Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Tags
fold fit retro mirrors power

POWER FOLD MIRRORS retro fit
It sounds like Turkish.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I would say you would need to make some sort of module that will include,

A timer (this would need to have an adjustable setting as well).
12v constant power feed
12V ignition feed
Ground
Reverse input
Mirror up Output
Mirror up input
Mirror Down output
Mirror Down input
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
with an arduido its possible to do it, but want a cheap and simple solution lol
Came across this

£141 shipped.

Bit on the expensive side if you ask me.

http://www.kptechnologies.com/products.php#/13
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
well an arduino its cheaper than that...

but that expensive is for both mirrors, i think this is only needed on the passenger side
I found a cheap way to do this but it needs some more test to be donne .

[video=youtube;JttYpRQ7T54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JttYpRQ7T54&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Looks good mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
that is looking promising
you just have now to replace the switch with the power on of the reverse light or something like that...

nice work pal
After a lot of test and adjustment with the module i manage to make it work , but it has some problems with the adjustment of the mirror when the car is working and when the car is not working , so im working on a new module .

[video=youtube;7tHyY7qgs5s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tHyY7qgs5s[/video]
Looking good

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Awesome work mate, cant wait for this to be Able to use :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this mod should be factory because its so usefull...

keep up
top work
Lol yea it should be let us know when its ready as i need a module still as rustys old one didnt work in my car :-/

What kind of problems do you have Z8083?
Iam still thinking of set up such a module, but I don´t want to make it time based.
I will try to use a reference. The reason is simple: If you move the mirror manually with your fingers,
all the time based functions will no more work for the new position. That´s why I did not set up
such a module already.

If anyone have some ideas, just let me know, I will try to figure it out.

Jens
My module is based on a simple timer circuit with transistors but I get different times because of different current when car is charging the battery same problem as kp module also in quick reverse mirror loose adjustment so delay must be add, I think only time based module is our solution to keep the module cost low I don't know yet my free time is to limited my mind has stuck. Jens your idea is like memory mirrors but I think memory mirrors have double wires for axis .
Hi Mate,

yes, the time based solution is the only solution. I found out that the mirrors of the Astra didn´t have a 5V reference signal,
thats why you won´t get memory seats for the Astra. The Insignia mirrors still deliver the 5V reference. With this reference
it is very easy to set the mirror 100% onto the right position.

Iam thinking of a module with microcontroller and a current sense circuit. It must have a balance counter for up/down (like a fader).
For example the highest position have 2048, the center 1024 and the lowest position 0. It must also count when you do a manuel
setup of the mirrors with the switch for up/down. I believe this all would not be the big problem. The only problem will be if
you change the position of the mirror manually (without the switch), for example when cleaning the glas or while ice scraping.

If I will do a circuit it would be mounted near the mirror switch, because all wires you need are over there.
Whats the price expected to be of the V2?
I will share the circuit diagram for free , after test and if everything is working fine . I'm not making this for massive production or money it's just my hobby and a small contribution to this amazing forum .

Ps: the price for materials I think it would be from 20 to 25 euros max .
looking good and thanks for the info you look like your getting this sorted
keep up the good work
I once had the privilege of driving an Aston Martin (sadly not permanentley). When you put it in reverse the left hand mirror goes down so you can see the kerb when reversing. When you took it out of reverse, the mirror returned to the original position. Something I've always thought was a great idea.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Nice mate :-) cant wait for this, will deffo be placing an order :-)

Sorry to dig up an older thread, anyone got any idea where I can get the folding mirrors? I'm assuming my standard mirrors don't already have the motors to make them fold in

Best place to look is eBay or local scrap yard

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers, had a gander on eBay and its short of £200 for the pair, gonna try a scrappies and see what they've got.

Remember that if/when you fit them, they don't close when you press the lock button. There is a module available for around £50 which makes them fold in when the car is locked but I'm not sure they work with retro fit.

£200 is about the right going rate
Module works with retrofit too still all wires up the same.

As Tucpal has said it's about right go and ask a dealer how much they want (make sure someone is behind you to to catch you.)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ahhh, that's good to know. I might get myself one of those modules.

There's so much that I want to do, but everything costs £££! I think I'll have a remap next.

Me and you both. My biggest one I want is an xp kit but getting a genuine one is like hens teeth. I think going to have to build it up slowly piece by piece

What about the vx kit or an irmscher kit, plenty of those around

I mean the Vauxhall kit. Maybe it's not called the xp pack anymore I don't know. Irmscher you say... This has got my attention lol. Tell me more

Have a gander at this mate

http://irmscher-direct.co.uk/40-exterior-styling

Or buy the set here but they don't include the sills

https://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/Irmscher-S...tra-J.html

Or here but I don't think this one is irmscher

http://www.vauxhallsuperstore.co.uk/cate...aturedDesc

Oh god the price

Haha, yeah there is that

I've got a seller who doesn't know if the mirrors he has for sale are motorised or not, how can he tell?

Id imagine more wires going into them

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk

Id say they look standard going on the cable but i could be wrong! Ask him to fold them in. If they make a loud clicking noise, almost like they're snapping it could indicate they are power mirrors.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
The mirror plug would have 7 wires if there the folding type
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers guys

Hi im looking to do this mod just quick question how does the cable from the body loom connector feed back into the door as its all sealed and if you make a hole in it water is going get in and the wires trapped as the door closes didnt show how it was done on the photos ive probably missed something.
You fit all the pins into the plug so it's still waterproof.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(5:th-Feb-2016, 16:28:18)Rusty2009 Wrote: You fit all the pins into the plug so it's still waterproof.

Sorry i meant once you have connected to the body loom closed the pink connector then were does the cable go do you feed down with all the other wires into the door as it looks sealed thats the bit im not sure on.
you just make a pinhole and feed the wires through the rubber boot
the seal with glue just make sure the small holes are facing down
never had any issues with this as the tiny holes are inside the door

(5:th-Feb-2016, 18:05:31)tucpal Wrote: you just make a pinhole and feed the wires through the rubber boot
the seal with glue just make sure the small holes are facing down
never had any issues with this as the tiny holes are inside the door

I get it now will be easier when i come to actually do it thanks for all replies and help
do the pins on the body loom connector just push in as i am in the middle of this retrofit ive checked they are the right way round they go half way in and stop i cannot get them to push right in cheers

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DAB retro fit for cars with the CD 400 tucpal 203 108,404 13:th-Mar-2021, 13:20:56
Last Post: Morpheus75
  DAB retro fit for cars with the cd500 and 600 tucpal 112 205,972 2:nd-Feb-2021, 12:20:02
Last Post: Bernie2021
  AUTO DIM ANTI DAZZLE REAR VIEW MIRROR retro fit tucpal 72 47,769 4:th-Aug-2019, 18:26:52
Last Post: KKEVANSKK
  Retrofit Rear Power point 5 door Astra J Ballinlea 3 11,680 20:th-Mar-2019, 18:13:44
Last Post: Rusty2009
  USB factory retro fit tucpal 20 26,169 13:th-Jan-2018, 12:12:55
Last Post: marcus01

Who read this thread?
12 User(s) read this thread:
Rusty2009 (11:th-Apr-2024, 19:32:43), Arkanggel10 (2:nd-May-2023, 19:12:06), milozic (6:th-Apr-2024, 17:57:33), hippoo (16:th-Jan-2024, 18:23:21), madgerald1974 (9:th-Sep-2023, 17:17:51), Farkask14 (3:rd-Nov-2023, 21:59:45), Apotetyk (5:th-May-2023, 22:42:16), M.Duman (28:th-May-2023, 00:06:28), Dominattor (4:th-Sep-2023, 01:19:03), mc92661 (13:th-Sep-2023, 20:49:46), iNeoTom (28:th-Feb-2024, 08:16:16), OnurBenk (15:th-Feb-2024, 20:01:32)