Switch to desktop version  
M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: ICE (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=95)
+--- Thread: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info (/showthread.php?tid=2128)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 1:st-Aug-2016

Funny you should say that! I had a 32gb sd card in my unit which I was using fine for weeks. I took it out for some reason, put it in my pc and it said the same thing. Formatted it and now it only ever detects it as 215mb lol. I got a new one and that's now working fine in my head unit... Odd

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 1:st-Aug-2016

I had problems with my first SD card. Replaced it with a branded 32 Gig and no issues since then.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - ronnie63 - 1:st-Aug-2016

Ah I bought a cheap one on ebay but the feedback was good! any links to a decent one guys?

Cheers Ronnie

This is what I bought?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/32GB-Micro-SD-Card-TF-Flash-Memory-MicroSD-MicroSDHC-Class-10-Free-Adapter-/282119984276?hash=item41afa95494:g:9JAAAOSwyDxXhpcc

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - JonathanLondon - 1:st-Aug-2016

(1:st-Aug-2016, 20:44:36)ronnie63 Wrote: Ah I bought a cheap one on ebay but the feedback was good! any links to a decent one guys?

Cheers Ronnie

This is what I bought?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/32GB-Micro-SD-Card-TF-Flash-Memory-MicroSD-MicroSDHC-Class-10-Free-Adapter-/282119984276?hash=item41afa95494:g:9JAAAOSwyDxXhpcc

Have a look on Amazon (especially if you have Amazon Prime free delivery).  I don't think you will go far wrong with SanDisk or Kingston.  And Amazon have a great returns policy

Jonathan,

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 1:st-Aug-2016

I don't think it will make a difference tbh. The one I had that went funny was a Kingston... Saying that I also had the same model Kingston one fail in my phone recently too... Better avoid those from my experience

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - JonathanLondon - 1:st-Aug-2016

(1:st-Aug-2016, 16:40:40)sheppy1 Wrote: Can people tell me if they're able to read all the text on the main post? I've also added a section in which covers the hidden Bluetooth menu

Hi

Thanks for doing this.  But if you go in to Edit CP and change the style from Black/Blue to Default, you'll see all the white text at the bottom of the page disappears :-(

Jonathan.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 2:nd-Aug-2016

I have a SanDisk, no issues. (class 10)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Rymaan82 - 2:nd-Aug-2016

(1:st-Aug-2016, 15:38:36)Tjholl90 Wrote: Hi All, firstly I would like to thank you all for your posts as they really helped when it came to installing this unit. I would still be stuck with the CD400 had I not found this page.
Secondly, is anyone having issues with the radio volume? Current issue I have is when I change the volume on the radio it will go to the level that I want then immediately decrease. Every time I go to turn the volume up it will go to what it should be then again decrease. (Sorry finding it really hard to explainew this). Any help would be appreciated.

Yes sadly it is an issue with the unit. I dont think there is any fix at the moment for it from what I have read on the navi forums. It is annoying but you get used to it. Not a great answer I know.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tjholl90 - 2:nd-Aug-2016

Yes sadly it is an issue with the unit. I dont think there is any fix at the moment for it from what I have read on the navi forums. It is annoying but you get used to it. Not a great answer I know.
[/quote]
Ah that's a shame. No worries thanks for your response. Have emailed rob at iceboxauto anyway so will let you know what he says when I get a reply.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tjholl90 - 2:nd-Aug-2016

I've fixed this issue now. I went into Bluetooth and typed ##0323 then under amp I changed it to built-in fixed.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 2:nd-Aug-2016

Result! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 2:nd-Aug-2016

I don't get it...if I make the text white in the editor people can't see it...if I make it black people can't see it! At present it's white in the editor and I can see it fine...

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Rusty2009 - 2:nd-Aug-2016

It depends what theme people are using, best off not making text black or white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - JonathanLondon - 2:nd-Aug-2016

(2:nd-Aug-2016, 21:43:48)sheppy1 Wrote: I don't get it...if I make the text white in the editor people can't see it...if I make it black people can't see it! At present it's white in the editor and I can see it fine...

If you use the View Source edit button (top right in the edit toolbar) you can remove the colour tags.

Jonathan.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - DT36 - 3:rd-Aug-2016

Has anyone used the Torque App yet on their unit? I have it working perfect on my phone, but no connection on the head unit.
I have downloaded the Torque Add On to my phone, so that you can use your phone as a repeater to the head unit, but it's not fully communicating. Head unit recognises my phone as a repeater, but is not communicating with the ECU, even though Torque is running live data on my phone at the same time.

On a side note, I took a work friend out with me for lunch today and he was seriously impressed with the unit compared to what he has in his 3 series BMW. Then, when we reversed into a parking space and the camera switched on, he said " I'm definitely going to look for one of these online tonight".

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - ronnie63 - 4:th-Aug-2016

A guy I know really wants one after seeing mine, but he has a new shape Zafira and they don't do one for it as yet!

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 4:th-Aug-2016

(4:th-Aug-2016, 09:24:34)ronnie63 Wrote: A guy I know really wants one after seeing mine, but he has a new shape Zafira and they don't do one for it as yet!
Same with a chap I work with! Has the new zafira too...

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - cosmo black - 6:th-Aug-2016

Hello I have a opel astra j and I installed S160 works perfectly ...
But I have two little problems:

Disconnecting the car battery instrumentation returns to English and to redirect it in Italian I had to put the vecchiio CD400 car radio for a few seconds and all is returned to the Italian language.

I also bought HappyBlue for obd but I can not connect to the radio via bluetooth.

The "SETUP" menu is in English only, you can not have that too in Italian with firmware update

doing the firmware update will solve these problems?
That is the language that I will change dall's160 will modify also the instrument panel?

If I understand correctly the Bluetooth module of this unit is not managed by the Android settings so if even via firmware update does not solve, if you buy a USB dongle for Android if I connect it to the USB sistemna Android will see after this Bluetooth?

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 7:th-Aug-2016

I have hopefully fixed the text problems now in the original post. I have also added a section near the bottom with a link to my dropbox which will always have the latest RoadNav firmware on it for you to download, copy to your SD card and flash as is.

Any issues let me know (file will be uploaded by tomorrow)

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - cosmo black - 8:th-Aug-2016

Doing the update that you have posted will solve my problems

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 8:th-Aug-2016

(8:th-Aug-2016, 09:34:20)cosmo black Wrote: Doing the update that you have posted will solve my problems
No idea mate... As I say they don't post change logs so other than things I've noticed I can't say what it will and won't fix

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 8:th-Aug-2016

My mechanic is doing the interim service for 50 quid. Vauxhall are doing the MOT as my mechanic doesn't do those [PENSIVE FACE]

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - cosmo black - 8:th-Aug-2016

I wanted to know where I have to download the firmware ...

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - o0kidd0o - 12:th-Aug-2016

All right guys any help here will be much appreciated, So been using this unit for a good while now with no problems which is good, I've had a Sub in the boot from the CD400 and was running off the rear speakers which was working the same when i changed to this M072. I've always had the problem which is in some songs it is too much bass and there is no way to adjust it with the way i had it wired. What i want to know is does anyone know how i can wire a Sub to this unit for me to use the SUB control in the config menu as i don't see a SUB out anywhere to plug RCA into. Thanks in advance

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - bunje - 2:nd-Sep-2016

Hi guys I've been reading this thread from start to finish I'm looking at getting one of these unit's i just have a few questions. Firstly I know that the button on the dash still work with the radio but do the controls on the steering wheel work like can I make a call with the phone buttons. Also I see that they have a dab add on that can be purchased when order. Does this give full dab or does it take up a channel on the fm side. Does it need another aerial for this to work. Thanks in advance

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 2:nd-Sep-2016

The steering wheel buttons all work as they should. The phone button however just brings up the dialer rather than asking you verbally who you'd like to ring.

Full day but you'd need the add on module which ain't that great due to needing a rather large and ugly extra antenna

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - bunje - 2:nd-Sep-2016

Cheers for the fast reply Sheppy. I think I'll go for the dab anyway. Is there any alternative aerial for it or do I have to use the one supplied

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 2:nd-Sep-2016

(2:nd-Sep-2016, 22:44:41)bunje Wrote: Cheers for the fast reply Sheppy. I think I'll go for the dab anyway. Is there any alternative aerial for it or do I have to use the one supplied

No problem! You have to use theirs as it's for a USB end on it and it's for a module along the wore which talks to the unit. You can have my dab module for 25 quid if you want? They charge 45 I believe... I don't do radio so don't use it. It's the one from icebox

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - bunje - 3:rd-Sep-2016

Do i not need anything else other than the module as it says it's gotta be added at the time of checkout.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 3:rd-Sep-2016

Nope... Not sure why it says that! I got mine like a year after getting the unit as it wasn't available at the time. You need the antenna and then an app which I can provide... It's only provided via email from ice box anyway.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - bigmadstu - 4:th-Sep-2016

I've a M072 on order from Rob at Icebox Auto. Lots of good advice on here but to be sure I did ask him a few questions regarding compatibility with my car. ( 2011 2.0 Elite CDTI )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you confirm that the M072 allows all the car settings and buttons to be used?

Hi Stu, yes, as long as you don't have the sports package on your car. It will be fine. It will still show all the vehicle car info on our unit.

Best wishes

Rob

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have the sports package but Rob's reply is certainly something to consider if you do have it.

Stu

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - bunje - 5:th-Sep-2016

i just ordered my m072 thansk for the help sheppy. did you buy the reversing camera that you linked in the first post from ebay the one that goes in the light fitting. if so how did you find it

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - sheppy1 - 5:th-Sep-2016

(5:th-Sep-2016, 08:37:41)bunje Wrote: i just ordered my m072 thansk for the help sheppy. did you buy the reversing camera that you linked in the first post from ebay the one that goes in the light fitting. if so how did you find it
No problem at all! Hmmm very odd! Tbh the one in the main post doesn't seem to be the one I remember linking too! This is the one I have

Search that eBay number. It's fantastic! Quality is good day and night and it works just great [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - bunje - 5:th-Sep-2016

Got one ordered just hope it comes before the estimated delivery date

RE: M072 Android Head Unit Install/Info - mdruedal - 16:th-Sep-2016

(14:th-Feb-2016, 22:51:56)sheppy1 Wrote: Okay so turns out the factory knobs for controlling volume etc are supposed to work... Mark said he thinks one of the spare cables he had goes into the adapter block... So yeah, I'll be testing all this stuff in depth and reporting in what does and doesn't work anyway when mine comes [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

@sheppy1 did you have to connect any cables to get them to work ??

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - stigeye - 16:th-Sep-2016

I remember reading somewhere that the volume control etc did not work after installing their M072 and it turned out they hadn't connected the control loom to the supplied M072 connector.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 16:th-Sep-2016

(16:th-Sep-2016, 09:40:14)stigeye Wrote: I remember reading somewhere that the volume control etc did not work after installing their M072 and it turned out they hadn't connected the control loom to the supplied M072 connector.

Yes I had that problem. It was the cable which connects to the cd400 display IIRC. It connects to the new wiring loom.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - mdruedal - 16:th-Sep-2016

(16:th-Sep-2016, 09:45:03)marcus Wrote:
(16:th-Sep-2016, 09:40:14)stigeye Wrote: I remember reading somewhere that the volume control etc did not work after installing their M072 and it turned out they hadn't connected the control loom to the supplied M072 connector.

Yes I had that problem. It was the cable which connects to the cd400 display IIRC. It connects to the new wiring loom.

Ok, I will have a look at if I missed that one perhaps :-)

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - bunje - 21:st-Sep-2016

i have one of these to install the weekend along with a few other bits
my car has gotta go back to vauxhall for a software recall
so my question do they need the original cd400 in there to do the software recall update

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 21:st-Sep-2016

(21:st-Sep-2016, 15:04:48)bunje Wrote: i have one of these to install the weekend along with a few other bits
my car has gotta go back to vauxhall for a software recall
so my question do they need the original cd400 in there to do the software recall update
No. I've had 2 software updates done by vauxhall with the Android unit fitted.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - bunje - 21:st-Sep-2016

Great news. Thanks I don't have to wait a month to fit it now

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - mdruedal - 29:th-Sep-2016

(16:th-Sep-2016, 14:25:56)mdruedal Wrote:
(16:th-Sep-2016, 09:45:03)marcus Wrote:

Ok, I will have a look at if I missed that one perhaps :-)
It seemed that I had bent some of the pins in the socket, on the back of the CD400 panel with the knobs and buttons. After I straightened them out and reconnected it everything worked fine!
Now I am just waiting to receive the cable that connects the original USB socket.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 30:th-Sep-2016

Good to hear you got it sorted. Did they forget to package the usb cable with the m072? I had both in the box when it was delivered.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - mdruedal - 2:nd-Oct-2016

(30:th-Sep-2016, 11:26:23)marcus Wrote: Good to hear you got it sorted. Did they forget to package the usb cable with the m072? I had both in the box when it was delivered.

I actually did not get the m072, but the newer one with Android 5.1.
I received the cable yesterday and split pulled the radio out yesterday to connect the USB cable, but to my regret it does not have the socket in the radio for this, so I had to just use the standard USB cable instead, I guess this one does not support the Astra J USB socket. Will probably be sending the cable back again.

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tonto - 2:nd-Oct-2016

Do you have a photo of all the cables coming out of your headunit @mdruedal ??

This may be help to some if you have installed the kotix rom and decide to go back to the standard rom.

First off you'll need the igo folder, I can provide that for you if needed as you'll find once you reinstall standard rom it says the following

You'll then put the sd card in with the igo folder on and open up file explorer and select the sd card.

You'll then see the files,

hold down on the igo file until the tick pops up beside it

Then select copy
Select homepage at the top and then select internal sd

Then once you see this screen select paste from top right

You'll then have this pop up while the folder copies across.

Then go back to the navigation icon and click it and igo will now load up!

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - mdruedal - 2:nd-Oct-2016

here is the back of the radio.

av in/out cable.

cable from the radio unit to the screen.

cable that connects to the car's cables and the canbus

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tonto - 3:rd-Oct-2016

(2:nd-Oct-2016, 23:28:46)mdruedal Wrote: here is the back of the radio.

av in/out cable.

I can't tell from those photos but do you. It have anything that looks like these circled below?

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - mdruedal - 3:rd-Oct-2016

(3:rd-Oct-2016, 07:17:56)Tonto Wrote:
(2:nd-Oct-2016, 23:28:46)mdruedal Wrote: here is the back of the radio.

av in/out cable.

I can't tell from those photos but do you. It have anything that looks like these circled below?

@tonto I have the correct cable, but there is nowhere to connect it in the radio.

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - Tonto - 3:rd-Oct-2016

@mdruedal ah right sorry I must have read it wrong. So you've bought the cable separately? The M072 it comes already in with a bunch of the cables and isn't separate at all.

RE: M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info - marcus - 7:th-Oct-2016

Downloaded the kotix rom Sep update today. Installed it and noticed that you have the choice of 3 skins for the unit. Default one is the original one.

Haven't really had much chance to play around with it as yet. Noticed there was a menu option to customize some of the buttons. Haven't seen that before.

Had an issue with Spotify and some other apps not wanting to install properly. (Android error 24). Got around it by deleting the old program folders using root Explorer app. I. E. /device /data/data and then delete the program folder. Hey presto.