Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
dab radio not available

Radio DAB - Not available
Hi,

Abit of a weird one, my DAB was working perfect yesterday, I noticed when I turned my car on earlier that the DAB radio didn't come on, I can click the numbers I have set for favourites, It doesn't do anything. 

Sometimes it says DAB not available. 

Will I need a whole need radio?
Dab is usually a separate module. I'm guessing the radio is seeing the module as it's letting you go into it so possible it's not dab module. It could be an aerial issue. Depending on model some use heated rear window as your aerial with a couple of modules attached , if the rear window is really dirty it could struggle for signal or an aerial module maybe faulty.
I think a diagnostic would be in order just to see. I'm sure others will be on soon that could perhaps throw in a bit more advice. Could even be dab module needs software update.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Jp, do you know how I can access the modules attached to the rear window?
Do you know we're the dab aerial is?
What car is it you have?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Gtc I see

There you go

I would agree with John but wouldn't like say 100% without being able to see it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Needs diag, you throw a few bits at it and it still not work. But always worth checking for loose connection.

My Dab sometimes doesn't work, just as described above, OK on the drive to shops, doesn't work when I return to car and drive home. Just AM and FM as options.
Go out later all ok, this happens in both my J tourers, also Dab reception just goes says Dab not available - I've just put it down to atmospherics etc,
but I guess it could be wiring or similar, but on both my cars? Dunno?
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
Can you send the link or send what you googled to bring up that diagram you posted?
I have access to parts catalogue, so you need logins to see that.

Made it bigger in case it helps

Items 10 and 11 on yours

https://vauxhall.7zap.com/en/car/

Could try that

Thanks, I cant see any screws for the rear quarter panel nor the section of the boot lid
It's not that detailed really

The aerials are in your side windows

pop the kick panel screw under there.

Pop off the top bit (where seat-belt is) screw behind there (not sure there are any more as that was enough to get me access to where I needed to be on the GTC.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  installing Android radio in Astra J Sports Tourer Amir Khezri 23 25,423 23:rd-Jun-2023, 10:28:40
Last Post: airainchoc
  Radio Flick19191 1 3,901 20:th-Nov-2019, 18:20:41
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Radio Flick19191 0 3,573 7:th-Oct-2019, 19:28:30
Last Post: Flick19191
  How to upgrade car radio? David Lee 1 3,735 5:th-Jul-2018, 06:44:01
Last Post: Rusty2009
  No radio signal on android headunit scotchmist67 17 12,362 3:rd-May-2017, 19:13:08
Last Post: burnsy