Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
in steering wheel noise feeling

Noise/ feeling in steering wheel
Just been driving and when turning at about 5mph going to pro I heard a weird noise and felt it through steering wheel. Can't really describe it but worried me.

Anyone have any idea what this could be, maybe fluid needs topped up or tyre pressure checked?

Also I thought I may have damaged a spring (drivers side) the other day when I hit a pothole but car has been fine. Hope nothing is damages as can't really afford this atm with baby only 2weeks old haha!

Could of been the power steering mate even though elec it can make a noise and send vibrations through.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
you will have to jack the car up and check the springs and wheel bearing for play
@Rusty2009 is it anything to worry about then mate? I didn't notice it at all on way home. going to have a little look to see if I can see anything but more than likely be a trip to a garage to get it checked.

@tucpal is the spring and bearings easy to see and check ?

I've never worried about it but pop it into a garage for a quick look over just incase it's not.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I think I just worry to much in general about my cars as I think oh ***** here goes more money haha, will see if the garage can have a quick look tomorrow am

take it the garage as said sure it will be nothing
Going to pop in after I've had little one to doctors

Didn't get to the garage as it was rammed with cars. But on arriving in the multi-storey car park at metro centre again it made that same feeling/noise. However I seem to think it's just whatever they have put on the floor as everyone's car wheels squeal if you turn to fast etc, as I was going slow I think it was only that. panic over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That rubber floor paint is awful!!!
Take it u don't hear it on normal road?

Using Tapatalk
No mate just twice in multi-storey so it's put my mind at ease haha!

I've had noise / vibration from worn discs too when on full lock.
Glad to hear it's nothing needing attention

Using Tapatalk
Front discs and brakes just been replaced so not them, well shouldn't be haha!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.4T Engine noise Nathan191210 1 1,309 29:th-Jun-2021, 09:05:07
Last Post: jay2801
  Steering wheel angle, esp, power Steering smoky-jr 3 2,596 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:23:26
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  Broken wheel stud Euroshopper 1 1,671 6:th-Oct-2020, 07:08:18
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Steering wheel from Astra K foxydimsi 2 3,426 1:st-Oct-2020, 06:49:56
  GTC limited edition alloy wheel paint code Nathan191210 5 3,280 1:st-Aug-2020, 19:22:43
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  2017 GTC Limited edition - Front wheel noise Nathan191210 4 2,631 12:th-Jul-2020, 07:37:10
  space saver wheel Gary13 5 3,509 24:th-May-2020, 19:02:57
Last Post: Gary13
  Squeak when turning steering wheel Rusty2009 12 10,932 12:th-Sep-2019, 21:45:35
Last Post: Boycey1969
  Lowering and wheel spacers twinpipes 1 2,511 28:th-Jul-2019, 08:43:33
  Astra VXR heated steering wheel THEHITMAN 26 15,305 10:th-Mar-2019, 09:34:44