Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
problem afl working not bulb basic

AFL basic problem (bulb not working)
Just been out to check the AFL on my astra (had it a month but never been out in the dark ;-) )

Everything seemed to work AOK apart from the fact the main Beam Assist does not work as quick as I can do on my own (a few people flashed me :-( )  No worries on that score.

When I got back I had a look at the lights and found that one of them was not "on".  I is on the nearside.

It is the one nearest the grill - I have tried to attach a JPEG (only 228KB) but it will not let me 

I have read oodles of posts but cannot figure out what bulb is required and if you need to take off the bumper or not.

Any advice would be appreciated and sorry if it is obvious.
You are talking about the corner light.

it will come on at low speed below 13mph iirc when you indicate or turn the steering wheel, also both will come on when you put the car into reverse. the bulbs are H11, I wouldn't advise putting LEDs in like I did your end up getting errors every now and again.

Here's a video of mine

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(28:th-Aug-2017, 07:22:54)Rusty2009 Wrote: You are talking about the corner light.

it will come on at low speed below 13mph iirc when you indicate or turn the steering wheel, also both will come on when you put the car into reverse. the bulbs are H11, I wouldn't advise putting LEDs in like I did your end up getting errors every now and again.

Here's a video of mine

Hi Rusty, in your video the light that comes on is the inside light on the drivers side only.  I assume that is the corner light you are talking about?

In my case it is the one on the other side that is out, the drivers side "inside light was on".

Just popped out just now:

1 turned headlights on (manual switch)
2 turned on indicator and turned wheel to that side

Did this on each side and the inside light did not come on either side.  According to the manual cornering light should be available if headlight is switched to manual.

I think I will wait till tonight and check under low light conditions again.

Last night the drivers side cornering light was on (wheels straight and no indicator on) but the nearside was not "hence my confusion"

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has my Astra-J got a selective bulb failure warning system? Big Dave2 7 5,169 12:th-Apr-2023, 11:22:56
Last Post: phlyer
  Rear light problem Dan1992 7 13,154 12:th-Jan-2019, 22:34:33
Last Post: Willcbrbikeboy
  Rear driving light not working kippax 1 6,694 18:th-Nov-2018, 09:34:39
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Lighting problem on exit AlanMac 17 8,568 27:th-Nov-2017, 12:46:03
Last Post: Big Dave2
  problem Headlights Astra J bosto 2 4,932 1:st-Mar-2017, 11:59:30
Last Post: bosto
  HID problem McGill2009 8 6,170 16:th-Oct-2016, 10:53:57
Last Post: tucpal
  Another bulb question McGill2009 4 4,213 27:th-Sep-2016, 07:11:35