Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
upgrade cd600

Upgrade cd600
Is it possible or will it be, to upgrade cd600 to new android auto system?
I was wondering if someone has firmware dump, maybe we could figure something out.

I'm willing to upgrade my cd600 to navi600 or navi950 even in near future, in case I don't figure something with navigation.
My cd600 has that beautiful big screen, and it's shame to be almost useless. I would like to use it for some sort of navigation, via phone or anything similar..
the new astra k android sytem no totaly difrent
i know it is, but maybe, just maybe, hardware isn't that different. it could be possible...

anyway is there way to use navigation on cd600, via phone or some external install, app... anything?
I searched on German forums and no good info.
Here is official statement from Opel (hope you understand German)

„Sehr geehrter Herr …,

vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail vom 20. April 2015, in welcher Sie uns nach den BringGo und Stitcher Apps für das CD600 IntelliLink in Ihrem Opel Astra fragten.
Die BringGo App steht spezifisch nur für die Systeme Opel Adam IntelliLink und Opel Corsa IntelliLink zur Verfügung. Da diese Systeme keine integrierte Navigation haben, ist diese App erforderlich um über ein Smartphone navigieren zu können.
Laut den uns vorliegenden Informationen steht die Sticher App nur für den Opel Astra mit CD600 IntelliLink ab Modelljahr 2015 zur Verfügung. Informationen über die genauen technischen Hintergründe diesbezüglich liegen uns nicht vor. Eine Nachrüstung älterer Fahrzeuge, etwa durch ein Softwareupdate, ist nicht möglich.
Auch wenn wir Ihnen keine anders lautende Antwort geben können, hoffen wir, dass Ihnen diese Informationen helfen. Sollten Sie weitere Fragen haben, zögern Sie bitte nicht uns telefonisch oder per E-Mail zu kontaktieren.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Adam Opel AG“
nope not like that but there may be a way to do it
this little box of tricks is for a reverse camera
but it also can be used as a video interface
so you could plug a device into it and it would show that onto the screen

http://car-solutions.com/en/gvif-video-i...-lexus.php

what you would use i have no idea
I'll continue my research. Since I got my Astra for only few days, I'll need some time to find all devices I need to pull out firmware.

If I manage to do anything, I'll let you know

If anyone has any idea how could I do it, or any other kind of advice, please share it here.
Why don't you just remove the cd600 completely replace it with an android unit? S160 / M072. Probably cheaper than any other alternatives.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(23:rd-Mar-2016, 12:07:50)marcus Wrote: Why don't you just remove the cd600 completely replace it with an android unit? S160 / M072. Probably cheaper than any other alternatives.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Do you have some link? I can't find any of those :/
Edit: I mistyped it.. foud it, but that's not what I was looking for
I've heard that the CD600 is not completely compatible with the S160 - M072?
Mostly that a part of the control panel doesn't work...

I'll post a link from an other forum discussing the problem.

Hoping to find a solution!

https://www.roadnav.com/forum/help-aa/58...it-s-valid

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Navi650 to 950 upgrade Ben Macnair 3 2,848 6:th-Jan-2021, 22:06:47
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Astra j cd400 upgrade to cd500 [emoji2] Astragalcreb 4 4,561 16:th-Mar-2020, 22:41:28
Last Post: niteram
  Interior Mirror Upgrade phil67 4 4,469 30:th-Oct-2018, 07:46:04
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
milozic (21:st-Sep-2023, 19:17:53)