VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Progress Thread: Sheppy1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
THEY WILL LOOK MUCH BETTER
Indeed they will [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] rusty has kindly offered to make up the wiring for me and I'm trying to hunt down someone who can do the VCI coding! Ha. Do I ask for a certain thing from Vauxhall for those fog light screws... Or just ask for fog light screws? Lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
just need a reg from a car with the fogs
then lookers will be able to find the three clips and screws
there very common part they will have them in stock most likely
Ahhhh so it's Lookers and not my local VX that I should be going too... Cool! I'll ring them ASAP [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] ta

Local Dealership should have them mate if not they will get them in. If you get really stuck I can do the VCI for you mate.
Yeah I've emailed Lookers and will also ring the local dealer tomorrow Smile also really appreciate that! I don't want to be almost £150 down with non working fog lights! Ha. Issue is...you live about 4 hours from me :P
Haha the drive will do your car good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahaha 8 hour round trip won't do my back any good Wink already totally nackered from the car crash I was in 8 years ago! Will see what the other 2 say anyway mate, appreciate you offering to do it and good to know you're there as a backup Smile
Yeah know how you feel mate does my back in long runs (sister smacked a door handle into my spine repeatedly when I was 12).

I also find my right leg goes dead after an 30-45mins.
Bloody hell dude! in as bad of a position as me! i feel your pain though (literally) I've spent thousands of pounds tyring to have my back fixed after that crash but to no avail...have to take pain killers daily now and the 2 hour round trip to work doesn't help :(
Finally got the fogs on! Ha

[Image: b859Lan.jpg]

[Image: Qw9COTV.jpg]

[Image: 2fuNTcw.jpg]

Just working with rusty on sorting the wiring out now...turns out my car is even more unique (crap and annoying) than we thought and it's missing the loom require for the fog light power etc.

Also have the front U shaped grill trim ready to install too once i figure out how to get the lower grill off and also have time to remove the bumper again! (hated that job) ha.
looks much better mate sure they will work soon
Yeah I agree and good to have the official surrounds too... Even though the others with the stick on trim looked good. Need to get the fuse box out so rusty can take a look what wiring I have there for getting the fogs going... Just need to find a time when it's not raining to get it out! Ha

Looking really good mate and fingers crossed the wiring is straight forward! Good luck with the rain holding off though haha

Hahaha that's the biggest challenge! Finding a time when it's not raining lol. Thanks though [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

rain is a nightmare at the moment
i have been waiting 3 weeks now to clean my EGR out
every time i go out its dark or raining ha ha
sure rusty will have no problems with the wiring good luck
How do you clean the egr?

easy take it off and clean it and the inlet pipe
plenty off info about but i will document it if it ever stops raining
but prevention is the key use good quality fuels and regularly
use fuel system cleaners and short journeys are the death of the egr
so long runs and make sure the dfp has been on
Got my steering wheel installed [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

[Image: 989129563ac202807c906ac702289282.jpg]

[Image: 90b2ea04c88d8442402f525228f98ce3.jpg]

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
Looks spot on mate

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Looks lovely mate, well done.

well done looks much better for sure
Thanks guys! Appreciate the comments [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] I'm loving it anyway! The centre Bolton holding the wheel on was a pain to remove though!

The joys of locktite

(26:th-Dec-2015, 16:53:00)bhalay207 Wrote: [ -> ]The joys of locktite

Ahhh that would explain why it was miles easier to tighten it and then loosen it again afterwards! Ha

Yeah, it was the blue stuff on the thread. Mine was a bugger to undo, felt like I was going to snap the tool bit lol

(26:th-Dec-2015, 17:01:19)bhalay207 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it was the blue stuff on the thread. Mine was a bugger to undo, felt like I was going to snap the tool bit lol

Ha yes! Same with me! I actually broke q screwdriver trying to get it loose and went to halfords today and got a proper torx set which worked fine... Although messed my hands up in the process!

Better photos:

[Image: 8f33c98e369d48802e23b5cf37fce71a.jpg]

[Image: e9a7b0999f67e1657e0111cc7d64ec27.jpg]

Installed the official vauxhall scuff plates too [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] yes the car is filthy and I'm gonna have her cleaned over the hols (xmas not summer haha)

[Image: 260496d7a3be2f5da58e7535b5b4b956.jpg]

[Image: 25311d0b48454b4adec8cfe173668f70.jpg]

[Image: d4a4faed7398718f24bd59304ffb7f21.jpg]

keep up the good work
Will do mate! Big grin gonna install the chrome bumper trim when I get chance as it's in the cupboard atm then still working on getting the fogs working and also looking out for some chrome headlights too...So plenty planned! Big grin
Looking good mate, keep it up my car is no better (although I did manage to blag the wife to wash it a couple of weeks ago).
Pahahaha nice work on that one! I can sometimes get the Mrs to help but she never does it for me.

Great progress thread pal! May be in trouble with the other half for spending the last hour reading through all your jobs. Car is looking good though pal!
I'm thinking some new bulbs and pressed plates now too Tongue

(1:st-Jan-2016, 22:42:45)ac2709 Wrote: [ -> ]Great progress thread pal! May be in trouble with the other half for spending the last hour reading through all your jobs. Car is looking good though pal!

Hahaha you sound like me when I first joined the site! The Mrs was always giving me grief about being on here too much! hehe. Glad you like the thread though and sorry things are all over the place...I wanted to add it all to the original post but there is a photo limit apparently so I just ended up adding a new reply every time i did work.

Let me know if you need to know what parts I used for the plates, bulbs or any other jobs i did Smile. Your car will probably have 90% of what I want/wanted anyway...Half of the work I've done on my car was to get it from Energy to as close to Elite spec as i could...still on an ongoing job though, haven't really done a great deal of work other than trying to get Elite features
(1:st-Jan-2016, 22:42:45)ac2709 Wrote: [ -> ]Great progress thread pal! May be in trouble with the other half for spending the last hour reading through all your jobs. Car is looking good though pal!

At least I'm not the only that gets grief from their other half for looking through the forums. She literally shouts at me for it sometimes, it annoys her more when I don't listen - which isn't something I do intentionally Wink

(2:nd-Jan-2016, 00:50:16)Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]

At least I'm not the only that gets grief from their other half for looking through the forums. She literally shouts at me for it sometimes, it annoys her more when I don't listen - which isn't something I do intentionally Wink

Ha yeah sure you don't ;Wink

Very quick update! Thanks to @rusty2009 and Andy from VXmods i finally have my fogs wired into the car...as my car is an odd one i didn't have the fog loom/connector in my car so they had to be wired right into the fuse box for power!

Now to get the VCI codes requested and programmed to see if they actually work! Ha
Did Andy do a fuse jumper test on them mate?

Nope! And now I'm worried! Ha. What does that do??

Just makes sure the fogs.

Makes sure they work? He was gonna just attach them to the positive on the battery but we were against the weather (I was holding a brollie over him as he did the work lol) so we had to get done quick! No reason they wouldn't work is there? Your wiring was spot on... He just did what had to be done and then yeah.. All down to the bulbs working really ain't it?

Yeah the loom I made will be fine mate. I tested Lewis to make sure everything worked through the fuse board.

You tested the loom you made for me on his car? If so then nice one! I appreciate that [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] I appreciate everything you've done to help me actually.

Only needed to put a pin into slot 55 on the x2 block didn't he? (think it was x2, he went off the schematics you sent him anyway)

well done sheppy so there all wired in and just the programming to go then
I bench tested your loom and the bulbs mate. I did a fuse board test on Lewis car when we did his fogs.

Your welcome mate glad to help.
(2:nd-Jan-2016, 22:08:49)tucpal Wrote: [ -> ]well done sheppy so there all wired in and just the programming to go then
Cheers mate! Obviously had a lot of help from rusty and also Andy and yourself too, all I did was keep at it and gather all the parts [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] but yeah... Just programming now and then hope everything works!

Absolutely HUUUGGEE thanks to @rusty2009 for this as he helped massively with all aspects of it... But I've finally got my fogs installed and programmed!! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

[Image: 90a9eff6497de7a70c9b64b8a77e7ec8.jpg]

[Image: 470cfdbfd72501859a1f0146279f4792.jpg]

[Image: 531b1678cb2827d3d00fed5b4e321890.jpg]

Very nice mate, well done!!!

Thanks mate! Such as relief to get these done! Took a ridiculous amount of time and effort and more money than expected too! But oh well, done now [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Now to get the bulbs replaced with some nice LED ones.

Looking good though!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36