Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
chip key fob transponder replacement

key fob transponder chip replacement

Hello all

I was attempting to change the key fob for my Astra J as the flip bit had become stuck and it looked simple enough. Unfortunately had a nightmare trying to open the original key and have ended up damaging the chip inside  I rang Vauxhall and they said it'd be look at around £200 (not going to do that).

Has anyone got any alternative solutions? Could I potentially use another Astra J keys chip and program it to my car?

Appreciate any help.

Thank you,
Param.
I believe the chips are single use. I think you van buy just the chip off ebay if you're OK with a soldering iron and there are some sellers that do a refurbished key but programming will be needed either way.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
(2:nd-Dec-2020, 16:04:25)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: I believe the chips are single use. I think you van buy just the chip off ebay if you're OK with a soldering iron and there are some sellers that do a refurbished key but programming will be needed either way.

Thank you for the quick reply. Is it only Vauxhall that can do the programming? I had a quick look earlier and saw some of the chips on ebay so will have a good look later on. I don't believe it requires soldering as the replacement key shell I bought, has the chip sit inside and a fixing screw to secure it all.
You should be right there. Just make sure you get the right chip. They should be fitted on the board though even if just stuck
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
The chip is part of the board on the flip key it's not in the case it's self.

in terms of programming anyone with MDI & SPS can do it if they know what they are doing (all keys are needed) or even op-com can do it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(7:th-Dec-2020, 08:17:28)Rusty2009 Wrote: The chip is part of the board on the flip key it's not in the case it's self.

in terms of programming anyone with MDI & SPS can do it if they know what they are doing (all keys are needed) or even op-com can do it.

Thanks Rusty2009. I have come across this website https://www.op-com.co.uk/store/c1/Featur...ducts.html - is this the one you're referring to? The best price I got from a reliable company was £100-115 for a replacement key.

The keyfob I bought was just the outer shell. I saw that on another post, you mentioned the Sundley replacement key fob - they're currently showing as not in stock. Do you have a link to any other ones that you would recommend?

Cheers,
Param.
Yes that's the recommend site to buy op-coms from.

In terms of the fob no I've only used the sundley ones a quick google found me this though, not sure what the shipping costs are though.
https://www.berrysmn.com/index.php?main_...s_id=10225
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thank you for finding that link.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacement key JonathanLondon 1 3,101 1:st-May-2016, 22:21:01
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Indicator/Fog Light Replacement sheppy1 12 8,374 11:th-Mar-2015, 08:50:55
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (22:nd-Feb-2024, 09:21:16)