Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
spare wheel no of the joy

The joy of no spare wheel....

I'll say nothing more at this point other than, scrap the foam get a spare!

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Oh dear
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Is it a big puncture hole?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Hit a pothole mate and it blew the tyre out! Spoke to the council this morning who will send me a claim for.

This was the bugger!

How did you not see it? it's big enough
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Hahaha @rusty2009

Were you trying to drift round a roundabout..??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I genuinely don't know. It was quarter to 11 so that's my excuse.

Haha @tonto don't think the derv is drift material

Haha nope not really
I'm lucky I have spare wheel! Didn't know it was optional until after I bought car (was 2nd hand of course).

I looked on ebay and they're selling an entire kit for £216

Oh wow that's rather expensive! Well hopefully council compensate you for that nasty pothole! That's shocking!

@bhalay207 found this one mate
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...ID=EBAY-GB

That's better priced. Honestly, it frustrates me that some big wigs at Vauxhall thought it was a good idea to take the option of a tyre away... Idiots!

I think it's disgusting, something as standard as a spare wheel! They don't care about the car industry they only care about lining their own pockets.

It not only done for cost saving it's also done to lose weight.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Its mad though, something that is so useful they remove for cost and weight saving measures.
It's also not only VX seems that most manufacturers have followed suit with the ditching of the spare wheel.

It can work out pretty inconvenient at times :(
Definitely!

So after this minor issue near on 12 weeks ago, the council have just agreed to compensate me and are sending me a cheque for the costs incurred.

According to their claims management company, it's the longest time he's ever seen a pothole stay unrepaired for. Apparently the council were notified back in 2013 and they gave a repair time of 28 days.... Well done Staffs County Council!

well done for claiming not many do hope it covers the cost
Yeah it covered all of the costs. I was apprehensive as to whether it would even be considered but it just goes to show

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steering wheel angle, esp, power Steering smoky-jr 3 2,604 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:23:26
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  Broken wheel stud Euroshopper 1 1,679 6:th-Oct-2020, 07:08:18
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Steering wheel from Astra K foxydimsi 2 3,438 1:st-Oct-2020, 06:49:56
  GTC limited edition alloy wheel paint code Nathan191210 5 3,301 1:st-Aug-2020, 19:22:43
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  2017 GTC Limited edition - Front wheel noise Nathan191210 4 2,649 12:th-Jul-2020, 07:37:10
  space saver wheel Gary13 5 3,523 24:th-May-2020, 19:02:57
Last Post: Gary13
  Squeak when turning steering wheel Rusty2009 12 11,021 12:th-Sep-2019, 21:45:35
Last Post: Boycey1969
  Lowering and wheel spacers twinpipes 1 2,520 28:th-Jul-2019, 08:43:33
  Astra VXR heated steering wheel THEHITMAN 26 15,366 10:th-Mar-2019, 09:34:44
  Complete Astra J wheel nut set for sale richardhmorgan1 1 3,232 4:th-Jul-2018, 18:05:30