Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to lights how puddle

How to Puddle Lights

How to Puddle Lights.

This guide only covers the passenger door as the drivers door was the trail run.

The first thing you need to do is look at the below how-to's

How-to Remove Door Card

How-to Remove Glovebox

How-to Footwell Lighting

So you've removed the glove box and the the door card.

You then need to remove the speaker just one 7mm bolt.

If you want a bit more room just undo the door stay

and you beloved car should look like it's in pieces.

Next we need to get the rubber off the body which covers the door/body loom connection plug.

there is a little clip on top and bottom just release the top clip.

Next will need to pull the rubber out of the door

Next remove some of the tape around the bottom ot the rubber

Then using something strong and stiff you need to feed it though the rubber.

Attach the two wires you are going to use for the lights and pull it back though

Cut the black cable tie off the connector block

Then you use the pins in any empty block but make a note of which slots you've pick (push the pink tab up from the bottom to put the pins in)

Re Tape the rubber and run down I taped it to follow the speaker.

Next you need to get the connector out of the body and into the car (I couldn't get any pictures as it's well hidden)

There is a block of foam in front of this which needs to come out in order to get the block out

Once It's out you can start adding pins into the right slots so it matches the door side.

Then you can put the connector back.

then put the door loom back and connect them back up

Once you have done that make sure the bottom of the door is clean and dry use pre paint or hot soapy water and then stick the light to the bottom of the door

Then you need a 20mm Gromit slip it over the wire on the light and then into the drain hole

Then you can join the cables up I soldered and heat shrinked mine.

The wires you placed into the car can be connected into the Footwell wiring or however you want to do it.

End results

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
well done rusty they look very good.
nice mate good job well done
looks great, saw something similar on ebay a while back but thought it might be too much work.
VAUXHALL LED CAR LOGO GHOST SHADOW LIGHT DOOR LIGHT LAMP 2 BULB SET HID - GSL179 | eBay
Thats different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gatch Wrote:looks great, saw something similar on ebay a while back but thought it might be too much work.
VAUXHALL LED CAR LOGO GHOST SHADOW LIGHT DOOR LIGHT LAMP 2 BULB SET HID - GSL179 | eBay

they would wire up the same way
i also like them
but you do have to drill a hole in the bottom of the door card to get the little projectors in place
but the above how to will help you loads and wont be that much different.
Yeah I saw them got put off by them having to drill, didn't think of putting them in the door cards, you could place the strip light on the door card as well and that would save rubber grommet.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
good job rusty! allways great ideas.

thank you
This looks great, but it is to much wiring for me
4 doors and all....

Were there any development to make this a bit easier?!

Thanks!
hallo.can you tell to me the wire cable for puddle lights frond and rear?i want to put puddle lights in my Car.i want puddle lights opening than the door is open,and close than the door is close.thanks
(10:th-Aug-2016, 00:40:41)blacknik Wrote: hallo.can you tell to me the wire cable for puddle lights frond and rear?i want to put puddle lights in my Car.i want puddle lights opening than the door is open,and close than the door is close.thanks

I wired mine into the footwell lighting via courtesy light, this way the lights come only come on when unlock the car or open a door.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks rusty!
I'm looking for someone to put the puddle lights and ambient red led lights into my Astra J. All costs covered including your time. Any help?
Damn none of the images seem to work anymore..
Can this be fixed? Very interested in this mod for this winter!
(9:th-Oct-2017, 14:03:08)rlievens Wrote: Damn none of the images seem to work anymore..

All fixed.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:
rlievens Wrote:Damn none of the images seem to work anymore..

All fixed.

Awesome, thank you Rusty.

How are these holding up for you? They still stick to the door nicely and without any dead leds?
Yes still working 100% fine no dead leds and still well stuck.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
More stupid questions before I go pulling the door connector apart:

When you are using empty slots, is there spare pins already there for crimping? If not, can you advise what size/type to get?

||Sent based on the twin scientific principles of star maths and wishy thinking.||
No there isn't you would need to buy them.

These are what I use (not Delphi but do the job for small wire).

Male
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/7181263/

Female
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/7199374/
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ah perfect. I have thousands of Dupont crimps which should substitute just fine

Thank you.

||Sent based on the twin scientific principles of star maths and wishy thinking.||
Do these fit the housing well enough rusty?
If they're available in 1.5-2.5mm² I might change them over for my speaker wires.
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
(6:th-Nov-2017, 14:33:12)zzattack Wrote: Do these fit the housing well enough rusty?
If they're available in 1.5-2.5mm² I might change them over for my speaker wires.

Yes fit like Delphi ones.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Well damn, nice find!!
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to ambient door lights tucpal 214 121,405 28:th-Mar-2021, 00:48:32
Last Post: Benk91
  how to install FOOT WELL LIGHTS tucpal 136 73,676 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:00:17
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Super Bright Boot Lights sheppy1 26 20,024 12:th-Nov-2020, 17:54:59
Last Post: Arkanggel10
  How to fit courtesy lights in mirrors kyle-astra-j 21 16,625 18:th-Feb-2018, 06:15:13
Last Post: Leigh0274
  Upgrading Fog lights on J 5 door GarethMyers14 4 8,303 17:th-Nov-2017, 02:25:38
Last Post: sanj424
  HOW TO LED TAIL LIGHTS tucpal 31 23,124 24:th-Oct-2017, 12:29:02
Last Post: Grimo72
  how to upgrade interior lights to SMD LED tucpal 91 50,085 2:nd-Aug-2016, 13:42:21
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
4 User(s) read this thread:
MrDjArMz (16:th-May-2023, 13:03:52), johndoe.24 (28:th-Oct-2023, 12:04:15), spukemonkey (8:th-May-2023, 16:20:35), Dominattor (16:th-Oct-2023, 23:17:29)