Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
parking sensor display

Parking Sensor Display
I have seen some Astra-J's with Parking Sensors and a display in the dash screen showing distance, then I have seen some wiht sensors and no display.

My Astra-J 2011/11 Elite CDTI has the parking sensors but we dont get the display on the dash. Can this be activated or is it a case of you cant get it if its not there from factory?

Interested to find this out.

Thanks,
G.
Bump-ski...?
What screen do you have?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
This one, although this isnt actually mine.... : https://tech2.guru/wp-content/uploads/20...80x390.png
Front or rear sensor.

It's a very weird affair that Vauxhall have.

in that some will only show front sensors & others will show both front & rear.

IIRC your display will show front not rear or both.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I have both front and rear sensors.

Agree about that weird Vauxhall affair, dont understand it, you either activate the display on all or none.

How can I get it show anything? At the moment it doesnt show either.

Thanks.
Am in the same boat. Same display, neither sensor shows up.
I've got an android app hooked up to an arduino sketch that gives a visual display. All the info is on the gmlan apparently, but the instrument panel display doesn't make use of it.
Anything more on this folks?
I have front and rear sensors but my display only shows front rear is audio only don't if that's the same for anyone else but I prefer it to be audio myself
(29:th-Jun-2017, 10:08:54)Dale90 Wrote: I have front and rear sensors but my display only shows front. Rear is audio only. Don't if that's the same for anyone else but I prefer it to be audio myself

My 2013 Elite is exactly the same set up. But I have a reversing camera which also helps.
Was your camera factory or aftermarket

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
(29:th-Jun-2017, 11:55:51)Dale90 Wrote: Was your camera factory or aftermarket

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Aftermarket. Had it fitted when I had the Sat Nav/Bluetooth etc headunit fitted at Car Vision.
(8:th-Jun-2017, 16:07:11)zzattack Wrote: Am in the same boat. Same display, neither sensor shows up.
I've got an android app hooked up to an arduino sketch that gives a visual display. All the info is on the gmlan apparently, but the instrument panel display doesn't make use of it.

Any chance of more info on the arduino sketch and what else you use... i presume a canbus shield etc? 

i want to make my tailgate open via the remote (my car is a meriva B, electric tailgate release, but only via the switch in the tailgate, not from the remote) 
So i figured i'd use an arduino and canbus shield and listen in on the gmlan on pin 1 of the obdii port, when it recieves the unlock signal from the remote, it will trigger a timer, if the unlock code is recieved a second time within say 1.5 seconds, it will trigger a relay for a second or 2.. that will operate the tailgate release.

I have a tiny bit of experience with arduino sketches, but have never played with reading canbus signals... 

is the unlock signal even registered on the gmlan... is it on the main higher speed 2 wire lans.. i mean the actual 'recieved a valid unlock command from the remote' rather than the central locking unlock signal... this is to ensure the tailgate only releases from 2 presses of the remote and not the dashboad all doors unlock button (this car having rear suicide doors also does lots of locking and unlocking of doors when ever you stop and set off again, so worried that might trigger the boot to pop at times)
I have a module sat on my desk for remote boot opening just not found time to fit it yet.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(10:th-Feb-2018, 21:15:35)gazz292 Wrote:
(8:th-Jun-2017, 16:07:11)zzattack Wrote: Am in the same boat. Same display, neither sensor shows up.

Any chance of more info on the arduino sketch and what else you use... i presume a canbus shield etc? 

Sorry for the slow reply, I missed the message. Yes, indeed that tool used an arduino with mcp2515 can bus shield. I can send  it to you if you send me a pm with your email!
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electric Parking Brake andybrody 12 7,470 5:th-Jul-2019, 17:44:36
Last Post: niteram
  Radar Sensor Cabling kebibg 0 3,600 16:th-Apr-2019, 07:27:39
Last Post: kebibg
  Cd400 folder error display Fennmeister 4 3,779 11:th-Apr-2018, 09:14:47
Last Post: Fennmeister
  Parking sensors Aks72 0 2,886 21:st-May-2017, 00:33:35
Last Post: Aks72
  Locate sensor voltage Rain cosmo black 2 3,957 9:th-Oct-2016, 15:02:44
Last Post: cosmo black
  Rain sensor Kado1111 70 31,614 9:th-Oct-2016, 00:32:21
Last Post: cosmo black
  Front parking assist sensor SectorOMEGA 19 10,042 9:th-Jul-2016, 07:57:37
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
milozic (12:th-Sep-2023, 20:17:00), dinamitar (4:th-Dec-2023, 20:39:55)