Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
indicator light fog replacement

Indicator/Fog Light Replacement
Hi All,

So my car is really starting to take shape internally but the outside is still lacking a bit. I tried the chrome handles and they weren't that good, struggling to find the chrome trim so think the other thing which i think will really make a difference to my car is the fog lights.

My car currently doesn't have any! Now I'd like to replace mine with pretty much any type that look better, not even too bothered about the functionality of the fog lights, just going for aesthetics here .

So my question is what issues may I have here? Is there any programming involved? Am I likely going to have the loom? If not how do I check for one, not sure where it would be.

Not looking to do this right now but soon enough

Thanks

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

A VCI is needed, I did Lewis's and he needed a new loom too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
they will need to be retro fitted rusty is the man for this he did the fog retro fit for Lewis
and programming is needed and some rewiring i have some face lift fogs and bulbs for sale but no surrounds
if you found the surruonds you could fit them all ready for the wiring and programming later on

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-ASTRA-J-FOGS

but yes it can be done rusty will get back to you when he gets back online
That's what I like to hear! This is something I completely want to do!!! Not sure if I'd want to just buy the bulbs that you have listed tucpal or if I'd want to go for a whole new set like these:

[ATTACH]470[/ATTACH]

If I did these ones would I need to have all the programming done before even the indicators would work?

Cheers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

i have the face lift fogs the ones you pictured are the the older type
Hmmmm I thought the ones I linked were just the better ones...I was after the whole thing ya see along with the chrome to go around them.

These are the ones I want actually! :

[ATTACH]471[/ATTACH]

Mine are currently like those but without the chrome

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

They are the ones rusty will confirm if the surrounds need to be replaced
Okay cool! Thanks mate you're not selling that surround though are you? Just the fog Light bulb ?

If you have no fog lights the surrounds will need to be replaced as they won't have the holes for the fog lights.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Well I'd like to get the whole thing anyway, just depends if it's possible for me to do the whole lot without help as I wouldn't be able to make my way to you

You can fit the fogs etc get some H11 plugs and add the wire that way or new loom.

Programming is a person with MDI & access to SPS only mate,

You will need a new light switch too.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Okay, think I'm gonna have a lot more questions on this! Ha. Not sure where I'd need to add the new wire, if it's a case of splicing into the current one or replying the end of the current one etc. never done any external work on the car yet

You can put the grounds to the chassis mate then it will 1 pin in bumper to engine bay harness

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
key fob transponder chip replacement param84 7 2,794 7:th-Dec-2020, 17:08:47
Last Post: param84
  Tail light cover callyross 4 2,435 9:th-Mar-2020, 08:21:47
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
2015 Gtc reverse light Elad1962 2 2,503 18:th-Jun-2019, 17:06:49
Last Post: vocky
  courtesy light jj120979 5 4,463 19:th-Jun-2017, 10:40:12
Last Post: jj120979
  Fog Light's GOKIWI 3 4,176 23:rd-May-2016, 14:42:55
Last Post: sheppy1