Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
problem j gtc lighting astra sri

Astra j gtc sri lighting problem
I have a astra gtc sri 13 plate and last night I got a message on the display . check right front indicator lamp .

So I swapped over the build from left to right to see if it was build at fault and the right side still didn't work then I noticed the side indicator at wheel arch wasnt working either

Anyone any ideas plz
check the side one and see if that is working
Ok m8 gave it a check swapped the 2 repeater builbs round and still nothing so all the builbs are working but still getting message in car and the drivers front and repeater indicators are not working but both back indicators are fine
In that case check the dude

Fuse not dude
Ok mate wot fuse is it

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

There nothing on the book for indicator fuse

I had a look at fuse number 2 and 3 they look ok

Try spraying abit of wd40 in the plug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Lol ok m8 seems abit strange im getting a hold of a volt meter so might fix it yet

Do ye think if one of the indictors would effect the other strange both front near side are out tho

Problem is it could be anything from a fuse to broken wire, I'll get the wiring info for you.

But I'd try a squirt of WD40 and a clean in case it's a dirty contact.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Ok m8 ill give it a shot raging with it just got it last sept so dont think evan halshaw would accomidate me now

Here go mate,

This will also tell you what fuse's are used too.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ok m8 thanks alot in work the now will have a look when i finish cheers

God not looked at this diagram stuff since uni do ye think fuse labeled 34 is the culprit

Ok i looked at the diagram with no joy then i decided to try every fuse in the glove compartment pulled ever one in and out and none of the indecators were affected were is the fuses for the dam things

Fuse's are 8,2,9 & 19 and they are in glovebox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
If the fuse was out would the full side of indicators be out i and i pulled they fuses out aswell and none of my indicators went out this ia a head pickler

When i pulled fuse 9 out it said on display check brake lights lol i got a feeling im goin to be out alot of cash m8

Fuse 8 does front left and left repeater.

Fuse 2 does rear left.

Fuse 9 does front right and right repeater.

Fuse 19 does rear right.

The fuses also control other items it has been known for a fuse to look good but one side could be dead, I'd say swap out the fuses for new ones, have you tried a sriqut of WD40 & a clean on the holder (scrap the metal contacts)?

If they don't work you'd need to go through a diag process of which I'll get you tomorrow.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ok m8 i looked at fuse 9 when i pulled it out it said check back break light i havent sprayed the sockets with wd tho as they looked clean and sound

thanks for yer help tho i have a neighbour thats a auto mechanic he said he will look at it for me just thot i could have sorted it without much expense

Do you think i could resolve it myself or pissing into the wind lol

It really depends what it is we can guide you but without the car it's hard to diagnose the fault.

It really could be anything as I said before so it really is a process of elimination.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Is the rear indactor working?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ye mate

Rear indicator is fine mught be a dead plug for builbs

Circuit/System Verification

Ignition ON, observe the scan tool Right Turn Signal Switch parameter and Left Turn Signal Switch parameter while cycling the S78 Turn Signal/Multifunction Switch between the left and right positions. The readings should toggle between ACTIVE and INACTIVE.

If the readings do not change between the commanded states, refer to Turn Signal Switch Malfunction. If the readings change between the commanded states and the instrument cluster turn signal indicators are inoperative, refer to Turn Signal Indicators Malfunction.
Circuit/System Testing

Turn Signal Switch Malfunction
1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the S78 Turn Signal/Multifunction Switch.

2. Verify that a test lamp illuminates between B+ and the ground circuit terminal 3.

⇒ If the test lamp does not illuminate, test the ground circuit for an open/high resistance.

3. Ignition ON, verify the scan tool Left Turn Signal Switch parameter is INACTIVE.

⇒ If not the specified value, test the signal circuit terminal 1 for a short to ground. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K9 Body Control Module.

4. Verify the scan tool Right Turn Signal Switch parameter is INACTIVE.

⇒ If not the specified value, test the signal circuit terminal 7 for a short to ground. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K9 Body Control Module.

5. Install a 3 A fused jumper wire between the signal circuit terminal 1 and ground. Verify the scan tool Left Turn Signal Switch parameter is ACTIVE.

⇒ If not the specified value, test the signal circuit for a short to voltage or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K9 Body Control Module.

6. Install a 3 A fused jumper wire between the signal circuit terminal 7 and ground. Verify the scan tool Right Turn Signal Switch parameter is ACTIVE.

⇒ If not the specified value, test the signal circuit for a short to voltage or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K9 Body Control Module.

7. If all circuits test normal, test or replace the S78 Turn Signal/Multifunction Switch.

Turn Signal Lamps Malfunction
1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the inoperative turn signal lamp.

2. Disconnect the negative terminal of the C1 Battery.

3. Test for less than 5.0 Ω between the appropriate ground circuit terminal listed below and ground.

• E4RF Turn Signal Lamp - Right Front ground circuit harness connector terminal B

• E4Z Turn Signal Repeater Lamp - Right ground circuit harness connector terminal 1

• E4LF Turn Signal Lamp - Left Front ground circuit harness connector terminal B

• E4Y Turn Signal Repeater Lamp - Left ground circuit harness connector terminal 1

• E42R Tail Lamp Assembly - Right ground circuit harness connector terminal C

• E42L Tail Lamp Assembly - Left ground circuit harness connector terminal B

⇒ If greater than the specified range, test the ground circuit for an open/high resistance.

4. Reconnect the negative terminal of the C1 Battery.

5. Connect a test lamp between the appropriate control circuit terminal listed below and ground.

• E4RF Turn Signal Lamp - Right Front circuit harness connector terminal A

• E4Z Turn Signal Repeater Lamp - Right circuit harness connector terminal 2

• E4LF Turn Signal Lamp - Left Front circuit harness connector terminal A

• E4Y Turn Signal Repeater Lamp - Left circuit harness connector terminal 2

• E42R Tail Lamp Assembly - Right Turn Signal Lamp circuit harness connector terminal B

• E42L Tail Lamp Assembly - Left Turn Signal Lamp circuit harness connector terminal C

6. Command the appropriate Turn Signal Lamp ON and OFF with a scan tool. The test lamp should turn ON and OFF when changing between the commanded states.

⇒ If the test lamp is always ON, test the control circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K9 Body Control Module.

⇒ If the test lamp is always OFF, test the control circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K9 Body Control Module.

7. If all circuits test normal, replace the appropriate turn signal lamp assembly.

Turn Signal Indicators Malfunction
Ignition ON, command the All Indicators test ON and OFF with the scan tool, verify both turn signal indicators changes between turn ON and OFF.

If both turn signal indicators changes between illuminate and not illuminate during the test, replace the K9 Body Control Module. If one or both turn signal indicators do not illuminate during the test or remain illuminated at all times, replace the P16 Instrument Cluster.
Component Testing

Turn Signal Switch
1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the S78 Turn Signal/Multifunction Switch.

2. Test for infinite resistance between the signal circuit terminal 1 and the ground terminal 3.

⇒ If less than the specified value, replace the S78 Turn Signal/Multifunction Switch.

3. Push the signal/multifunction switch in the turn left position, test for less than 5 Ω between signal terminal 1 and ground terminal 3.

⇒ If greater than the specified value, replace the S78 Turn Signal/Multifunction Switch.

4. Test for infinite resistance between the signal circuit terminal 7 and the ground terminal 3.

⇒ If less than the specified value, replace the S78 Turn Signal/Multifunction Switch.

5. Push the signal/multifunction switch in the turn right position, test for less than 5 Ω between signal terminal 7 and ground terminal 3.

⇒ If greater than the specified value, replace the S78 Turn Signal/Multifunction Switch.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Do your 4 ways work(hazards)? If fuses are ok maybe the BCM has had a hiccup try removing the battery for 30mins to allow the BCM to fully reset
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers rusty2009 ill need to look throw wot ye have put up m8 theres alot there lol

Cornishtaz no the hazard come on fine all over apart from repeater and near side front do ye think removing the battery would still work then and would it wipe anything else like radio code or sommit cheers

It may work I've of a few issues that have been cured using this process.

The J doesn't require any codes for the radio.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ok m8 well i think ive had a small result misses just off the phone to evans halshaw and its still in waranty till august this year so booked it in for a health check next week and a free diagnostic check

Do ye think thats my best bet lads

Deffo mate get everything you can out of them
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They said they will do all of that and if wot wrong is covered in waranty they will fix it

To me it should be covered as its not realy wear and tear us it ?

Should be covered, different matter if it was a bulb or fuse but does sound like bigger issue thst should be covered.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ye i was thinking that m8 just need to watch using it now to next wednesday

Id imagine the dia check would bring anything up thats wrong

Normally when an indicator bulb goes the rest would flash faster so sounds like a BCM issue
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ye its a strange one when the indicator is put on the flashing is ok as in not faster then after a couple of second it says check builb then flashes quicker

Strange hopefully Evans will sort it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ye m8 hopefully i have to say a big thatnks for rusty2009 and cornishtaz for all the help

No probs that's what we're all here for
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I know this is off topic but do you have a gtc

I used to have a Sri CDTi GTC then moved onto a VXR now have a Astra K SRi Nav CDTi.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How was it moving from a vxr to the astra k speed wise

Big difference but no difference in my commute time just means I can't pass long queues of traffic, plus side is I'm saving £200 per month
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ye m8 i hear ye i had a astra mk5 1.4 before good we runner but when i got the asta gtc sri 2.0 it was night and day and im saving money on tax and diesle and it can pull me out of bed to lol

Right guys quick update took car To Evan halshaw there full day went to pick it back up mechanic said He didn't have a clue wot it was need to take it to Peter Vardy after 2 days There and a new module still not working ended up on third day A loose wire lol so fixed after 3 weeks

Oh ye misses out in the car tonight driving with auto lights on came to dark Country Road put full beams on and its stopped my xenon lights working on auto really word Going on full beems still work but know need to put headlight on manually now wtf

that does not sound like they have a clue what the fault is
unfortunate problem but you will have to take it back
some thing is very wrong
Oh forgot to post back with my findings It ended up a piece of oily dirt was on the windscreen covering the light sensor duhhh.....

Haha never mind at least you got there and sorted it out
Ye m8 Thank god

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lighting power issue phlyer 1 2,443 10:th-May-2023, 23:41:47
Last Post: phlyer
  Has my Astra-J got a selective bulb failure warning system? Big Dave2 7 5,193 12:th-Apr-2023, 11:22:56
Last Post: phlyer
  astra drl fuse or relays?? steveh 1 4,310 27:th-Jun-2021, 18:41:11
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Changing DRLs on 2015 Astra J GTC VXR SGR32 3 5,047 22:nd-Feb-2021, 07:56:26
Last Post: Rusty2009
Astra J LED DRL Headlights Question Baz22 2 5,726 19:th-Oct-2020, 14:27:04
Last Post: Baz22
  Astra j no indicator lights? Any help pls Winston 1 6,851 29:th-Mar-2020, 09:43:57
  Rear light problem Dan1992 7 13,174 12:th-Jan-2019, 22:34:33
Last Post: Willcbrbikeboy
  Wonky lighting and other behaviour umognog 3 4,969 5:th-Jul-2018, 06:52:33
  Lighting problem on exit AlanMac 17 8,648 27:th-Nov-2017, 12:46:03
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J 2012 5 door HEADLIGHT + SIDELIGHT BULBS LukeAstra15 17 14,683 7:th-Oct-2017, 08:02:02
Last Post: umognog

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
greg848484 (22:nd-Mar-2024, 19:53:30)