VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: AFL basic problem (bulb not working)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just been out to check the AFL on my astra (had it a month but never been out in the dark ;-) )

Everything seemed to work AOK apart from the fact the main Beam Assist does not work as quick as I can do on my own (a few people flashed me :-( )  No worries on that score.

When I got back I had a look at the lights and found that one of them was not "on".  I is on the nearside.

It is the one nearest the grill - I have tried to attach a JPEG (only 228KB) but it will not let me 

I have read oodles of posts but cannot figure out what bulb is required and if you need to take off the bumper or not.

Any advice would be appreciated and sorry if it is obvious.
You are talking about the corner light.

it will come on at low speed below 13mph iirc when you indicate or turn the steering wheel, also both will come on when you put the car into reverse. the bulbs are H11, I wouldn't advise putting LEDs in like I did your end up getting errors every now and again.

Here's a video of mine

(28:th-Aug-2017, 07:22:54)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]You are talking about the corner light.

it will come on at low speed below 13mph iirc when you indicate or turn the steering wheel, also both will come on when you put the car into reverse. the bulbs are H11, I wouldn't advise putting LEDs in like I did your end up getting errors every now and again.

Here's a video of mine

Hi Rusty, in your video the light that comes on is the inside light on the drivers side only.  I assume that is the corner light you are talking about?

In my case it is the one on the other side that is out, the drivers side "inside light was on".

Just popped out just now:

1 turned headlights on (manual switch)
2 turned on indicator and turned wheel to that side

Did this on each side and the inside light did not come on either side.  According to the manual cornering light should be available if headlight is switched to manual.

I think I will wait till tonight and check under low light conditions again.

Last night the drivers side cornering light was on (wheels straight and no indicator on) but the nearside was not "hence my confusion"

Thanks