This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
to remove door cards how

How to remove door cards
Is there an easy way to prise the door cards off once the screws are removed? I've been trying for over an hour and all I've done is break two of the clips :(
[Image: vCa3MP6.jpg]

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I used a trim tool but I did brake some clips they are stiff and some will brake it's just one of them things.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yeah some did break and I did finally manage to get it off...and then it started to chuck it down and I don't have a garage so I had to abandon the task and quickly get in touch with a family member who did have a garage...finally got round there and no only have enough room and time to fit the original door panel back on again...what a waste of time that was!

Okay looking to start attempt 2 tomorrow! ha. problem is that one of the plastic things that holds one of the blue clips is snapped (was like that when i got them) so not sure if this will cause problems...I've managed to glue it back on a bit but its not very strong.

Also does this look damaged? Not sure if there should be such a big gap or if it should be flush with the other piece like in the second photo:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]425[/ATTACH]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Should be flush mate
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
bond it back together from the inside with silicone and glue it should hold
[Image: DSC03659_zpssmtodvyc.jpg]
Don't think im gonna bother yanno, that's two broken clips and damaged plastic bits (those photos) on both doors...

i dont think the breakers were you got the interior from was the best in the world looks like they just ripped them out
give it a go and see what happens it will be easier to fix that than to swap the LED door lights over
They were a load of crap! Luckily I got the whole lot pretty cheap otherwise I'd have been annoyed!

Yeah that's the only reason I really wanna still do it..

The guy is such an idiot thay he even removed the screws for the handle trim too!

[ATTACH]427[/ATTACH]

Also are we sure that this should sit flush even when not installed? Just that when I make it go flush, this piece of plastic looks like it's bending:

[ATTACH]428[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]429[/ATTACH]

yep it should be flush can i see the back
[ATTACH]430[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]431[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]432[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]433[/ATTACH]

Not sure what you wanted to see so I took a load lol. There was some weird cloth/cotton wool behind the panels that covered the whole thing, sort of like a sheet of it. I pulled it off though as it was loose anyway and wasn't on my other door cards

The weird thing is that when I make it go flush, these bits if plastic seem to move away from where they should be:

[ATTACH]434[/ATTACH]

And after I've pushed the plastic to go flush:

[ATTACH]435[/ATTACH]

I'm thinking now that it's supposed to be like that when it's not attached to the car and that when attached to the car, the blue clip on the other side of the panel will pull this bit towards the car and get rid of that gap...They are both identical in the way that they have that gap and both flex backward removing the gap when i push it toward where the clip would fasten into the car.

By bigger issue is the clip I had to repair with blu tack:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436[/ATTACH]

Hahaha

Should be flush at all off or on, I know what they they pulled it there instead of using a trim tool from the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Fair enough, guess you guys know best! Smile just that when I do pull where the rear blue plug is, it pulls that exact section inwards and makes it flush...so I'm thinking installing it on the car will do the same thing. I don't have any glue strong enough to hold it there anyway so I have no other option

thanks sheppy i was looking at the rivets and there ok also you have the top blue clip that will pull that bit in when it is back on the door
so it may well just pull it all back together when it is all fitted back together
as for the snapped clip just get some silicone and let it set over night that will sort that out i have a broken one and this did fix it

i would just wire it up and fit it and see what happens you have it so it is wroth ago
do you want me to look at it when you see andy ??
tucpal Wrote:thanks sheppy i was looking at the rivets and there ok also you have the top blue clip that will pull that bit in when it is back on the door
so it may well just pull it all back together when it is all fitted back together
as for the snapped clip just get some silicone and let it set over night that will sort that out i have a broken one and this did fix it

i would just wire it up and fit it and see what happens you have it so it is wroth ago
do you want me to look at it when you see andy ??

Phew! Glad you think that, I really wanted to get it done and didn't want to worry thinking that I'm gonna have a massive gap!

I don't think I have any of that silicone...where would I get it from and what's it actually called? Tomorrow is the only day I'll have to do it though and I won't have time to buy the stuff, do it and leave it to set :(

And what are you referring too in your last bit of the comment mate?

Found these but they're for bathrooms I think...would it work?

[ATTACH]437[/ATTACH]

when you meet vxmods for the seat rewire

just standard clear silicone from B@Q but it will take 24 hrs to cure
so try hot melt glue that will dry real fast 1 hour again B@Q.
I used the white stuff on the right of my photo, hope it will have dried enough in about 14 hours!

And if you're referring to the door card then yeah if you could have a look that would be great! Ideally all will go well tomorrow though and there shouldn't be anything for you to look at :P ha. Do you live local to him then?

yep if and when you meet him give me a pm a pop along :cool
tucpal Wrote:yep if and when you meet him give me a pm a pop along :cool

Well we have planned to meet up on 28th March so I'll drop you a message just before then and confirm the time Smile cheers mate

your welcome i may as help you out as well if needed
Hey guys! Seeing a minor issue here and thought one of you might know what it is.

Have installed the first door card but now the window seems a bit slower to open but closes at the normal speed. Also the window sometimes doesn't close all the way, only by about a cm or so but I have to press the window button again to get it to close the rest of the way...anyone seen this before?

All done anyway with LEDS Installed too Smile windows are a bit slow then going up (both sides) and do sound like they are SLIGHTLY getting stuck or catching but it's not a massive issue i dont think...updating my progress thread with photos now Smile

I've always done a another pull on my window switches.

When you fitted the door card did you have the window down? Much easier to fit them and get the top rubber located right then.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
It sounds like your battery is dying sheppy
Yeah I did have them down rusty Smile and think the dying battery may have been why the windows were being slow to open!

Have updated my progress thread with pics on this work anyway Smile the door card fit great and look awesome! One did clip to the body really well to remove that gap but the other still has a tiny gap

I was planning to remove my door cards in order to install new speakers. But after reading your last posts I am terrified! I doubt I will make it without destroying those door cards.Shocked
sure you will be ok just start prizing them off from the bottom
unfortunately sheppy has his ripped off by the person he got them from
Haha not gonna lie the first attempt at it was pretty difficult! It's not a hard bit of work but you really have to tug at the door cards to get them off! I did break a few clips in the process too. But once I'd done the first one, the second door was easy Smile

As long as you follow the how-to and as said pull from the bottom (trim tool is best) you should be fine.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yeah I did that on the second door...loosened the bottom few plug things with a trim tool and then got my hands in there and just pulled it outwards pretty hard and they all came off Smile didn't break a single plug on the second attempt

Part number Description Quantity
13252119 CLIP, 14MM OD., FRONT DOOR TRIM TO DOOR 2
13252118 CLIP, 12MM OD., FRONT DOOR TRIM TO DOOR 5
13252119 CLIP, 14MM OD., REAR DOOR TRIM TO DOOR 2
13252118 CLIP, 12MM OD., REAR DOOR TRIM TO DOOR 5

It seems that I cant find them at any store around here. Any ideas wether I can find them online? ebay has millions of clips but whats the correct size? 12mm OD means 12mm top head diameter?
Try Autovaux mate or ring your local dealer and they can order them in for you if they don't have any in
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
the dealers sell them there not that expensive and at lest you will know they are correct
Oh my! I finally removed the door panel after 3 hours of trying. Removing door handle trim was by far the worst part. I broke 1 clip from that trim and 1 clip from the door card. Anyway, installed new speakers (Pioneer TSG1723i) but I think the original speakers sounded louder with more bass. I m not happy at all. Maybe an amp would make those new speakers sing. For those who will attempt to remove door cards for the 1st time, I took some pictures at the back of the door cards in order to know where are the clips located so you should know where to pull

[ATTACH=CONFIG]516[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]517[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]518[/ATTACH]

I was the same as you! First attempt took me like 3 hours too but the next time it took me about 40 mins...you start to learn the quick ways of doing things and how hard you can pull certain parts of the door cards without breaking them but which allow you to get them off fast lol

i had the same problem when i fitted the speakers but when they are all done the sound changes for the better
basically the new speakers are clashing with the old it will sound better when there all done
Hi!

I Would like to change the rear window switch cover because it's little scratched.

What's the best way to remove the cover? I've to remove the trim around the cover first or just pull the cover using a pry tool? I'm asking because i can't remove the back end of the trim without removing the back end of the cover...

Thanks!
You need to pull the front of the trim off then back pulls out slightly you should then be able to remove the window switch, start at the rear end.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(21:st-Oct-2016, 07:41:48)Rusty2009 Wrote: You need to pull the front of the trim off then back pulls out slightly you should then be able to remove the window switch, start at the rear end.
Thanks for the advice

Meanwhile I changed the window switch trim:

[Image: 20161031_204646.jpg]

[Image: 20161031_203455.jpg]

These are the older ones:

[Image: 20161031_204831.jpg]
Hello guys,

So I have a noise coming from my drivers door (LHD) that's driving me crazy when I go by speed bumps or holes...

I've take it a part already but the only thing that I saw wrong was it poor construction...

Can you give me some advice on what I can do to minimize the noise Is it some loose cable or do you think that's the plastic that protects the water from coming in?

I've already took care of a pillars, the indicators cable, the light panel on the roof... But the noises keep appearing and they're driving me crazy!

I would really appreciate some help, thanks!
What sort of noise is it?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
It's like someone is inside my door banging it when I go over speed bumps lol

I try to press on it to see if it the noise stops but it won't stop by any means...
Are you sure it's not something under the car, directly under the drivers seat knocking on the underside, isn't there a couple of pipes/ lines there?
I would be on the same lines as @Stigeye get up on ramp and have a good look check joints etc.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Well, I would swear that it comes from the door... But with this noises, we never know lol

I will check the under of the car then.

Thanks guys!
(6:th-Mar-2015, 22:39:31)sheppy1 Wrote: Fair enough, guess you guys know best! Smile just that when I do pull where the rear blue plug is, it pulls that exact section inwards and makes it flush...so I'm thinking installing it on the car will do the same thing. I don't have any glue strong enough to hold it there anyway so I have no other option

Hi,

New to the forum and came across this thread. The drivers door card on my Astra is exactly the same. I bought the car and someone, at some point, has replaced a wing mirror - the card has a gap exactly where yours had / has (mine is on he car tho). I am wondering if the clip behind where the gap is has been broken when they removed it and did a "that'll do" job when refitting.

When you fitted yours did the gap close. I have ordered a load of clips so if it does close the gap I think I am going to have a stab at fixing it.

Thanks,
So glad there's a how to on removing the door card. Front Passenger speaker has been playing up so might be a new one on the cards!!

Using Tapatalk
(10:th-Mar-2017, 20:16:15)richje100 Wrote: So glad there's a how to on removing the door card. Front Passenger speaker has been playing up so might be a new one on the cards!!

If you want to keep with factory ones I have a full set for sale.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How-to Remove Airbag Steering Wheel & Buttons Rusty2009 49 45,371 9:th-Sep-2020, 00:40:49
Last Post: M222RJF
  How To: Boot Door Panel sheppy1 6 16,455 21:st-Aug-2020, 17:47:38
Last Post: Rusty2009
  How-to remove Instrument Cluster (IPC) Rusty2009 24 40,162 23:rd-Jul-2020, 11:21:25
Last Post: scrooge
  How to remove the center console & EPB switch tucpal 11 24,537 4:th-Feb-2019, 02:38:22
Last Post: DikoAJ
  How-to Remove Sun visors Rusty2009 10 20,209 25:th-Aug-2018, 21:40:03
Last Post: sheppy1
  How to remove air vent trim Rusty2009 10 19,154 25:th-Aug-2018, 14:20:50
Last Post: mikeb7900
  Upgrade to alloy door pins tucpal 7 17,821 5:th-Sep-2017, 12:24:44
Last Post: Padster
  How to, Door Lock Catch Covers. Astra J. tucpal 10 12,495 28:th-Jun-2017, 12:58:56
Last Post: Steveb19111978
  Howto remove glove box & Replace Pollen Cabin filter tucpal 43 47,618 18:th-Apr-2017, 05:33:21
Last Post: iphoneservice
  How-to Remove Door Trim Rusty2009 1 10,241 15:th-Mar-2015, 13:31:07
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?
4 User(s) read this thread:
Rusty2009 (4:th-Nov-2023, 08:14:22), hippoo (16:th-Jan-2024, 18:23:10), ziTneY (16:th-Oct-2023, 21:57:49), iNeoTom (11:th-Mar-2024, 20:45:35)