Switch to desktop version  
M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: ICE (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=95)
+--- Thread: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info (/showthread.php?tid=2128)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 21:st-Mar-2016

Just looks like an alternative and older version of the ones we have mate... Seems to do all the same things (not sure if it supports reverse camera, 3g, digital TV etc. Though)

Also all the keys on the CD400 work with the S160 M072 model too so no need to worry there [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - cosmo black - 21:st-Mar-2016

This function that shows the end of the video that sets the time in settings removes the key and the car radio turned rimande then opens the door and goes out ....
Then when it goes back and sets in motion comes on from where it left without start over angry also has the s160?
It seems very convenient as it takes about 30 seconds to turn on both this and the s160.

S160 with what you can change in the vehicle configuration you make a list to me?

However I think I have to take by force the s160 because retailers are just Russians and there is no dealer in Italy ...

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 21:st-Mar-2016

Yeah the M072 one will come back on where you left off if you get back in within 5 mins...just after 5 mins the car does some of its power saving shutdowns which is when it would turn off fully...I believe no matter which one you go for they will all operate like that mare.

What is it you need me to get from the config menu?

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - cosmo black - 22:nd-Mar-2016

I wanted to know what you can enable more than in CD400 ... because by the various viseo I saw that the configirazioni menu is so long I think there are voices in more .... also wanted to know if when you open one door conpare a message with an icon of the car with its door open ... also wanted to know if it was the air conditioning is always visible as the CD400 oroginale or is visible only when you set the temperature?

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Lewis6317 - 25:th-Mar-2016

You got tv in aswell sheppy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 25:th-Mar-2016

I haven't mate, was £100 extra for the antenna module and I don't watch TV at home so I'd never watch it in the car. One of the chaps on the FB page got it for his m072 unit though

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - mrtc - 25:th-Mar-2016

Could use it for dab radio not sure how good signal would be

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I don't see why you don't just look into the 3g option... The Internet radio I have has all dab channels and more and works amazingly well! I have never had it drop signal yet! Course it won't and can't be as reliable as dab as it will lose signal if you go up in the middle of nowhere but I bet people won't do that too often! Also not sure how reliable dab would be then either lol

I live out in the sticks. Dab does lose quite abit. On the way to the boat i put my absolute radio app on. It did better than dab

Waheeeyyy! +1 for Internet radio! Haha

Thought id try it. I put a nice dab pioneer in the berlingo campervan we have. My husband loves it. I dont like the berlingo tho lol.

Dab is better than fm..but app radio is the future

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - bhalay207 - 26:th-Mar-2016

Did somebody mention DAB? lol!

I'd be all for Internet radio don't get me wrong but what's the data usage like on it?

Also, I went to skegvegas yesterday and lost Internet on my tablet and mobile for a good proportion of the drive through the country. Granted that's not a regular but it only needs to happen once

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 26:th-Mar-2016

Oh no not you!! Hahah

I'll check today for you mate, I only have a 2gb data limit on my in car 3g dongle and I listen to radio every day via the ifly app along with doing other streaming via Spotify and I've never used all my data yet..

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - mrtc - 26:th-Mar-2016

i have 4gb data but my contract ends in august, these days the data contracts are alot better, ive seen quite a few unlimited data at not too bad prices

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 26:th-Mar-2016

You'd probably be okay tethering tbh... I mean I have a 10gb limit on my mobile but wanted permanent data in the car without having to mess with the phone (trying to cut the phone out of the equation in the car) hence getting the data only sim for the car

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 1:st-Apr-2016

Okay, it appears there is a new firmware/software update for the M072 unit. To download it you first need to sign up to the roadnav forum and request a password via this link:

http://www.roadnav.com/forum/firmware-aa/s160-android/34681-s160-password-request

They will PM you a password which you can then use to download the latest firmware from post 71 here:

http://www.roadnav.com/forum/firmware-aa/s160-android/34839-rn-s160-android-firmware-update-roadnav-com/page5

I have requested my password a few mins ago so waiting for that now and then I will flash the update. The process for flashing the update is as follows (this is from post 1 in the second link):

Do NOT post requests here, this thread is for firmware updates only.

!!!Warning: There is probability that fail the updating and it may cause the core-board could not function properly. Use at your own risk!

Update Instruction:
- Copy all the files into root of an empty SD card
- Power OFF the unit. Wait for SRC light to go off (usually 5-10 mins).
- Insert the firmware card into GPS slot,
- Power ON the unit. Hold SRC button until it Beeps twice
- System now will upgrade automatically
note after 5 mins radio will show Upgrade Complete. THIS IS NOT THE FINISH please wait longer.
- It is complete when screen display “All complete successful! Please remove the card...” Now remove the SD card, the unit will restart automatically.
- Done.

Enjoy!

Now I have NEVER done this upgrade procedure before so if it does brick your device then I have NO IDEA how to fix it.

Thanks

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 1:st-Apr-2016

(1:st-Apr-2016, 20:20:12)sheppy1 Wrote: Okay, it appears there is a new firmware/software update for the M072 unit. To download it you first need to sign up to the roadnav forum and request a password via this link:

http://www.roadnav.com/forum/firmware-aa/s160-android/34681-s160-password-request

They will PM you a password which you can then use to download the latest firmware from post 71 here:

http://www.roadnav.com/forum/firmware-aa/s160-android/34839-rn-s160-android-firmware-update-roadnav-com/page5

I have requested my password a few mins ago so waiting for that now and then I will flash the update. The process for flashing the update is as follows (this is from post 1 in the second link):

Do NOT post requests here, this thread is for firmware updates only.

!!!Warning: There is probability that fail the updating and it may cause the core-board could not function properly. Use at your own risk!

Update Instruction:
- Copy all the files into root of an empty SD card
- Power OFF the unit. Wait for SRC light to go off (usually 5-10 mins).
- Insert the firmware card into GPS slot,
- Power ON the unit. Hold SRC button until it Beeps twice
- System now will upgrade automatically
note after 5 mins radio will show Upgrade Complete. THIS IS NOT THE FINISH please wait longer.
- It is complete when screen display “All complete successful! Please remove the card...” Now remove the SD card, the unit will restart automatically.
- Done.

Enjoy!

Now I have NEVER done this upgrade procedure before so if it does brick your device then I have NO IDEA how to fix it.

Thanks
Thanks, so who is going to give this a bash first.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NP and I will unless someone else get's the password first :P I'd have done it tonight but they haven't sent it me yet so I can't download it...I wish they gave changelogs too! Ha

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Daz21 - 1:st-Apr-2016

Hi @sheppy1 if you get before us can you add up somewhere we can download it I'm happy to share on once I have it to thanks.
Also I see you have a different build number to mine ? Looking at tour request for password.

Sure [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] will stick it on Dropbox for everyone who wants it and link to it on here

Hmmmm what build is yours?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Daz21 - 2:nd-Apr-2016

(1:st-Apr-2016, 23:08:29)sheppy1 Wrote: Sure [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] will stick it on Dropbox for everyone who wants it and link to it on here

Hmmmm what build is yours?

@sheppy1 this is what is on mine i think that it is different from yours ?? let me know  

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 2:nd-Apr-2016

Yeah you already have the latest version mate! Here's a screen shot of the details for the latest version that I'm trying to download

The MCU is higher on the newer version actually... Not even sure what that is though!

So what's different between the updates then ? Is there a way I can get it off mine for you ?

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 2:nd-Apr-2016

The MCU version on the one on the roadnav forum is newer so you're still gonna benefit from the update (not sure what the MCU controls thoigh or what updates have been made!)

And no mate, I will have to wait for them to give me that password. Thanks though

Ok well if you get it let me know I have requested to

Will do mate

Just got a pm from them mate

Yeah same, uploading to Dropbox for others now

They state mine is the newest should I change it ?

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 2:nd-Apr-2016

This is the version I am on. Build is the same but the rest differs.

Should I change mine ?

Dam car broke again now goes into reverse without the lever ?

Eh... Was this after you updated? And update if you want or if you're having issues mate..

Here's the version I download from their site, it's this one:

And here's the Dropbox link for it:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w6l5mi3wd4v47k0/AADDlZSYpOvqfHF-f0kWP7jfa?dl=0

You just need the files in the folder, the exe is just where those files were extracted from

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 2:nd-Apr-2016

(2:nd-Apr-2016, 12:43:35)Daz21 Wrote: Should I change mine ?

Dam car broke again now goes into reverse without the lever ?
Did you change your gear knob? It will do that if it is not clipped in properly. Happened to me.

How do I check if on right ?

Also is it worth me updated my stereo ?

Regarding the update I wouldn't bother ad the only thing you're not up to date on is the MCU and as far as I can tell that's only used for integration and control of the stereo... So if you're not having issues then don't bother. You're on a newer version of the actual OS than I am anyway

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 2:nd-Apr-2016

(2:nd-Apr-2016, 13:03:16)Daz21 Wrote: How do I check if on right ?

Take it off again and make sure that you keep those lugs pressed in when you refit. Make sure it goes all the way down, I think it clips in. I used tucpals guide if that helps.

Just an update for the procedure you need to follow to upgrade the software and firmware. All you need to do is copy all the files from that folder on my Dropbox to the root of a blank fat32 SD card. Stick that in the GPS slot and ensure the car has been off for 10 mins. They state you need to hold an SRC button but all you need to do is power the car on and the system will boot to a red screen followed by this:

Which is what mine is doing now.

Also once the text dissappear from the screen and it says "installation complete" the screen will go black and the system will start beeping... This isn't a problem and it will eventually stop beeping, apparently it just does this while it's updating some firmware. Text will come back on the screen and eventually you'll see "all complete successfull, please remove sd card". Then you're done [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

(2:nd-Apr-2016, 13:06:28)marcus Wrote:
(2:nd-Apr-2016, 13:03:16)Daz21 Wrote: How do I check if on right ?

Take it off again and make sure that you keep those lugs pressed in when you refit. Make sure it goes all the way down,  I think it clips in. I used tucpals guide if that helps.

Looks broken to me ??

I'd probably say AVOID updating unless you really need too... All went well and only took 5 mins but it wipes the system so I'm having to reinstall all my apps now

(2:nd-Apr-2016, 13:58:33)sheppy1 Wrote: I'd probably say AVOID updating unless you really need too... All went well and only took 5 mins but it wipes the system so I'm having to reinstall all my apps now

did you leave files in folder or take them out ?/ think i will leave mine tho.

did you see picture of gear stick if so what you think ?

You're gonna have to wait for Marcus for a reply on the gear stick as I've never taken mine off.

I took them out of the folder mate [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 8:th-Apr-2016

(2:nd-Apr-2016, 14:05:07)sheppy1 Wrote: You're gonna have to wait for Marcus for a reply on the gear stick as I've never taken mine off.

Gear lever working again daz?

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Daz21 - 8:th-Apr-2016

(8:th-Apr-2016, 08:09:12)marcus Wrote:
(2:nd-Apr-2016, 14:05:07)sheppy1 Wrote: You're gonna have to wait for Marcus for a reply on the gear stick as I've never taken mine off.

Gear lever working again daz?

Yeah not sure what I did tho just took it off and on a few times now ok thanks.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - ronnie63 - 12:th-Apr-2016

This unit looks good! I would be keen to know how it displays the heater and air con controls, also how the indicator sounds etc are, and if it will work ok with the factory park sensors.

Thanks Ronnie

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 12:th-Apr-2016

(12:th-Apr-2016, 14:17:17)ronnie63 Wrote: This unit looks good! I would be keen to know how it displays the heater and air con controls, also how the indicator sounds etc are, and if it will work ok with the factory park sensors.

Thanks Ronnie

If i don't forget I'll get some pics and audio recordings tomorrow for you. The heater controls are tastefully done, everything appears along a solid black bar across the bottom which only appears when controls are activated to make something appear on screen. The clicking from the indicators is very good, very mechanical and you can adjust how loud you want it

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - ronnie63 - 12:th-Apr-2016

That sounds good sheppy, look forward to the pics when you get a chance

Thanks Ronnie

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Daz21 - 12:th-Apr-2016

Oh @sheppy1 beat me to the reply lol I would have done the same.

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 12:th-Apr-2016

this is one with the heater controls visible at the bottom of the screen. It pops up when any of the heating controls are activated and also when the info button is pressed. IIRC

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 12:th-Apr-2016

And @marcus beat me too it! Haha

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Daz21 - 12:th-Apr-2016

(12:th-Apr-2016, 22:17:57)sheppy1 Wrote: And @marcus beat me too it! Haha

Guess we both got beat ha ha