Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to navi650 950 upgrade

Navi650 to 950 upgrade
Hello,
New on here. I have just bought (picking it up on Tuesday) a 15 plate Astra with the Navi 650 and looking to upgrade so i can have bluetooth and music streaming. I see a couple of posts on here that the Navi 950 can be fitted. Rusty seems to be pretty knowledgeable about this.

I understand that you need the head unit to code it, etc but is the actual changeover of the head unit as simple as removing and unplugging the 650 then plugging in the 950 then refitting all the trim, etc? Is there any additional wiring required? I take it i would need to install a mic to make phone calls but is that the extent of the additional work required to install the 950?

Is there anyone in or around East Lothian, Scotland who can carry this work out? there is a local car audio place to me (called Car Audio Stuff, Dunbar) but i'm not sure he's too keen on installing second hand equipment or equipment he's not sure about.

Anyway, any advice here would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ben
I know we've spoken via email but to answer your questions on here.

Yes simple remove the trim and control panel (how-to in the audio section of forum), unplug box plug new one in.

Yes a mic is needed (I can supply a mic & loom) in terms of fitting this it really is simple push 2 pins which go into the plug (info would be given) pop off A-pillar drivers side to run the mic wire up-to the roof.

Re fit and off you go.

I don't know of any up Scotland way.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Good afternoon , Ive got a 63 plate Astra GTC with a radio fault , can i fit a secondhand ebay unit with out coding it to my vehicle .
Ive got the complete radio & controls , but ive been told a second hand unit is only programmed to the car it came from , is this correct
If so can the ebay radio be programmed to my car.
The fault with my own radio is the screen has lines in it

Regard Warren
Hi, any second hand radio will need to be coded to your car. You are correct that the unit is only programmed to the car it came from. It can be coded to your car. Rusty is the man to get in touch with. He can do it, his website is:
http://www.vxocelectrabizz.co.uk/index.html

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra j cd400 upgrade to cd500 [emoji2] Astragalcreb 4 4,534 16:th-Mar-2020, 22:41:28
Last Post: niteram
  Interior Mirror Upgrade phil67 4 4,455 30:th-Oct-2018, 07:46:04
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Upgrade cd600 mbusic 8 23,147 1:st-Sep-2016, 00:03:17
Last Post: nicolasvv

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
Qaranc (19:th-Oct-2023, 23:21:33), James37518 (15:th-Jan-2024, 00:43:51)