Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to diesel fuel filter how cars change

How to change fuel filter (diesel cars)
I used the metal maintenance ramp to to change the oil and the trolley jack for the fuel filter.

However my next door neighbour advised me, as he deals in vans and trucks, he told me 1st change the fuel filter and then make sure you start the engine,as if does not then you will need to prime it with the key in the ignition up to II, not starting engine for about 15 seconds and hopefully it should start the engine. If not then you will another person in the car and another person near the air in take pipe and spray inflammable spray, as this will soon start the engine.

Long story I had a struggle to get the engine to start and my battery was dead , when I had to prime and crank the engine, as I lost the power from the battery. I do not drive the car much, so this why my battery is not getting charge,as it should.

Word of advice , if you do change fuel filter, once the new filter is fitted pour/fill diesel on the new filter, which will have the base cap, whihc you will screw back to the body of the Fuel filter. This is to avoid empty fuel, which we lost during replacement of the fuel filter and less chance of air getting in fuel lines and starting the engine,in first go. I never disconnected the battery or fuel lines above,as you can use 32mm socket or 32mm open end spanner to open the fuel filter.

Air filter was easy to Change,as I only took out the Philips screws out and did not loosened the hose pipe clip,as I just slide the old filter and clean the compartment area and slide the new Air filter and screw the cover back. Old Air filter has small bits fly and small bit of dirt.

Cabin pollen filter was also change ,as I took the side trim off near the glove compartment and 4 bolts . However I could not take the light clip off ,as I did not want to overstretched the cable,so I placed a box on the floor to support the glove box, while I change the cabin pollen filter. The old one had small bits of leaves, small dead flies and other small bits. It did not have screw at the centre , so the flap I think it had side lug,as I am not sure what it was, as the cover flips down and you just pull out the old cabin pollen filter out. It had arrow which was pointing down towards the ground,as this is the correct way you need place the cabin filter. I applied some fragrance,so when the blower is on, it may give some nice smell in the car.

I Drain the oil first,as i drove my car on the metal maintenance ramp and I removed the car undertray / open the sump access cover by Pz3 x 4 and the cover flips down. Then I used the T45 Torx socket to open the drain plug and it had a rubber washer, once the old oil is drained out, I used the existing drain plug and existing rubber washer ,by applying new oil on the washer.

I then open the Oil filter with 32mm socket and then place rag around it to catch any oil spill from the old oil filter. I then replace the large washer and 2 new washers and then connected the new oil filter. Lubricated washer with new oil. I then tighten the oil filter.

I then went in the car and release the hand brake to bring the car flat to the ground and fill the new oil,as it took total 5 litre before it came up to maximum.

Checked fuel filter, oil filter and oil sump for any leaks and no leaks.

How after service drove the car couple of miles and all ok.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to change fuel filter (diesel cars) - by Jj0063 - 22:nd-Aug-2015, 21:04:19
RE: How to change fuel filter (diesel cars) - by tucpal - 22:nd-Aug-2015, 21:05:46
RE: How to change fuel filter (diesel cars) - by Jj0063 - 22:nd-Aug-2015, 21:09:03
RE: How to change fuel filter (diesel cars) - by nidzo - 23:rd-Aug-2015, 13:15:20
RE: How to change fuel filter (diesel cars) - by nidzo - 8:th-Feb-2020, 16:05:56
RE: How to change fuel filter (diesel cars) - by tucpal - 20:th-Nov-2015, 13:34:09
How to change fuel filter (diesel cars) - by Tonto - 26:th-Jan-2016, 00:49:52
RE: How to change fuel filter (diesel cars) - by Jj0063 - 29:th-Jan-2016, 20:41:06
RE: How to change fuel filter (diesel cars) - by caretaker - 26:th-Apr-2016, 16:56:43
RE: How to change fuel filter (diesel cars) - by san4os - 26:th-Nov-2016, 12:18:02
RE: How to change fuel filter (diesel cars) - by san4os - 26:th-Nov-2016, 20:03:43
How to change fuel filter (diesel cars) - by Tonto - 24:th-Feb-2017, 11:04:26
How to change fuel filter (diesel cars) - by everson38 - 9:th-Jan-2018, 22:58:30
How to change fuel filter (diesel cars) - by SALMHAGE - 18:th-Dec-2019, 22:43:14
How to change fuel filter (diesel cars) - by tucpal - 18:th-Mar-2015, 21:32:58
How to change fuel filter (diesel cars) - by Rusty2009 - 19:th-Mar-2015, 09:02:47

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oil and Oil filter replacement Shorty S91 22 26,163 21:st-Dec-2020, 17:44:28
Last Post: caretaker

Who read this thread?
4 User(s) read this thread:
pr0xibus (8:th-Feb-2024, 07:45:43), Rosen Popov (28:th-Nov-2023, 08:45:21), exhippykev (30:th-Jun-2023, 20:45:21), caneiv (9:th-Apr-2024, 10:58:55)