits of info to save others trawling this long thread to get the bits of info they need?

Cheers Ronnie

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tonto - 20:th-Jul-2016

Ok so ever since Pokemon Go came out (probably coincidence) my sat nav has stopped working.. I try to locate gps and get the error code 6.. Anyone shed some light please?

Also now and again my songs jump and stutter as if it's an old cd and skipping... I'm using sd card..

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - mrtc - 20:th-Jul-2016

Is there a master reset

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tonto - 20:th-Jul-2016

I've tried the reset option..

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 20:th-Jul-2016

I've not had the GPS problem but every now and then I get a skip during a song. Also use the SD card. (32 gig)

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - cosmo black - 21:st-Jul-2016

someone can tell me how can I change the language of qiuadro instruments with the following S160 car stereo?
Because I made a aggiormaento in Opel to try to enable the keys sports and tours that failed and the language in the instrument cluster by Italian became english ..
Now how can I rimentterla Italian?

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 21:st-Jul-2016

Sorry I haven't got round to tidying up the original post etc. Been pretty busy revelry. I do plan on doing so sometime this weekend [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - cosmo black - 22:nd-Jul-2016

So excuse me for being able to change the language of the instrument panel have to disassemble and reassemble the old CD400 s160?
There is no way to change the language of the instrument panel by s160?

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 22:nd-Jul-2016

Cosmo, not really sure what you need to know here? Are you trying to change the S160 language from English back to Italian?

No s160 but the car's instrument panel ...

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Rusty2009 - 22:nd-Jul-2016

(22:nd-Jul-2016, 20:18:18)cosmo black Wrote: No s160 but the car's instrument panel ...

I'm guessing you mean the display panel between the Rev and speed clocks?

This photo in the display can not change the language

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/Duncan_McHaffie/IMG_5060_zpse397b321.jpg

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Rusty2009 - 23:rd-Jul-2016

(22:nd-Jul-2016, 23:57:11)cosmo black Wrote: This photo in the display can not change the language

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/Duncan_McHaffie/IMG_5060_zpse397b321.jpg

I'm guessing you had the language menu option there?

As that's the only way I know you can change that.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 23:rd-Jul-2016

I've updated the main post a little bit, added a user review, removed some info that wasn't required etc. Do people still feel the need for a description of the various different connectors? Also what else do folks want on the main post?

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tonto - 23:rd-Jul-2016

Xtech's review is in white writing and not visible mate.

Also I've just drove home and my head unit would not turn on, still getting chime noises etc. Getting frustrated now.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - ronnie63 - 24:th-Jul-2016

(23:rd-Jul-2016, 13:34:57)sheppy1 Wrote: I've updated the main post a little bit, added a user review, removed some info that wasn't required etc. Do people still feel the need for a description of the various different connectors? Also what else do folks want on the main post?

Cheers Sheppy will have a look, I guess just a summary of settings that we need, like the codes to change things? I'm sure there was one you keyed into the phone pad to get another menu? and all the other stuff related like wrong doors shown open etc!

Cheers Ronnie

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - DT36 - 24:th-Jul-2016

Quick question, Guys.
Fitted the M072 unit to my Astra GTC yesterday and am very impressed with it. However, factory USB and Audio Jack don't seem to be responding.

There was a USB cable in the box which I never used, as I thought the integrated harness would link into the old USB and Audio Jack. Interested to know how you guys got on.

Reverse camera also went in fine, but reverse wire on the GTC is Green/White, as opposed to Green/Yellow.

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tonto - 25:th-Jul-2016

Hello mate, good choice! For the factory USB you need to remove plug from back of the USB and six that's already there and then plug these two in and it will work, I fitted a factory USB and used the USB plug on harness and works fine.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - DT36 - 25:th-Jul-2016

Thank you, Tonto.  Will swap them cables over.
Used the unit this morning for the first time properly.  Built in Sat-Nav worked very well, but had issues with my radio signal which was basically non existent as soon as I left my home address. Will also have to see what's going on here.

Definitely looks much better than the old unit and the Bluetooth connection for music was very good and consistent.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tjholl90 - 1:st-Aug-2016

Hi All, firstly I would like to thank you all for your posts as they really helped when it came to installing this unit. I would still be stuck with the CD400 had I not found this page.
Secondly, is anyone having issues with the radio volume? Current issue I have is when I change the volume on the radio it will go to the level that I want then immediately decrease. Every time I go to turn the volume up it will go to what it should be then again decrease. (Sorry finding it really hard to explainew this). Any help would be appreciated.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 1:st-Aug-2016

Sorry I'm not able to help with that but I do know what you mean. Hopefully someone else will have an idea!

Glad you found the thread useful though [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES].

Can people tell me if they're able to read all the text on the main post? I've also added a section in which covers the hidden Bluetooth menu

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tonto - 1:st-Aug-2016

The text at the bottom is white @sheppy1 so looks like there's nothing there.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 1:st-Aug-2016

Arrghhh its getting on my nerves now! Haha

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - ronnie63 - 1:st-Aug-2016

I'm having an SD card issue? I bought a 32gb card but it's the micro card that goes inside an adaptor, I formatted it and put some music on which worked fine but next time I went to the car the screen kept going black? was not sure what was going on, but when I managed to get it display the music was gone? put the SD card in pc and it won't read it? says it's corrupt? and is showing as a USB drive on my PC! what am I doing wrong?

Cheers Ronnie