Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
broken seat trim drivers

Drivers seat broken trim
I noticed last night the side trim on my drivers side leather seat (Elite trim) is cracked and broken. Not sure if it's the hot weather we've recently had, or my fat ass that's caused it - lol

I don't have a photo of the damage, sorry, but I believe from searching the part No is 13257102.

It has multiple seat adjustment (manual adjust) as well as electric lumbar support adjust.

1. Can someone confirm I have the correct part No for my leather seat side trim (drivers side).
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Vauxh...4205273882
The link is just an example, I've found a cheaper genuine part, but the picture was crap. See photo from link below.

2. It is easy to change? i.e. does the seat have to be removed from the car, or can it be replaced in situ? The levers/handles look easy enough to remove by just pulling off a cover to reveal the screws.

Thanks.

Yes that's the correct (using my vin to check elite leather seats).

Never changed one but I think it's doable in situ.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Cheers for the confirmation Rusty. Part ordered from eBay for £18.72 from Vauxhall Superstore.

Here’s hoping I can fit it when it arrives later this week. The back rest handle has a weird looking screw holding it on.
I was just about to look on TIS for some info for you but it's down again at the moment.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(19:th-Aug-2020, 07:35:05)Rusty2009 Wrote: I was just about to look on TIS for some info for you but it's down again at the moment.

If you can get on there and get the info, it would be appreciated.
Please see attached excuse the layout (pic being at the bottom screwed up on print) but all info is there.

Attached Files
  Driver or Passenger Seat Adjuster Vertical Actuator Handle Replacement.pdf (Size: 81.82 KB / Downloads: 13)
  Driver or Passenger Seat Recliner Lever Replacement.pdf (Size: 63.11 KB / Downloads: 14)
  Front Seat Cushion Side Finish Panel Replacement (Except OPC).pdf (Size: 58.21 KB / Downloads: 10)
  Front Seat Tilt Adjuster Lever Replacement.pdf (Size: 80.14 KB / Downloads: 24)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(20:th-Aug-2020, 07:55:33)Rusty2009 Wrote: Please see attached excuse the layout (pic being at the bottom screwed up on print) but all info is there.

Thanks for the info, handy to know about the screw at each end of the panel around the back.

The screws all seem to be T30 torx head that hold the panel on and the levers.

However, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to remove the back rest lever. The centre of the shaft it’s fixed to is completely hollow. I’m wondering if it’s clipped on.

Here’s a photo of it.

Does it not pull out?

Or in the looks like clips in there.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
To answer my own question, yes the back rest lever adjuster isn't screwed on like the other 2 levers are. It is clipped on and I guess there is a proper trim removal tool out there, but I made do with a couple of flat bladed screwdrivers. One to bend the locking clip, and the other to prise off the lever. The plastic is well and truly bruised, but any damage is hidden when the cover is clipped back on.

I mentioned that it appeared all the screws were T30 torx. They're not. Only one screw is T30, which holds the rear up and down lever on. The front up and down lever, and well as the 3 screws holding the trim on are all T25.

I was going to do a HOW2, but to be honest, once you've removed the lever covers to reveal the screws, and also figured out how to take off the back rest lever, it's pretty much all self explanatory.

Only annoying thing was all the trim screws had thread lock on them, making them bloody difficult to remove in the confined space under the seat. Basically they were tight to undo the whole length of the threads. Grrr.
At least you know for next time.

Go tad mad with the thread lock?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(21:st-Aug-2020, 18:02:10)Rusty2009 Wrote: At least you know for next time.

Go tad mad with the thread lock?

Next time? I hope I don’t have to ever touch it again

I never bothered putting any thread lock on. There was still an amount of friction on them when I refitted the screws.

I think I could have repaired the old panel with some superglue and heat welding. It as a clean break, and there is plenty of room on the rear of the panel to reinforce it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VXR Seat (not the handle) Bigsmokeuk 1 1,823 12:th-Feb-2021, 11:16:57
Last Post: killboy
  A slightly different seat tilt breakage killboy 1 1,759 28:th-Jan-2021, 23:20:12
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Astra J Rear Bench Seat Clip. MrScottyMan 1 1,811 24:th-Jan-2021, 14:44:22
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Broken wheel stud Euroshopper 1 1,674 6:th-Oct-2020, 07:08:18
Last Post: Rusty2009
  AC Compressor clutch broken rlievens 2 2,036 19:th-Sep-2020, 19:01:39
Last Post: niteram
  Exterior roof trim needs replaced hughg176 1 1,740 18:th-Aug-2020, 07:18:56
Last Post: Rusty2009
Broken crankshaft bearing Fadii13 1 1,772 29:th-Jun-2020, 23:02:51
Last Post: niteram
  No sound on indicators, seat belt warning and quiet front parking sensors mpotsb 4 7,396 22:nd-Feb-2020, 19:24:53
Last Post: mpotsb
  Astra j vxr front seat Custerz90 7 8,783 31:st-Oct-2019, 16:30:42
Last Post: marablind
Thoughts on universal seat cover Borklazer316 0 2,072 5:th-Feb-2019, 18:53:34
Last Post: Borklazer316