Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
signal no radio android on headunit

No radio signal on android headunit
Hi,

I have just replaced my cd400 with an android head unit from iceboxauto. Everyhthing is working great but can't tune radio, just searches but does not find any stations.

The cd400 had no signal issues. Does the DAB/FM antenna work for normal FM?

Thanks
Contact Rob at Icebox he send you a new part @Tonto i think will be able to tell you more
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hi @scotchmist67

You need to add an amplified radio antenna booster, if you email Rob and he will let you know which one. He sent me one however it's only marginally improved then signal to the point I don't use the radio still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I sent him an email. Bank holiday so will be next week before I get a reply.

I also had usb but this doesn't work anymore, do I need to cut the wires and connect it to the usb port on the back of the unit.

Thanks for your help.
No don't cut the wires there is a look that connects to factory aux and USB that comes with M072.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Tonto,

I bought the B5549 it has standard USB port on the back, i don't have blue USB wire you have pictured but do have the AUX. I'm going to but a PC5-137 for radio from halfords only £9.99, when i fit this i will get a photo of the back.

Thanks
I cannot believe that Icebox can supply a unit that has such poor radio signal. It's built for astra 5dr and gtc and yet so many people have issues with the radio.
Bought the amplifier from Halfords and still no signal, it's getting 11.5v through the ant wire so should be ok.

When connecting multimeter to antenna plug suprise surprise radio came through, cracking a lot though. It,s also getting its 12v through the radio so no need for the halfords amplifier. Put original radio back to make sure it is ok and it's clear all channels are good.
I replaced my CD400 with an M072 (S160) unit I bought from Icebox. I could only get one FM station.
I emailed Rob who told me that some aerials were amplified and needed a 12v feed. This is what I found on another post as well showing which wires needed to get the feed to and hey presto........ good strong signal and all stations found . The post worth looking at is here https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-M07...8#pid41978
Hi Burnsy

I connected the amplifier wire from the antenna to the blue ant wire on the back of the unit, it was giving out 11.5v and still no stations

I connected the amplifier wire to the 12v no stations

When I disconnected the antenna from the original loom and touched the multimeter on the centre pin the station came on and it shows 11.5v through the antenna.

Does the 12v need to go to the antenna or does it need to go back to the original block.

I took photos but they are not showing properly.

Thanks

(30:th-Apr-2017, 10:19:17)scotchmist67 Wrote: Hi Burnsy

I connected the amplifier wire from the antenna to the blue ant wire on the back of the unit, it was giving out 11.5v and still no stations

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q731...sezxck.jpg

I connected the amplifier wire to the 12v no stations

When I disconnected the antenna from the original loom and touched the multimeter on the centre pin the station came on and it shows 11.5v through the antenna.

Does the 12v need to go to the antenna or does it need to go back to the original block.

I took photos but they are not showing properly.

Thanks
I spliced the yellow wire on the original block and attached a bridging wire from that to the green and yellow wire to the wiring connector that goes into the block.. if you look at the picture in the link I sent the first pic the yellow wire on the left hand side, and the pic underneath you can see the green, yellow wire.
Its the wiring harness that connects together that has the issue which is why you need to bridge from one to another and not to the antenna if that makes sense !! Ps have a good read of the text in the pic as well .. fingers crossed you are nearly there
Thanks Burnsy, where the pic shows a missing wire I have a blue wire connected called ant and it has 11.5v but it's not connected to the main block, I will connect this to the green wire as in the pic. Hopefully that's it.
Hi Burnsy, connected it as you said. All stations tuning now. Thanks for the link.

Now to get USB connection working.

Thanks
Regards the USB......The M072 unit comes with the wire block to connect to the factory fitted USB ( the facia that has USB 12V Socket and Aux. Your unit doesn't have this wiring to connect it to. The USB cable only has 4 wires, if it was me I would cut the USB cable that was supplied with your unit, cut your USB cable that is connected to the cars original USB socked and solder them together and that should sort out the USB. I'm sure this would work for you.......
New issue I have just noticed. Since connecting the antenna correctly the indicator speaker has gone very quiet, Can only just hear it when it's at my ear. Is there a way to increase the volume on these.

Thanks
New issue I have just noticed. Since connecting the antenna correctly the indicator speaker has gone very quiet, Can only just hear it when it's at my ear. Is there a way to increase the volume on these.

Thanks
Sorted found the setting to increase the chime volume. Also made a usb cable using 4 pin DuPont connector so now that's working.

Just reverse camera and I will be finished.
Happy days, I bought a reversing cam that replaces the number plate light. I took the plastic part off the rear of the inside of the boot and there is a large rubber grommet with wires coming through it on the left. Now, if you take this grommet out and cut into it, enough to get the camera wires through and feed them down. I thought I had to poke the cable from the grommet to the light that I took out but after faffing around for ages I found that If you get underneath the bumper, you should be able to see the wires on your right.
So whichever camera you are installing you can take it from there.
I pushed the wiring underneath the passenger side trim, up under the glove box, couple of cable ties to hold it and then to the back of the unit. Job done...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Navi 900 to Android head unit airainchoc 1 1,750 2:nd-Jul-2023, 09:03:15
Last Post: Rusty2009
  installing Android radio in Astra J Sports Tourer Amir Khezri 23 25,435 23:rd-Jun-2023, 10:28:40
Last Post: airainchoc
  Using existing dab aerial on android unit , pawex 19 8,411 15:th-Jul-2020, 07:09:08
Last Post: pawex
  Radio DAB - Not available mwryo 12 5,204 14:th-Jun-2020, 20:09:32
Aftermarket Headunit with Infinty System tez162003 3 2,951 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:37:37
  Radio Flick19191 1 3,910 20:th-Nov-2019, 18:20:41
  Radio Flick19191 0 3,580 7:th-Oct-2019, 19:28:30
Last Post: Flick19191
  How to upgrade car radio? David Lee 1 3,755 5:th-Jul-2018, 06:44:01