Switch to desktop version  
How to remove door cards - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Forum: Interior How-to's (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Thread: How to remove door cards (/showthread.php?tid=47)

Pages: 1 2 3

How to remove door cards - Rusty2009 - 27:th-Feb-2014

How To Remove Door cards.

Front

The first thing you need to do is open the window/s and remove key.

Then you can start removing the door cards,

So get a small precision screwdriver and remove the cover on behind the door handle

Then lift up the window control switch, and then pull it towards the car.

Next you need to remove the trim running up the door handle, start where I have and work your way up (Follow the pictures), Take you time as it is easy to break some clips.

Next job is to remove the 3 screws

Next you need to pull the door card from the door, be careful the clips can break here

Once you've unclipped the door card you need to lift it up on the right edge then pull it back to the right,

Unclip all the connections and remove that's it done.

Refitting is the reversal of removal.

Rear.

Again really simple and straightforward,

For thoses with the manual winder please see the below clip
for a quick and cheap way of getting the clip off with a rag.

How to remove door cards - tucpal - 27:th-Feb-2014

grate how to there rusty.
well done.

How to remove door cards - pope30 - 30:th-Jan-2015

If someone could tell me how to remove the rear cards on the GTC I would appreciate it, I am guessing I will need to remove the rear seats.

How to remove door cards - tucpal - 30:th-Jan-2015

i would think so
baz my know that

How to remove door cards - sheppy1 - 6:th-Feb-2015

Just got my new door cards and saw this cable behind one of them...is this the LED WITH door loom that can be plugged into my door if it has the loom connector?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325[/ATTACH]

Very impressed with the door panels though! They look the shiz! Ha, didn't realise the speaker grills had chrome surrounds too! Love that touch!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]326[/ATTACH]

How to remove door cards - tucpal - 6:th-Feb-2015

yes that is it mate it is cheerer just to cut the connector off
add some wire and splice into the window switch like in the how too.

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-to-ambient-door-lights

Oh okay, if my car has the connector built in though then why wouldn't I just connect them both up (plug them in) and have done?

you may not have the other connector on the door harness
and even if you have there will be no loom between that plug and the plug on the harness
it is and will be missing all is explained in the how to.

Ahhhh got ya! Okay thanks, will have a good read over the guide

can i use that picture of the connector you put up

tucpal Wrote:can i use that picture of the connector you put up

Sure! not the best picture in the world, but if it's going to be useful in any way, shape or form then feel free to use it

thanks mate just saves me waiting till i next tack the door card off

tucpal Wrote:thanks mate just saves me waiting till i next tack the door card off

I like how you say it as thought it's something you do often haha. Can I ask what happened to the donation page? Was looking to try and donate when I get paid next but the page seems to have been removed or blocked or something

top page just above the 5 door Astra j

and thanks it all helps run the forum :cool

How to remove door cards - sheppy1 - 7:th-Feb-2015

tucpal Wrote:top page just above the 5 door Astra j

and thanks it all helps run the forum :cool

You're more than welcome, you guys have been a massive help so far and I enjoy being on here . I see this message when I click the donate button though

[ATTACH]327[/ATTACH]

How to remove door cards - tucpal - 7:th-Feb-2015

I will get rusty to sort that tomorrow and see what the problem is

How to remove door cards - Rusty2009 - 7:th-Feb-2015

[MENTION=268]sheppy1[/MENTION] re the connector for the door LED if you don't have it fitted inside the door I do have them and can supply them both with wire attached for £5 posted this will allow quick removal if you have to add the wire as in the how-to.

rusty add a link to the ambient door light how to
in the second option if you like about how you can supply the looms
if they have both connectors there.
i never new you had any

Yeah mate not too many left and the supplier has now put a min order on them which is annoying.

This is what I'll supply so it can hooked up to the switch like you did (used these when I did [MENTION=19]Lewis6317[/MENTION])

good idea rusty
saves cutting the plug off the LED in the door card
plug that to the LED and then splice into the mirror switch
there you go sheppy
that would make life alot easier for you

Thanks for that! Would definitely be interested in that once i've understood what exactly it's going to replace ha.

so would that plug end go into the led plug in the door panel and the wire end get spliced into the window switches?

sheppy1 Wrote:so would that plug end go into the led plug in the door panel and the wire end get spliced into the window switches?

Yes mate that's it.

Rusty2009 Wrote:Yes mate that's it.

Perfect! Saves me cutting connectors off where I don't need too as tucpal said right well I won't be able to afford to buy any until the end of the month unfortunately..will drop you a message then and see if you still have some thanks again! also the donation page works again now

sheppy1 Wrote:Perfect! Saves me cutting connectors off where I don't need too as tucpal said right well I won't be able to afford to buy any until the end of the month unfortunately..will drop you a message then and see if you still have some thanks again! also the donation page works again now

No worries I'll keep a couple to one side. Yes fixed it this morning.

Thanks rusty also here's a few more pictures of the cable behind the door card if it's still needed tucpal

[ATTACH]328[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]329[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]330[/ATTACH]

thanks mate much appreciated.

How to remove door cards - sheppy1 - 8:th-Feb-2015

tucpal Wrote:thanks mate much appreciated.

You're welcome I didn't realise thought that the back two panels have electric window controls which I don't have in my car! Ha. Could just swap the front two out but not sure if that would look daft...

How to remove door cards - Rusty2009 - 8:th-Feb-2015

[MENTION=268]sheppy1[/MENTION] [MENTION=19]Lewis6317[/MENTION] will be looking for leather rears with no holes in once hes got the rear elec windows fitted you too might be able to do a swap?

Rusty2009 Wrote:[MENTION=268]sheppy1[/MENTION] [MENTION=19]Lewis6317[/MENTION] will be looking for leather rears with no holes in once hes got the rear elec windows fitted you too might be able to do a swap?

Oooo really?! I'd be more than happy to do that! [MENTION=19]Lewis6317[/MENTION] get in touch if you'd be willing to swap

How to remove door cards - Lewis6317 - 8:th-Feb-2015

Yeah longs your is the same as mine mate. Upload a pic mate i will do the same when i get out in abit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lewis6317 Wrote:Yeah longs your is the same as mine mate. Upload a pic mate i will do the same when i get out in abit.

Mine are the leather ones from the elite with sort of a grey/black trim. Will take some pics later as I'm out atm. Where are you based btw?

Here's a picture I have of the front ones already...will take more later of the back ones as I say

[ATTACH]334[/ATTACH]

Im in swindon mate

Lewis6317 Wrote:Im in swindon mate

Ahhh may have a problem then, that's 134 miles from me :( ha

sheppy1 Wrote:Ahhh may have a problem then, that's 134 miles from me :( ha

You could meet half way :-)

Rusty2009 Wrote:You could meet half way :-)

Good point! Would be happy to try and arrange something, beats selling online and messing around trying to buy more!

Lewis6317 Wrote:Im in swindon mate

Here you go mate, here's a photo of one of them, the other is identical. They have a few minor scratches on the bottom but that's the bit that you never see.

[ATTACH]335[/ATTACH]

Yeah we could swap when i have the rear windows done

Lewis6317 Wrote:Yeah we could swap when i have the rear windows done

Sounds good to me! Where would be best to meet? Also can you post a pic of yours when you get a min, wanna see if they're the same colour trim

[MENTION=268]sheppy1[/MENTION] Lewis's are the same, just [MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] made the hole for Lewis.

Ahhh okay! Would there not be a gap or hole then where the electric controls should be?

No because you would use the handles from your old door cards

Rusty2009 Wrote:No because you would use the handles from your old door cards

Nooo I mean with the cards that can accept the electric controls they will have a place for those to go on the arm rest won't they? So if lewis's have been covered to accept manual controls then there will still be a hole in the arm rest for the electric controls won't there?

The hole has been made purly for the window winder the button used for electric sits in the handle.

Rusty2009 Wrote:The hole has been made purly for the window winder the button used for electric sits in the handle.

That's fine but wouldn't there be a section missing from the cards where the electric controls should be? Because you said that tucpal made holes in them for Lewis so guessing they were cards for cars with rear electric windows originally?

No mate the bit I colored in red is where you have just a handle (pocket) this is where the button sits too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]338[/ATTACH]

This is the part fitted for elec rear windows

[ATTACH]339[/ATTACH]

If you check your door you see what I mean.

Ahhhh I'm with you! I was thinking it would be a completely different arm rest design to make way for the buttons! But I know what you mean now so you literally just made a hole for the winder then?

Tucpal did yes I told Lewis to wait but has real bad OCD

Rusty2009 Wrote:Tucpal did yes I told Lewis to wait but has real bad OCD

Good stuff! Why does he need an electric one now then? Have messaged him to let me know when he wants to meet up anyway

He's hoping to get the parts for me to retrofit rear elec windows for him.

Ahhh fair doos! Sounds like that could be a tough project! Hope he gets it sorted