Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
upgrade interior mirror

Interior Mirror Upgrade
Hi Everyone

As ive only got the GTC on a sport, its a bit basic on some of the toys.

What I was wondering if the wiring is hidden up in the headlining for me to upgrade the very standard mirror to one of the dipping models / auto wipers?

And if anyone is selling one with the housing, then please let me know before I go to ebay. If wiring is not present, what do I need to get it sorted, I will also need to get it switched on for the wiper function no doubt, can that be done with out having the car pass as not got round to getting that sorted.

Cheers
Hi Phil

I upgraded my standard mirror to a to a anti dazzle one on my Astra 1.7 SRI 62 plate, just plug & play, don't think that the casing will fit because of your windscreen, there is tutorial on this site.
There is a how-to on the site, @jpbroad1970 has fitted the casing iirc to his.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-AUT...-retro-fit

You will need to buy a small loom about £10-12 iirc.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks, any idea of the part number for the loom?

Would this one fit, I know I would have issues with the trim as would need a new window, but will it fit on the bracket I have on my sport?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-VAUXHALL...o:rk:26:pf:
Loom part number 13378813.

That's a HBA mirror but will still fit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/09-15-VAUXHAL...:rk:2:pf:0

Yes it will fit on the bracket no issues.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Navi650 to 950 upgrade Ben Macnair 3 2,826 6:th-Jan-2021, 22:06:47
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Astra J wing mirror mreledil 2 2,717 10:th-Apr-2020, 09:50:17
Last Post: andyp
  Astra j cd400 upgrade to cd500 [emoji2] Astragalcreb 4 4,529 16:th-Mar-2020, 22:41:28
Last Post: niteram
  Mk6 GTC Mirror Maxniomi 6 4,726 29:th-Nov-2018, 09:05:25
Last Post: Maxniomi
  Upgrade cd600 mbusic 8 23,147 1:st-Sep-2016, 00:03:17
Last Post: nicolasvv
  Part number for N/S interior door handle Morgan 5 5,296 6:th-Oct-2015, 05:28:55
Last Post: tucpal